Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• Banned User

Lightbulb Case AGAINST new E ticket for Disneyland

Ok hear me out on this, does Disneyland park REALLY need another E ticket attraction any time soon? true it has not seen one since Indy, but the park already has more E tickets than any other Disney park, adding yet another one to its already huge list of E tix seems kind of wasteful, especially when you can put that money towards another E ticket for DCA which needs all the E tickets it can get.

Another point to consider, Disneyland is the primary park of the resort, alot of guests go to JUST Disneyland but that is not the case with DCA. If someone goes to DCA its probably because they have a park hopper. So wouldnt it make more sense to add another E ticket to DCA, which would ensure BOTH parks get the attendence bump? as opposed to putting the E ticket in Disneyland where people can skip over DCA easier?

Im not saying DL should never get another E ticket, I just dont think it needs one any time soon.

• Minion

Re: Case AGAINST new E ticket for Disneyland

Quote Originally Posted by BuenaVista28 View Post
    Another point to consider, Disneyland is the primary park of the resort, alot of guests go to JUST Disneyland but that is not the case with DCA.
    Key phrase right here. This is why Disneyland needs another E-Ticket. It's been wildly discussed on here how overcrowding at Disneyland is a huge problem. More E-tickets mean more people go on the attraction, meaning more people are off the pathways of the park.

DCA is getting it's fair share of big attractions during the remodel. It's Disneyland's turn after 2012. Trust me, there are plenty of new, big attractions in the pipeline for both parks.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

They already are adding a E-Ticket to DCA, along with a massive scale revamp and 'beautification'.

Adding another quality attraction/genuine E-ticket to Disneyland proper is never wasteful...would please more people, make more attractions for them to ride and get those people off the walkways of the park in addition to current capacity, and improve guest experience if they really step it up a notch plus be a place for Imagineers to really come up with new ideas.

It might not urgently need one to keep people coming, but it absolutely deserves one. Just because it has great rides is no reason not make a new, even better one. DL has gotten rather short shrift in the 'awesome new rides' category, not counting the Star Tours upgrade which is very good indeed.

• I'm from Canada eh!

If they can incorporate another e ticket without affecting anything major then I'm good with it. Besides, it's not like all the current attractions are gems, why not try to make some better use of the space.

I say out an Eticket ride in toon town because thats the area that needs the most work in Disneyland IMO. but i dont even know if there is room in Disneyland for an Eticket attration where would they put it?
    Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep
    moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and
    curiosity keeps leading us down new paths. - Walt Disney

• Insomniac

DCA will need a break period after Carsland and BVS. I will be very upset if the only construction we get at the Resort after Carsland and BVS is in DCA. Disneyland should remain the main selling point of the resort and therefore needs to continue to be better than its counter part. If Disneyland continues to only have rides that have been there for 50 years than the guest count will slowly decline. If Disneyland does not get new attractions (and meet and greets do not count) than it will slowly lose appeal to people. E-tickets are not always necessary but in Disneylands case it is about time it gets a new one.

^^ There are plenty of places that could house e-ticket attractions. Tomorrowland has huge unused spaces (innoventions), after FF opens the PFF will be a location that could house a new e-ticket, Circle D ranch (behind the Big Thunder Ranch and Barbecue area) is a location that has been looked at by John Lasseter as a location for expansion, and multiple other locations that could give way to a new e-ticket(s).
    Last edited by Bronco21; 09-15-2011 at 07:58 PM.
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Quote Originally Posted by nathanchu View Post
    I say out an Eticket ride in toon town because thats the area that needs the most work in Disneyland IMO. but i dont even know if there is room in Disneyland for an Eticket attration where would they put it?
    There are some potential expansion pads they've looked at, reportedly: Big Thunder Ranch/Festival Arena area, Innoventions and beyond in Tomorrowland.

I kinda see your point. DCA is getting a new E-ticket when RSR opens, but there really isn't any reason to stay in DCA for more than a few hours. I think a new Frontierland attraction would be nice, or even something in Critter Country would be exciting...but that side of the park is fantastic as it is. The east side is where Disneyland falls short. Particularly Tomorrowland and all areas north (unused motorboat pond). I'd rather see money thrown that direction, with the same enthusiasm we've seen for BVS and Cars Land. I wouldn't ask for another E-ticket there either, we just need some strong theming and kinetic energy to liven up all the dead space.
    Oh...I'm afraid the deflector shield...will be quite operational...when your friends arrive.

• Senior Minion

I'm remembering going to Disneyland between 1959 and 1969, and getting new E tickets every couple years or so -- attractions so innovative, creative and amazing for their time that they blew people's minds and made magazine covers.

To me, it's testament to the dearth of creative brilliance that used to define Disneyland that this idea is even being floated. No space? Please. Take a bulldozer to dumps like Tomorrowland '98 and creative misfires like Winnie the Pooh and the Finding Nemo Underwater Video Sequel.

Now more than ever, Disneyland needs E-tickets. Not the kind of watered down kiddie marketing crap like Finding Nemo that Tony Baxter proudly called "a major E Ticket," but today's version of the innovative, astonishing E Tickets that broke technological and creative ground in their day, and got written about in major magazines.
    Last edited by Mr Wiggins; 09-15-2011 at 08:20 PM.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    I'm remembering going to Disneyland between 1959 and 1969, and getting new E tickets every couple years or more -- attractions so new, innovative and creative for their time that they blew people's minds and made magazine covers.

To me, it's testament to the dearth of creative brilliance that used to define Disneyland that this idea is even being floated. No space? Please. Take a bulldozer to dumps like Tomorrowland '98 and creative misfires like Winnie the Pooh and the Finding Nemo Underwater Video Sequel.

Now more than ever, Disneyland needs E-tickets. Not the kind of watered down kiddie marketing crap like Finding Nemo (that Tony Baxter proudly called "a major E Ticket"), but today's version of the kind of innovative, astonishing E Tickets that broke technological and creative ground in their day, and got written about in major magazines.
    Tony Baxter 'peaked' with DL Paris and Indy, since then he hasnt really done much in terms of innovation and/or just mind blowing attractions. Like you said, Nemo was kinda 'meh'. Ironically, the most innovative and Indy-calibur attraction (recently) is Radiator Springs Racers which Tony is not working on, perhaps thats why its looking so good

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Agreed that Tony dropped the ball on Nemo, but he still has passion for Disneyland and preserving what he can and getting projects going at the very least. However, rather premature to call RSR "Indy-caliber" or that innovative when not one person has ridden it in final state, and it's not even fully built yet. I'd like for it to be that and hope it can meet those standards, but saying it definitely is so now based on art, descriptions and the rest is putting the cart before the horse.

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Have we looked at TL lately. Disneyland (especially TL) needs some major love
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by RegionsBeyond View Post
    Agreed that Tony dropped the ball on Nemo, but he still has passion for Disneyland and preserving what he can and getting projects going at the very least. However, rather premature to call RSR "Indy-caliber" or that innovative when not one person has ridden it in final state, and it's not even fully built yet. I'd like for it to be that and hope it can meet those standards, but saying it definitely is so now based on art, descriptions and the rest is putting the cart before the horse.
    ok, fair enough, from what we have seen with the rockwork and from what we have heard SO FAR, it appears that it will be Indy-calibur

Im not sure if its true or not, but from what I have heard, Tony refuses to have anything with DCA. He only wants to work on DL, and does not really care what happens over at DCA. If thats true, I find that really sad and wish his passion would extend to both parks.
    Last edited by BuenaVista28; 09-15-2011 at 08:29 PM.

• Senior Minion

^ I hear what you guys are saying, but IMNHO John had his hand in Nemo all the way up to his armpit. The way that attraction plays is as much his doing as anyone's. We'll see if Carsland lives up to its hype -- and humognous budget.

Over the last 20 years there've been any number of brilliant ideas advanced by WDI. The reason they haven't become reality is because the Company is too damn cheap -- and doesn't care about true innovation any more than its millions of customers do.

Disneyland went from a couple hundred acres of orange groves to a technological, creative and showmanship marvel that made kings and queens put it on their Must See list. They did it by innovating far above anything else in their time. Today's Disney is content to grow the easy, low-hanging fruit, and market it to customers who, by and large, are content to gobble it down as-is.

As a techno-geek and Disney fan who was regularly astonished by Disneyland's innovation, the most astonishing thing to me today is how people who grew up with Pirates, Haunted Mansion and Indy as the base-line norm are content to shovel cash at a company that isn't topping those classics every few years. Seriously, when it comes to the heavy R&D that results in rock-your-world innovation, Disney isn't even trying. (NexGen? Pul-leese!)
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

No........ Walt opened the Matterhorn, Monorail and Subs the same day.......

He used to open MANY attractions near the sametime because he ALWAYS wanted the park to improve and DCA is NOT Disneyland...not to Mention DCA is getting a makeover cause it sucked so bad no reason to punish Disneyland because of Greed men that made a crappy park.

Disneyland has not had a NEW D or E ticket ride in YEARS only stuff like Star Tours or Rocket Rodes (redo's) We need more E-tickets

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast