Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Hooterville, USA

ToonTown or Ghost town.

As I was taking the Grand Circle Tour yesterday, I happened to glance at ToonTown while we were stopped. Yeesh! What happened? The place looked hot courtesy of no shade, and people-less courtesy of no reason to go there.

Is it's time up and are they thinking of actually improving it? Or is it just going to die a slow painful death?

C'mon! If you're going to make us walk to the back of the park, give us a reason to do so.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Re: ToonTown or Ghost town.

I agree. We only go back there occasionally and thats only if my kids insist on riding Gaget. Other than that, we don't eat there or shop there. I do like to see Mickey and Minnie's houses decorated for Christmas though. The mention of "Ghost Town" kind of gave me a good idea though! Why not Halloween up Toon Town??? Make the houses kid friendly haunted houses??
    Well Gawrsh!

• Haunted Mansion Lover

I think one of the biggest reasons for not going to Toon Town is the lack of things to do for anyone over the age of 5. At one time in it's glory Toon Town was a bustling metropolis but it has turned into a lack luster mirage of it's former self. No quality food choices, missing or run down attractions and lack of entertainment are some of the reasons to avoid Toon Town but I always have to ride RRCTS and GGC just once per trip!

---------- Post added 09-12-2011 at 11:00 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGoof View Post
    The mention of "Ghost Town" kind of gave me a good idea though! Why not Halloween up Toon Town??? Make the houses kid friendly haunted houses??
    That is a FABULOUS idea!!!!
    Foolish Mortal

• Hooterville, USA

Quote Originally Posted by doombuggy driver View Post
    I think one of the biggest reasons for not going to Toon Town is the lack of things to do for anyone over the age of 5. At one time in it's glory Toon Town was a bustling metropolis but it has turned into a lack luster mirage of it's former self. No quality food choices, missing or run down attractions and lack of entertainment are some of the reasons to avoid Toon Town but I always have to ride RRCTS and GGC just once per trip!

---------- Post added 09-12-2011 at 11:00 AM ----------

That is a FABULOUS idea!!!!

It really is!

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

It's normaly packed. Heat makes that place a ghost town without the tumbleweeds.

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

The AP crowd doesn't dig the toons.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGoof View Post
    I agree. We only go back there occasionally and thats only if my kids insist on riding Gaget. Other than that, we don't eat there or shop there. I do like to see Mickey and Minnie's houses decorated for Christmas though. The mention of "Ghost Town" kind of gave me a good idea though! Why not Halloween up Toon Town??? Make the houses kid friendly haunted houses??
    You can eat there? Hot dogs and cheap pizza don't count. The Ghost Town an interesting idea but isn't DL Halloweened-up enough already.
    Writing about all things Disney, a couple of paragraphs at a time

http://disneylandtraveler.blogspot.com/

75,000+ page views and counting.

• Christmastime for Rocker

Blog Entries

I have to agree to disagree Druggas. I admit that while ToonTown is not my favorite area, the last time I went there over the summer it was kind of a madhouse. Mickey's House can get up to one hour, RRCTS can get to 75 minutes, and GGC can get up to 40 minutes. And Minnie's House can have long waits depending on whether she is there or not, so it depends on what time of the year.

• Banned User

If you imagine Fantasyland only had Peter Pan and Casey Jr., you basically end up with Toontown. While the concept may be sound, it is a rather incomplete land. No E-ticket. No notable dining.

If they added some yet to be invented E-ticket and maybe threw Mickey's Philharmagic in there, then it might realize its potential.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by WED View Post
    If you imagine Fantasyland only had Peter Pan and Casey Jr., you basically end up with Toontown. While the concept may be sound, it is a rather incomplete land. No E-ticket. No notable dining.

If they added some yet to be invented E-ticket and maybe threw Mickey's Philharmagic in there, then it might realize its potential.
    I've always considered Toontown as a part of Fantasyland. Just as I see Critter Country/Bear Country and New Orleans Square as logical extensions of Frontierland.
    Last edited by Telpeurion; 09-12-2011 at 11:29 AM.

• Keepin' it calsteady

The last time I was in Toontown was on a quiet Monday in January and there were plenty of kids running around and there was a 30-minute wait for Roger Rabbit and about 20 minutes for Gadget's. I'm always up for new things to do at Disneyland, but I'd put Toon Town low on the list. It does a good job of giving young kids a defined place to play where their parents can relax without worrying about them getting lost.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Druggas View Post
    As I was taking the Grand Circle Tour yesterday, I happened to glance at ToonTown while we were stopped. Yeesh! What happened? The place looked hot courtesy of no shade, and people-less courtesy of no reason to go there.

Is it's time up and are they thinking of actually improving it? Or is it just going to die a slow painful death?

C'mon! If you're going to make us walk to the back of the park, give us a reason to do so.
    I agree. i never have a reason to go that far to the back of the park, i hate SW to begin with anyway and the only time i actually see TT is when i am on the train. I think that TT is slowly loosing customers. Yes and the heat and no tree's that is a problem!

toon town needs a facelift!!!!!

• Banned User

I still love toontown, and the roger rabbit ride

• Minion

Shade! We never go back there and my son is the perfect age for it. It always feels 20 degrees hotter than it does in the rest of the park.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast