• "I Break Things"

quick character question

I know... Tech posting, and asking a question at that... hi everyone

I read recently that Disneyland had scaled back the characters. I wanted to verify if that is in fact the case. Tink and I are planning a special trip soon and we want to know if we should make an autograph book for the 3.5 year old. If anyone's seen Captain he'd probably be the one to ask. Thanks all

-- Techskip
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Senior Minion

Re: quick character question

I'm clueless on the answer, just popping in to say it's great to see you back!
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• ---------------

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    I'm clueless on the answer, just popping in to say it's great to see you back!
    +1 (answer and seeing you back)
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Don't lets be silly! șoș

They've moved them around, and some have replaced others. Though they haven't scaled back. Buzz is over in DCA now, and the Stormtroopers have walk around sets in Tomorrowland to make up for the missing green army men from DCA.

When I was there a couple weeks ago it seemed like all was well with character meet and greet! I saw quite a few characters, even R2-D2!!! Although he couldn't sign any autograph books! I would absolutely bring a book for your 3 1/2 year old!
    Well Gawrsh!

• "I Break Things"

A couple years ago (when we had AP's) we made autograph books for the 3 older kids. They filled them up, and now enjoy flipping through the pages to see everything. At the time our little girl wasn't old enough to participate so we never thought to make her one. The last time we went to the park was 1.5 years ago. Even then she didn't show any interest in the characters so we didn't make a book. "Back then" Disney was in full character swing. I know she'd enjoy a book, I just wasn't sure if the characters had been scaled back as much as the article sounded.

Either way I'll have a memory card and plenty of batteries to capture the look of shock on the kids faces as we once again enjoy the park (only for the day).

(P.S. I've been lurking on here a lot but due to personal transportation issues I haven't had much to post. Tink and I didn't have the "camping summer" we'd planned. But there are trips on the horizon and I will post accordingly)
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Warm Hugging Anna

From when I have been going just the last 2 months it seem like the characters hasn't back out infact there has been some rare characters out the last few months like Rifiki,Honest John. My friend just got a photo of Prince Charming by the castle I think it was last wends. when he got him. THey have had the Star Wars characters out but they do not do autographs I thing the reason they don't is Geroge Luiegs [ms] may not want them to do any signing send they are his characters. There was rumores that Rabbit was out for the summer but I never saw him. Also send Tinkerbell is in the new parade they cut the hours for Pixie Hollow. It now closes at 3:15 so if you guys want to do Pixie Hollow do it in the moring when u can.

• Bring back the Keelboats!

Gosh, Tech, I'm stunned.... I thought you knew everything about Disneyland!

P.S. I've missed seeing your posts, too!

Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

Capt. Hook: When did you see Honest John and WHERE? I miss the threads on characters at disneyland. I also heard that Yellow Rabbit (whom I got once last year around October) has been out at the Critter Country meet and greet. The one character that I soooo badly want is PIGLET. Hopefully someday soon.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Hook View Post
    THey have had the Star Wars characters out but they do not do autographs I thing the reason they don't is Geroge Luiegs [ms] may not want them to do any signing send they are his characters.
    That, and maybe because it would be a little hard for a remote control R2D2 to hold and manipulate a pen.
    "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

• Minion

Labor Day weekend, there were a large number of characters out. And in different spots. The Fab 5 were on the BTM trail, Peter Pan was running around in Fantasyland, princesses by the castle, all the normal meet and greet spots in town square had a character, etc...
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by guessguy84 View Post
    Capt. Hook: When did you see Honest John and WHERE? I miss the threads on characters at disneyland. I also heard that Yellow Rabbit (whom I got once last year around October) has been out at the Critter Country meet and greet. The one character that I soooo badly want is PIGLET. Hopefully someday soon.
    I saw Honest John in Town Square the evening of either August 23 or 24th.

I do have a question for Capn Hook though - when can we look forward to your first HalloweenTime character report? I NEED to know what villains have been seen this year before our trip! Thanks!

• Daughter of a DL worker

I've seen Honest John before, You will see a lot of characters, don't worry. They are all in Town Square. Commonly: Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, and Pluto. Daisy would be rare. In town square a lot, I see the white rabbit with the queen of hearts. Also Geppetto and Pinnocchio. In the same area, Chip and/or Dale. Princesses would be around by the castle. By the wishing well, and on the other side of the castle is Cinderella or Fairy Godmother in that little walkway. I've seen the Wicked Queen before in that area, only once. Ariel and Sleeping Beauty are by the Plaza Garden Stage or right behind the castle by the Sleeping Beauty statue. I've never seen Belle. Aladdin tapped my mom on the shoulder inside the Mr. Lincoln, but around the Disneyland history area. It was raining, so he stayed there for a while. If you wanna get a picture of your kid's happy face, let her see Fantasmic, lots of characters. The fireworks would entertain her. The dragon and the mark twain with the characters, the peter pan scene is pretty cool also. Winnie the Pooh, Tigger, and possibly Eeyore in Critter Country, she would get a kick out of that. Woody and Jesse, in frontierland by the ranch. Go to toontown, perfect place for little kids. Meet characters and go in play areas. Pixie Hollow always has 2 fairies on duty at a certain time. Let her watch the parade and the fireworks.

I hope this will get your little one all hyped up. I love kids, and Disneyland is the happiest place for them and anyone else! I hoped this could help you a bit. PM me what you did after you go.

Who is this yellow bear? Where's Henry?
    My name is in 3rd edition HM book! I'm Mari who sent in #7 for "Honorable Mentions"

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

It's probably better to be prepared, than to be disappointed without a book. I learned early on never to promise a little one anything when it comes to a trip to either Disneyland or Disney World. I have many times heard a crying child who was disappointed because mom, and/or dad promised them something that didn't quite happen the way that they expected.

Have a wonderful trip.