How busy is it at the Halloween Party? Total tickets available per night?

I am thinking of attending the Halloween Party this year. Possibly on the 28th (Friday).

How busy is this event when it is sold out? Do they sell so many tickets as to fill Disneyland (to capacity)? Is this even information even available to the public? (number of tickets available per night)

Also... are ALL the rides open during the party?

I have never been... so I appreciate any words of wisdom.

• The Prince

Re: How busy is it at the Halloween Party? Total tickets available per night?

I've been there last year and I believe it was between early and mid October. From what I remember, tickets are limited so buy your tickets in advance. When I was there it didn't seem crowded at all. The only times that you wait in line is for the candy but they move pretty fast. Also on character meet and greet can be a bit of a wait. As for attractions, I don't think lines are too long. Most of them remain open but you may want to double check the calendar on which attractions will be closed. It's definately worth it, I had a great time and hope to go again this year.

I went last year on Halloween and it was not crowded at all, the only real lines were for the candy, the rides had little to no wait with the longest being space mountain, but most were nearly walk on or very minimal wait.

It was the best way to experience Disneyland and really is worth going to.

Question for those that have been. My understanding is that kids can attend in costume. Any restrictions for adults? I am bringing my daughter out for a surprise trip and have thought about packing our ren faire garb which looks to be right out of Pirates of the Caribbean.

• Dreaming of next trip

Stay within the rules for costumes and you will be fine.
    It is a great time, we went last year and we are going again this year. We go a couple of weeks before Halloween.
    Here are the rules from the Disney site.
    Costume Information
    All event attendees — including adults — may dress in their favorite Halloween costume and must follow these and other guidelines:
    • Costumes should be child-friendly and may not be obstructive, offensive or violent.
    • Guests may wear masks. However, masks must not obstruct vision and eyes must be visible at all times.
    • Guests who dress like Disney Characters may not pose for pictures or sign autographs for other Guests.
    • Costumes should not drag on the ground.
    • Costumes should not contain sharp objects, pointed objects or materials that may accidentally strike another Guest.
    • Costumes should not contain any weapons which resemble or could easily be mistaken for an actual weapon.
    • Guests of all ages may only wear costumes to the Disneyland® Resort Halloween event to which they have valid tickets.
    • During normal Park operating hours, costumes are permitted only for Guests ages 9 and younger.
    Guests who do not adhere to these guidelines may be refused entry into the event unless his or her costume can be modified to meet the above standards.

You can enter the park in costume 3 hours before the party.
    Have fun, you should have a great time.