Halloween Party Questions

I found the site awhile ago and found it chock full of good info and finally signed up. Bear with me if I breach any etiquette here.

I am bringing my 11 year old daughter out for a surprise visit and have some questions.

My understanding is kids can be in costume. Any restrictions for adults? If not will I draw strange looks? Background....I was looking to bring our ren faire garb which makes us look like extras for Pirates of the Caribbean.

What are the must see/do things?

Any tips or tricks that can be shared?

I believe you can get in a few hours before the start and we plan to be there as soon as we can get in and stay as long as we can. Good plan?

• Dreaming of next trip

Re: Halloween Party Questions

There are alot of things to do and see, they have special meet and great areas.
    you can go trick or treating in several areas. The fireworks show is very good.
    Here are the rules for costumes:
    Costume Information
    All event attendees — including adults — may dress in their favorite Halloween costume and must follow these and other guidelines:
    • Costumes should be child-friendly and may not be obstructive, offensive or violent.
    • Guests may wear masks. However, masks must not obstruct vision and eyes must be visible at all times.
    • Guests who dress like Disney Characters may not pose for pictures or sign autographs for other Guests.
    • Costumes should not drag on the ground.
    • Costumes should not contain sharp objects, pointed objects or materials that may accidentally strike another Guest.
    • Costumes should not contain any weapons which resemble or could easily be mistaken for an actual weapon.
    • Guests of all ages may only wear costumes to the Disneyland® Resort Halloween event to which they have valid tickets.
    • During normal Park operating hours, costumes are permitted only for Guests ages 9 and younger.
    Guests who do not adhere to these guidelines may be refused entry into the event unless his or her costume can be modified to meet the above standards.

You can get in 3 hours early in your costume.

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Re: Halloween Party Questions

• Viewing of the boo-tiful Halloween Screams fireworks spectacular — exclusively for Mickey's Halloween Party Guests
    • Admission to the Disneyland Park up to 3 hours prior to the event's start time
    • Take photos with favorite Disney Villains
    • Special treat stations offering both yummy candy and healthy goodies
    • Dress up and enjoy the ghoulish goings-on at Mickey's Costume Party Cavalcade
    • At Piratepalooza in Rancho del Zocalo Restaurante, kick up your boots with Goofy and other swashbucklers.
    • Come to Tomorrowland Terrace for Buzz Lightyear's Intergalactic Space Jam — a hi-energy dance party that goes to infinity and beyond
    • Access to nearly all attractions, including all the Halloween-themed attractions such as Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy and Haunted Mansion Holiday
    • Lively music so your bones can boogie
    • Plus, lots more entertainment for little boys and ghouls

You'll also enjoy complimentary parking for one vehicle. Larger vehicles may require an additional fee.

Mickey's Halloween Party at Disneyland Park 2011 Dates and Pricing
    Event Dates Ticket Price
    When Purchased in Advance
    Ticket Price When Purchased on Event Date
    Friday, September 30, 2011 - 7:00 p.m. to 12:00 a.m.
    Monday, October 3, 2011
    - 6:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.
    Tuesday, October 11, 2011
    Tuesday, October 18, 2011
    Tuesday, October 25, 2011
    $49.00 $59.00
    Friday, October 7, 2011 - 7:00 p.m. to 12:00 a.m.
    Friday, October 14, 2011
    - 7:00 p.m. to 12:00 a.m.
    Friday, October 21, 2011
    - 7:00 p.m. to 12:00 a.m.
    $59.00 $59.00
    Friday, October 28, 2011 - 7:00 p.m. to 12:00 a.m.
    Monday, October 31, 2011
    $64.00 $64.00

Special Annual Passholders Prices
    Buy your tickets now and print them at home or call (714) 781-4565. Guests under age 18 must have parent or guardian permission to call.

Source: Mickey's Halloween Party at Disneyland Park

* Advanced purchase prices available until one day prior to applicable event date.

Space is limited and tickets are available while supplies last. Advance purchase savings available with valid Annual Passport for specified event nights only and may not be combined with other discounts or promotions. Online purchases unavailable on day of event. Limit eight (8) tickets per Annual Passholder, per event date. Tickets are nonrefundable and may not be sold or transferred for commercial use. Tickets are valid for admission to the designated party and to the Theme Park beginning at a specified time prior to party commencement.

Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz