View Poll Results: What would you like to see being offered at the Hyperion at DCA?

Voters
80. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bring Back Steps in Time

4 5.00%
  • Bring Back BLAST!

15 18.75%
  • The current show, Aladdin

20 25.00%
  • A new show to replace Aladdin

35 43.75%
  • Nothing, I think Disney could use the money spent on entertainement elsewhere instead

6 7.50%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Re: What would you like to see being offered at the Hyperion at DCA

My personal favorite would be, *Show Biz Is...* The ultimate and BEST stage show Disneyland Park has ever done! Does anyone out there remember that show at the Space Stage (now HISTA) or Videopolis (now the Fantasyland Theatre)? It ran from '81 thru '84 and then came back in the summer of '89.

Sure, it may be *dated* by now, but Disney could do their magic and bring it up-to-date for 2006. It would fit perfectly in the Hyperion Theatre, cuz the show is all about the movies, Broadway, music and lots of dancing and costume changes!!

My second choice would be bringing back the original *Steps In Time* and giving it a fair chance. I saw one performance of that show and absolutely loved it!! I was so mad when they changed the whole storyline and brought in that *hip* Fairy-Godmother and those brat boys! The music/dancing was awesome tho, so I will give credit there!

For me, I just want to see less acting/dialogue, and LOTS more dancing, singing and costume changes!! This is what Disneyland was known for in their stage shows throughout the 80's. A show with a simple storyline, yet upbeat and fun.

Aladdin is great, but something new needs to be in that theatre. I'm hoping 2006 will see that happen...maybe by next summer!!

• Confuzled Woozle

Most little kids can't sit through a full length musical. And as most people go with their kids, I can't see that working.
    I really love Aladdin, and don't want to see it go. But if it had to, I always though a Hercules musical might be cool. You could do some amazing costumes for that.
    Did you hear about the three blondes who were driving to Disneyland?
    After being in the car for hours, they saw a sign that said "Disneyland left" so they turned around and went home.

I would love to see Disney utilize the Hyperion theater as a place to hold a live showing of The Muppet Show. Get rid of the 3D movie and then use the theater for an ever changing Muppet show which could go on for a long time.

• DLR -> WDW Cast Member

I don't care what they put in there, as long as they put in bathrooms.

Without bathrooms they cannot have any major production like the ones they were originally planned for the venue.

• Disney Nazi

Aladdin is getting a bit stale - even though i still get a thrill when the Al comes in on the elephant.

Aside from Mary Poppins and all the other broadway based musicals that are to long i want the following....

I would like to see some of the good songs and scenes from the older movies recreated in a kind of review.

Lady and the Tramp has great music as does Jungle Book, Alice in Wonderland, Robin Hood etc etc. Plus the kids love these classics as do the big kids ! It would be a great chance to see the Disney magic as we would never see it otherwise.
    "Lies make baby Jesus cry!"

• love my friends

I really love aladdin but if they got rid of that, I would LOVE to see another disney musical .. alladin is spectacular so anything to that same magnitude would be great

Friends for life

i think somethng like the trans siberian orchaestra with a mix of orchestra and rock would entertain the guests. from jan-nov they play some disney songs, then during the holiday season they play holiday music

• Minion

How about a Hollywood impersenator show?

• 6 kids before I'm 30!!!!

Wink Re: What would you like to see being offered at the Hyperion at DCA

My opinion they pretty much done all the princess stories except for Little Mermaid. Guessing it would be too costly to make scenes look underwater I think they should do Mulan. That movie was great with wonderful songs. My 0.02 They should at least put another Broadway-type musical if they ever replace Aladdin. That show is still awesome. but the repeatablitly( is that a word hahaha) is not high.
    We rock the party that rocks the party!
    We are truly a new generation of the Brady Bunch!

• What have I done?

At Disney MGM they have specifically a theater for th eLittle Mermaid. It is cool to see all the show effects, it is like you are underwater very very cool! I feel the Little Meremaid is maybe a bit outdated? Maybe a MOnsters Inc show to co-inside with the ride opening?

"This guy!"

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234