Thread: Shuttle service

Shuttle service

Yikes! Two days away 'til Disneyland, & my husband and I are trying to decide between Disneyland Resort Express and Super Shuttle. We've taken the Shuttle, but are toying with the idea of something different. We'll be arriving at John Wayne and staying at the DH, so any thoughts, like who has quicker service, least expensive....?
    [URL="http://www.mickeypath.com/"]

• Banned User

Re: Shuttle service

Cab will be quickest service. There should be one ready for you at the curb. The bus is on a schedule, and the van will leave only when it's full and might not drop you off first.
    Not the least expensive, but then you're staying at the DH. Money does not appear to be something you would object to.

• ---------------

I've done the Super Shuttle and the Disneyland bus.

Disneyland bus is more expensive.
    If I remember correctly, it also took awhile before we left. They make sure they can get enough people on the bus.
    According to Disneyland website:
    "
    Disneyland Resort Express
    The Disneyland Resort Express provides the most convenient mode of transportation between John Wayne Airport and the Disneyland Resort area, including Disneyland Resort and Anaheim Resort hotels. Upon exiting baggage claim, proceed to the GTC. The Disneyland Resort Express picks up Guests in front of the ticket booth located to the left on a regular basis. Reservations are not required, but there is a fee to ride. "
    source: Transportation | Guest Services | Disneyland Resort

Notice it says other Anaheim Resort hotels. Just because it says Disneyland, doesn't mean it's the only hotel it goes to. I was shocked to learn this when it went to other hotels. I thought it was a direct route to Disney hotels.

As far as the super shuttle, it is cheaper, but you can make several stops (not even in the resort area) before they get to your hotel.

I don't remember anyone one of them being faster.

We did a limo service on year.
    Surprisingly it wasn't that expensive (if doing 4 or more) and we got to the hotel quickly. You'd need to shop around. Not all of them are reasonable in price.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Senior Minion

This recent thread may offer some additional advice...

Flying to the Disneyland Resort for the first time.

I am flying into LAX next month and am probably going with the private car from Supershuttle ($72 each way I believe)
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

Sediment, It's not like my husband & I stay at the DH everytime we're in DLR, we happenend to have won a trip to DL and we picked the Disneyland Hotel because we've never stayed there. I wasn't expecting a snarky response, just peoples preferences of what worked for them.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by katy621 View Post
    Sediment, It's not like my husband & I stay at the DH everytime we're in DLR, we happenend to have won a trip to DL and we picked the Disneyland Hotel because we've never stayed there. I wasn't expecting a snarky response, just peoples preferences of what worked for them.
    Sorry.
    However, you should always expect at least one snarky response. This is the internet!
    Cab. You'll get there with no prior stops, guaranteed. $50, including tip, according to internet. I prefer not to stop four times before my stop. I'm willing to pay more for that.
    $50.00 - Taxi fare from John Wayne airport to Disneyland in Los Angeles
    Bus is cheaper, and you might have to wait for it. If you come in late, it might not be there at all. SuperShuttle and PrimeTime shuttles make more money when the vans are packed with passengers, and not just with you and hubby. So, it will wait for other passengers, be they pre-reserved or impulse customers, until it's full enough. I.e., they really don't care about you at all. Then, you get to sit next to said passengers. You don't know what you'll get to sit next to, in terms of odors and loudness.
    A private car (limosine service), with a driver with a placard with your name on it, should cost about the same. Nicer car than the cab. Prepaid. You decide whether or not to tip. (Sometimes tip is added to prepayment.) Several choices available on the internet.

(Your won trip should have included transportation to and from airport.)
    Last edited by sediment; 09-07-2011 at 09:58 AM.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    Cab will be quickest service. There should be one ready for you at the curb. The bus is on a schedule, and the van will leave only when it's full and might not drop you off first.
    Not the least expensive, but then you're staying at the DH. Money does not appear to be something you would object to.
    Weird, I've never had a van wait to be full, sometimes I have been the only person on the shuttle, this is leaving the airport of course, going to the airport they are almost always full however.

Sediment,

RE: (Your won trip should have included transportation to and from airport.)

Nope, it didn't. We just paid for the airfare, the rest of the fine print was hotel & park hopper tix.
    As for "This is the internet, I just asked for people's preferences of what they liked. Other folks who ask questions in forums such as these, aren't looking for snarky answers, just info they can use to make their vacations a bit easier.

• Banned User

You don't have to look for snarky answers. They just show up!

Just like cabs. (Except snarky answers are free. Cabs cost $50 from John Wayne airport to DLH.)

That is an unusual "contest," though.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

If your party is between 3 -4 people the cab actually may cost -less- than a shuttle.

Even if the cab is a bit more, it is SO worth the extra couple of bucks.
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

The disneyland express bus is more than perfect. It's first stop is the disneyland hotel, and on the way to the airport, the last stop is the disneyland hotel.

I have actually done both from John Wayne. Since you are staying at the DLH, the bus is nice because it goes straight there from the airport. The only concern, as someone else mentioned, is what time are you traveling. From John Wayne, there are certain times of the day that it only leaves once an hour. The Super Shuttle is almost always there and departs pretty quickly. The problem with shuttle is the driver will go in whatever logical order to drop people off. You could be first or you could wind up driving through suburbia for an hour.