Wink Planning our trip to DL ... afther 15 years of our last time.

We are planning to go to DL next year after the opening of carsland.

Is not all set, but we are really hoping to go we are exited about the trip the thing is that the last time we went to DL was in 1996 we had many other trips to WDW but from the last time at DL I was a little girl, so I don't remember things so well.

I didn't had the age to ride things like Indy or the matterhorn neither so is going to be like a hole new experience.
    And I can't wait to see DCA, sadly we never saw the original .

One thing that it would be of great help to plan our trip is the crowds and weather of DL and how it compares to WDW.

You see I have a heart condition so for our trips to florida we have to make them before heat comes, one time we went in march and it was spring but the heat and the plant's pollen was too mush for me and I got sick.

I live in Honduras central america, the heat can go to 35c+ but in that time at florida I felt really bad, I was miserable there we don't have spring seasons like that were I live .. I guess the humidity is worse there.

So I what to know when the weather is not hot in california, for what I heard it not that bad like in florida.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Re: Planning our trip to DL ... afther 15 years of our last time.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire-Light View Post
    We are planning to go to DL next year after the opening of carsland.

You see I have a heart condition so for our trips to florida we have to make them before heat comes, one time we went in march and it was spring but the heat and the plant's pollen was too mush for me and I got sick.

I live in Honduras central america, the heat can go to 35c+ but in that time at florida I felt really bad, I was miserable there we don't have spring seasons like that were I live .. I guess the humidity is worse there.

So I what to know when the weather is not hot in california, for what I heard it not that bad like in florida.
    November thru February would be your best bet. Try to avoid late December (crowds).

And I can't wait to see DCA, sadly we never saw the original .
    Um, you still can...... just visit any grocery store parking lot traveling carnival while wearing a Mickey T-shirt
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• Hooterville, USA

Our weather is way cooler than Florida's.

Our Disneyland is way cooler than Florida's too!

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Druggas View Post
    Our weather is way cooler than Florida's.
    Yeah, but you don't offer free meals during Hurricane season

Our Disneyland is way cooler than Florida's too!
    Last time I looked Disneyland was replacing all their heart-friendly speed ramps with heart-challenging stairs........ fwiw

• Down Pluto!

Don't be sad about missing the "original" DCA - it's a bit like missing watching sausage being made. What is important is what ends up on your plate and how it looks/tastes.

As for Temperature/Humidity... October through May provides the optimum temperature range through the day. October and May have some temp spikes beyond the mid 30's, but they are short lived. The humidity is far, far less than Florida so the misery factor is reduced. October and December have holiday decorations which give a different feel to the park than non-holidays if a more "pure" park experience is desired.

Last time I went was last May - at the end of the month including a couple of days in June. The weather was sparkling and beautiful with only two days of the six we were there having temps exceed 33, and then only for a couple of hours at midday. The evenings were cool, requiring changing from my short pants into long pants a couple of nights.

Oddly enough having visited prior to that - in early October for nine days - it rained every single day we were there. Only one of those days did it not rain while we were in the park (early morning rain) and only one day did the sun not come out for part of the day. There were light rainstorms requiring purchase of rain ponchos during that time. This I believe was unusual. We have been many times before in October and are not surprised by a bit of early morning rain - it is quite refreshing in fact - but this is the first time that there was rain for this long. October is normally quite enjoyable weather-wise.

Weather aside... crowds in October used to be very light. Unfortunately because of the over-Halloweenization of the Park, October is now quite often as crowded if not more crowded than the Summer months. Best to avoid October unless you really, really enjoy Halloween - and crowds. The early in the year months, February through March, are not as crowded but there are weather and temperature concerns. By this I mean you never know more than a few days in advance what to expect. It can be mild and beautiful or cold, wet, and windy. There is also the Spring pollen to consider...

In my opinion - if you don't mind some left-over Halloween elements - November has the best balance of weather with lowest pollen count. Crowds are usually moderate.

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post

Um, you still can...... just visit any grocery store parking lot traveling carnival while wearing a Mickey T-shirt
    Great line! Funny and sad at the same time!

Thank you everyone for the response, now we can have a better sight for making our trip.

Its good to know about a nicer weather, it really hard for me to walk on a hot climate I got tired very easy but in the cold I don't have any problems.

When is the planned opening time of carsland?

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post

LOL, great comment; for what I have seen the park looked very corny when it opened, however I have some mixed feelings I wish I could have see it even a bit in person so I could appreciate better the updated version.

I remember when the park opened and we saw a video and pictures of it, and my mom didn't say nothing jut gave me this look of " and you want to go there?" LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Sambo View Post
    Don't be sad about missing the "original" DCA - it's a bit like missing watching sausage being made. What is important is what ends up on your plate and how it looks/tastes.

As for Temperature/Humidity... October through May provides the optimum temperature range through the day. October and May have some temp spikes beyond the mid 30's, but they are short lived. The humidity is far, far less than Florida so the misery factor is reduced. October and December have holiday decorations which give a different feel to the park than non-holidays if a more "pure" park experience is desired.

Last time I went was last May - at the end of the month including a couple of days in June. The weather was sparkling and beautiful with only two days of the six we were there having temps exceed 33, and then only for a couple of hours at midday. The evenings were cool, requiring changing from my short pants into long pants a couple of nights.

Oddly enough having visited prior to that - in early October for nine days - it rained every single day we were there. Only one of those days did it not rain while we were in the park (early morning rain) and only one day did the sun not come out for part of the day. There were light rainstorms requiring purchase of rain ponchos during that time. This I believe was unusual. We have been many times before in October and are not surprised by a bit of early morning rain - it is quite refreshing in fact - but this is the first time that there was rain for this long. October is normally quite enjoyable weather-wise.

Weather aside... crowds in October used to be very light. Unfortunately because of the over-Halloweenization of the Park, October is now quite often as crowded if not more crowded than the Summer months. Best to avoid October unless you really, really enjoy Halloween - and crowds. The early in the year months, February through March, are not as crowded but there are weather and temperature concerns. By this I mean you never know more than a few days in advance what to expect. It can be mild and beautiful or cold, wet, and windy. There is also the Spring pollen to consider...

In my opinion - if you don't mind some left-over Halloween elements - November has the best balance of weather with lowest pollen count. Crowds are usually moderate.
    Thanks for the info on the crowds, does DL suffers from cheerleader events and the avalanche of rude people wit strollers like WDW does? we encounter them at WDW and the crowds were like a nightmare

I.m so exited wit this trip, it was so long ago from our last time, so long that my mom was saying "why go to DL when WDW is mush bigger and better and there's 4 parks?" :/

Now wit the new things on DL and DCA , the fact that we got bored at DHS and got into the cheerleaders huge crowds now she is exited to go , we are planning on staying like 4 night in a Disney hotel.

Bump for new questions

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

For weather, the months that everyone has suggested is optimum. But definitely consider exactly when you decide to come. Do you want to experience Halloween decorations? Holiday decorations? This is when the parks are the busiest so if you DO decide to come I'd recommend days where kids would definitely still be in school and parents still at work.

This year, the special Halloween fireworks is only reserved for those who pay for the Mickey's Halloween Party. Last year it was open for all guests and it was a total "nightmare".

Looking at when Deluxe and under Passholders have black out days may also help. I like going when deluxe passholders are blocked out.

Cars Land is looking at a Summer 2012 opening from what I hear so if you wait until the fall, the crowds shouldn't be as INSANE as they would be in the summer. Star Tours opened in June but is quite manageable now.

Strollers and scooters will always be a tricky thing no matter which resort you're at. Disneyland is smaller so just make sure you plan wisely. It's usually craziest after the fireworks so if you watch it, I'd pick a spot and just wait it out.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Daughter of a DL worker

The weather is cooler, so don't worry. The best time to go, (according to the book "Little Known Facts About Well-Known Places: Disneyland") Go after Thanksgiving, leading up to Christmas. Everyone is going away to see family, some people are coming back. Not very crowded. I know the book is for DL, but it can be the same for DCA. I'm not going to like the new DCA when it's done. At least you're going when everything is open like Crsland, Little Mermaid, elecTRONica, all the new stuff. Just take lots of pictures, cuz later in life, they would be worth a lot, seeing DCA when it's new. When you go in the next 15 years, everything will be rusted and dirty. You will be glad you saw everything so clean. IDK y i said that, but i was bored

Who is this yellow bear? Where's Henry?
    My name is in 3rd edition HM book! I'm Mari who sent in #7 for "Honorable Mentions"

Thanks for the help, we have a better idea now for making our trip.

Now that I'm adult we have more options to ride and hopefully my mom can see that DL is great so we can return faster and not wait other 15 years again LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Cars Land is looking at a Summer 2012 opening from what I hear so if you wait until the fall, the crowds shouldn't be as INSANE as they would be in the summer. Star Tours opened in June but is quite manageable now.
    Oh, so until summer, so it was pushed? hmm I thought it was supposed to be in spring when does the summer crowds ends?

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post

This year, the special Halloween fireworks is only reserved for those who pay for the Mickey's Halloween Party. Last year it was open for all guests and it was a total "nightmare".

Are you sure you're not skipping a year there?

• Daughter of a DL worker

The summer crowds end in september, because of kids going to school. Don't go on labor day though, that's a zoo. Go in late september if u want, or right before the halloween season, so you can see the original. I'm going today, but i don't think DCA decorates for halloween (except world of color probably) You should go at halloween time or christmas (if u haven't gone before 96). Go on a saturday, because pretty much, all of the passes (except annual) are blacked out on saturdays. Same with the whole month of july, but it's still crowded. I'm going today, the day after halloween started there, and i'll see if it's a huge crowd (i think it will be)

Who is this yellow bear? Where's Henry?
    My name is in 3rd edition HM book! I'm Mari who sent in #7 for "Honorable Mentions"

• Down Pluto!

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire-Light View Post
    Thanks for the info on the crowds, does DL suffers from cheerleader events and the avalanche of rude people wit strollers like WDW does? we encounter them at WDW and the crowds were like a nightmare
    Not sure what you call a "cheerleader event", but there are a good number of strollers in Disneyland. While most guests with strollers are considerate, a small number are not. They buy Hummer-size strollers and pilot them like urban assault vehicles - should you get in their way, you become collateral damage. These people are a very small minority - I wouldn't worry about them. The bigger problem with strollers is when they are unattended. People tend to park strollers at ride entrances which blocks access and walkways, rather than parking them off to the sides and more out of the way. There can be at times a virtual island of strollers - much like the floating island of plastic the size of Texas out in the Pacific Ocean.

Quote Originally Posted by MousEars View Post
    The weather is cooler, so don't worry. The best time to go, (according to the book "Little Known Facts About Well-Known Places: Disneyland") Go after Thanksgiving, leading up to Christmas.
    This is a good time, as is the week before Thanksgiving. (Mid-November)

Quote Originally Posted by MousEars View Post
    The summer crowds end in september, because of kids going to school. Don't go on labor day though, that's a zoo. Go in late september if u want, or right before the halloween season, so you can see the original.
    I'm not so sure this is correct anymore. Halloween season begins right about now (mid-September) and the crowds stays heavy until after Halloween. Unless there is a drop between Labor Day and now - I don't think the "Summer" season crowd wise actually ends until after Halloween. There may be a small window there, but I'm not so sure anymore. Can some regulars confirm or deny?

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

• Mischievous Mouse

we are planning on going next year also, right after school starts but before the halloween overlays. been since feb 2010 since seen the original park. also waiting for cars land. we figure sept 2012 will be the first non busy (less expensive) off season time to go after cl opens up.

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney