Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

California or Florida for First Time?

Have two little ones (ages 10 and 6) who have yet to experience Disney magic. Want to make a trip soon and are pondering East (WDW) vs West (DL) for their first trip. What do you all think? TIA

• Minion FOREVER!

Re: California or Florida for First Time?

No question. DL.

Also part of FL in MK is torn up right now for the FL expansion.

• Nutty about Disney parks

While I am a bigger fan of WDW, I'd have to agree that DL would be better for your family due to all the construction going on at Magic Kingdom. Plus DL has tons more rides for kids to do in Fantasyland than MK. Having the Little Mermaid dark ride now open at DCA is also an added bonus.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

My rule of thumb is:

Vacation time less than 6 days........ Anaheim.

Vacation time greater than 6 days..... Orlando.
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• Minion

Well, to be honest Micechat is going to be very biased towards Disneyland. However I also think you should go to Disneyland

• Banned User

DISNEYLAND

Although I agree with the rule of thumb two post above mine.

• Minion

Are you planning to see more than just the Disney parks? California has a great deal to offer: beaches, rugged coast, big mountains, vast deserts, major cities, small towns, farmlands and country life, national parks, state parks, amusement parks, animal parks, historic sites, and on and on. Florida is more limited in its scope.

Bob you forgot major traffic for no reason lol

Id say WDW, theres so much to do and see there compared to DL, and right now you wont run into any 105 degree days like you will in CA lol. Sorry but that was brutal lol

Disneyland!!!

If people here are biased, it's only because most of us are hardcore Disney fans. And because of that, we all know and appreciate the real true magic that honestly only exists at Disneyland and nowhere else.
    Words any Disney fan and especially Disney employee should live by:

"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."
    -Walt Disney

"Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world."
    -Walt Disney

"I do not like to repeat successes, I like to go on to other things."
    -Walt Disney

"We did it, Disneyland, in the knowledge that most of the people I talked to thought it would be a financial disaster - closed and forgotten within the first year."
    -Walt Disney

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."
    -Walt Disney

"I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse."
    -Walt Disney

• Minion

WDW requires a great deal of advanced planning, like eating for example (if you don't make your dining reservations 6 months in advance you will not be able to eat at a table-service restaurant) but also a tremendous about of research and LOTS of decisions to make sight-unseen. I love Disney and am a Disney fan and even like to do research, but I found it extremely stressful to have to make basically all of my vacation decisions 6 months in advance based on menus on the internet and recommendations from people with different families and different park goals than mine. WDW can be very overwhelming and the pressure to "do it all" is very high.

For that reason I'd say DL first as a much easier, more compact, more manageable resort. But you'll have a great time either way .

• I'm not really here

I'm going to say DL precisely because of the size. It is much less spread out which means far less walking and traveling between rides and parks. It is much less overwhelming to youngsters in that regard as well as adults.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• <3

I would say WDW. Yes, Fantasyland is under construction right now, but it's pretty nicely off to the side from the other attractions in Fantasyland that are open. Also, there are 4 parks to explore in WDW so while there will be more walking and traveling time, there will be lots more to do and experience that will appeal to every member of your family! Traveling around WDW is very easy for how big it is. You have buses that run to every hotel and theme park along with boats and the monorail. If you have a car, the roads are easy to navigate. In Downtown Disney, there are lots of cute shops and restaurants along with DisneyQuest. There is just so much to do in WDW, I think you will get the most for your time and money there!

I agree Disneyland even if florida did not have all of the construction. i appreciated disney world alot more since i knew disneyland like the back of my hand. They get to experience where all the disney magic started from and that is why i say Disneyland first. Plus for there first time it will be more to take in all at once WDW is huge.

• Banned User

CALIFORNIA! DUH!

• Down Pluto!

Go to the source - Walt's home away from home.

Florida is just a sprawling mess. More of an afterthought.

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast