First Disneyland Trip for 2 Girls @ Mickey's Halloween Party - Advice?

Hey all! *wave* Long time lurker, first time poster.

I've grown up in Southern California and have been a Disney go-er all my life. I've convinced my co-worker to take her two girls (4 and 12) to Disneyland for the Halloween Party on Sept 30th with me since it is a good way for them to experience Disneyland (their first time!) in a fun environment with (hopefully) small crowds, more characters, candy and costumes - and for a cheaper price than a full day.

What are some fun, less-well-known ideas for the girls' first time in the Park? Both free and otherwise. I have a few ideas myself, but I thought it might be a good idea to ask some other DLers, especially since I've never gone with kids before.

For those of you who have attended the party at Disneyland (I only went to the one in DCA), what is a good plan of attack? We are getting there at 4, and my plan was to go ahead and do Fantasyland first (where the lines are always the longest) and then venture off.

Thanks for your advice!

Re: First Disneyland Trip for 2 Girls @ Mickey's Halloween Party - Advice?

You can get them first time visit pins from the City Hall. Im not exactly at the parks regularly so hopefully someone else will have more/better ideas.

Re: First Disneyland Trip for 2 Girls @ Mickey's Halloween Party - Advice?

The park really clears out by 7:30 so you might want to go on the long line stuff then. Not sure what rides are good for 4 year olds. Pirates would be, but its closed. Train ride is always fun. Don't attempt the train from 6-7, its packed. By 7:30 its empty.