Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Haunted Mansion Lover

Question Bringing Food Into Disneyland

This may have been answered before so forgive my ignorance.

Can you bring in snacks to Disneyland? The website says no outside food is allowed into Disneyland but I know that people do it anyway. Any advice?
    Foolish Mortal

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Re: Bringing Food Into Disneyland

Be sensible about it. Be discreet. Don't bring in buckets of KFC, or large bags of McDonalds, etc. A few sandwiches or small snacks, etc...they will most likely look the other way. Just don't come in with a large brass band with I've got food written on the big drum, and you'll likely be alright.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• DLR Enthusiast

I went with an ex a few years back; she was hypoglycemic, so we had to keep snacks on us at all times. None of the CM's made any mention of our bag of treats when we went through bag check. Multiple CM's even observed us eating snack/protein bars.

If I had to guess, I'd say Disney looks the other way with light snack food. I think they just don't want you bringing in coolers of food like mentioned above IMHO.
    -Brian - Find me on Facebook

• Olé! Olé! It's Showtime!

Snacks and the like are just fine. If you have more than that, Disneyland provides a picnic area to the west of the entrance, near the Mickey and Friends tram stop. They even provide oversized lockers there, so you can stash a small cooler and come back later to have your lunch outside the park.
    MiceChat from Main Street.
    MiceChat goes mobile with the Mouseaddict app for iPhone and iPad! Keep up to date with the latest blogs and columns, chat live with MiceChatters inside and outside of the parks, plan your next move with Addictometer wait times and crowd level mapping, see showtimes and set reminders for dining, shows and FastPass, and find anything in the resort — from attractions to sidewalk carts.

Learn more and download free at mouseaddict.com.

• 2 shots on the rocks.

It is breaking the rules, but hey, everyone else does it.

Don't get me wrong. I do understand special dietary needs, but that is the only exception.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

A couple of years ago when I was going through security, the people in the next aisle has a cooler. It wasn't large, but it wasn't exactly a couple of drinks and snacks. It was a hard sided container and security told them a) it needed to be a soft sided container and b) it had to be able to fit into one of the lockers inside the park. Now, whether or not that is standard procedure for allowing and denying, who knows, because I have heard of many discrepancies when it comes to the check points. I've never had a problem bringing in drinks, water, etc and snacks, but haven't tried the Big Mac and Fries thing.

Quote Originally Posted by doppio View Post
    It is breaking the rules, but hey, everyone else does it.

Don't get me wrong. I do understand special dietary needs, but that is the only exception.
    That statement is kind of in the grey area. If Disney knowingly lets you bring in food (and they do) then you aren't breaking the rules. Same thing for Fastpasses, they say to return between a certain time, yet Disney does not enforce the time, so it technically isn't breaking the rules.
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

• Haunted Mansion Lover

Thanks everyone!
    Foolish Mortal

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by DLandFansAZ View Post
    That statement is kind of in the grey area. If Disney knowingly lets you bring in food (and they do) then you aren't breaking the rules. Same thing for Fastpasses, they say to return between a certain time, yet Disney does not enforce the time, so it technically isn't breaking the rules.
    But even still, one breaks the rules at their own risk since all Disney has to do is point to the official policy that is posted......a rule-breaker won't be able to trump posted rules with "but you let me do it last week" whining.

Nevertheless, I've seen whole buckets of KFC in the park (taking up Disney restaurant tables no less) so if all you're bringing in is a candy bar or some such thing I doubt if anyone will encounter problems.
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• Minion

You can bring in a cooler no larger than a 6-pack and no glass bottles for beverages. You can also bring in food as mentioned, but be reasonable about it. They won't have a problem with sandwiches, but don't bring in a loaf of bread and a jar of peanut butter and jelly, you know?

That said, I did see this in the park the other day:

Name:  303888_10150354357045631_634030630_10452152_1527790_n.jpg
Views: 4791
Size:  93.9 KB

Yep--big bag of fried chicken.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by ShelbyH View Post
    You can bring in a cooler no larger than a 6-pack and no glass bottles for beverages. You can also bring in food as mentioned, but be reasonable about it. They won't have a problem with sandwiches, but don't bring in a loaf of bread and a jar of peanut butter and jelly, you know?

And being that it was from Stater Bros (a So Cal supermarket chain) indicates that they were locals...

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    And being that it was from Stater Bros (a So Cal supermarket chain) indicates that they -most likely- were locals...
    ftfy
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by ShelbyH View Post

I love that you took a photo of it.
    It's been said that a bucket of chicken has never been seen in the park.
    Now we know why. It comes in bag of a bag format.

According to Disney's Website:

Can I bring food into Disneyland Park or Disney California Adventure Park?
    If you wish to bring your own food and enjoy an outdoor meal in an ideal setting, there is a complimentary Picnic Area conveniently located outside the Main Entrance to Disneyland Park.
    With the exception of food items for Guests with specific dietary restrictions, food or beverage items are not permitted into either of the Disneyland Resort theme parks.

Source: Dining Help | Help Center | Disneyland Resort

What items are not permitted within Disneyland Park or Disney California Adventure Park? --- (I edited the list)

Items not permitted include, but are not limited to, the following:

• Strollers larger than 36" x 52"
    • Suitcases, backpacks or similar bags with wheels
    • Suitcases, backpacks or similar bags larger than 18" wide x 25" high x 37" deep (the size of our large rentable lockers)
    • Any trailer-like object that is pushed or towed by an ECV, wheelchair or stroller
      • Note: Guests are not permitted to pull items behind them. Any item that requires a Guest to pull it behind him or her, including a stroller, is not permitted into the theme parks.
    • Coolers larger than 6-pack sized are not permitted into the theme parks.
      • Note: Guest can store coolers up to 18" wide x 25" high x 37" deep in rentable large lockers located outside the Disneyland Park Main Entrance. Lockers are not refrigerated and availability is limited. Guests who need to refrigerate medication may do so at First Aid.
      • Exceptions may be made for special dietary or religious needs.
    • Alcoholic beverages
    • Any illegal substances
    • Folding chairs, with the exception of cane-chair and seat-walker mobility aids
    • Glass containers, with the exception of baby food containers, medicine or small perfume bottles (under 4 oz)

For the full list, visit: Theme Parks | FAQ | Disneyland Resort

Last edited by DLFreak71; 09-09-2011 at 10:24 AM.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Inappropriate

Every single time I go I stash snacks into my backpack for the day. Things like granola bars, fruit snacks, cheese n' cracker packs, etc. No one has ever batted an eye at my food items. I do it at WDW too. And I plan to continue doing it. As stated, just don't bring in full meals

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

• Keepin' it calsteady

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    And being that it was from Stater Bros (a So Cal supermarket chain) indicates that they were locals...
    Not necessarily...anyone going to the parks from anywhere would have to buy chicken from a local supermarket. After all, I doubt a family on vacation would bring a bag of chicken with them on the plane to California. Well, they might, but they would have eaten it on the plane.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

I'm not sure why people blast those that bring food in the park. I've seen checkers at the gate send someone back for food and then they go to a different CM and they let them by. Disney needs uniform rules or train the people better that check bags. I don't blame anyone for trying to bring in food.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast