Question about ariels grotto world of color/ preffered viewing area

I'm going into the park tonight for the ariels grotto world of color dining package. Do you guys know how packed the preferred viewing section usually is? Our reservations are at 6:20 and then we will go right over to the viewing section to save our spots.. is there a lot of people usually in that area?

Re: Question about ariels grotto world of color/ preffered viewing area

It really depends on the day, but I would say that it doesn't get too cramped inside the preferred dinning viewing area. Just to let you know, the CMs won't let you go down to the preferred dinning area until 8:30.

Hit and miss. First time i did it a few months ago, felt like there were only 30 of us in the whole area...just last week on a "off season" night, felt like we were packed in like the general admission areas.

Second show of a two show night seems to be lighter, first shows and single show night plan to get to the preferred section earlier to sake you claim on a good viewing spot.

• Daughter of a DL worker

I went there before to see WoC, but it was the worst view ever! You could not see anything, just the pretty lights in the water. The video projections, you won't know who it is until the audio gives it away. You can't see the little sphere screens, only the sides. The rollercoaster thing is ok to see, they always have something for the loop. A lot of people sit there if they did not get a fastpass. I was on the very end of it, closest to the rollercoaster. My advice: sit closest to where you can actually see the projections if you can. The very end closest to grizzly rapids direction.

Who is this yellow bear? Where's Henry?
    My name is in 3rd edition HM book! I'm Mari who sent in #7 for "Honorable Mentions"

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by MousEars View Post
    I went there before to see WoC, but it was the worst view ever! You could not see anything, just the pretty lights in the water. The video projections, you won't know who it is until the audio gives it away. You can't see the little sphere screens, only the sides. The rollercoaster thing is ok to see, they always have something for the loop. A lot of people sit there if they did not get a fastpass. I was on the very end of it, closest to the rollercoaster. My advice: sit closest to where you can actually see the projections if you can. The very end closest to grizzly rapids direction.
    The viewing area for the Ariel's Grotto dinner is not in Ariel's Grotto. You eat at the restaurant and when you are finished you have a reserved section in the exact center of the Paradise Park viewing area.

If you ever have the chance, do the Ariel's Grotto dinner deal. It gives you the best possible place to see World of Color.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by MousEars View Post
    The poster is not talking about sitting at Ariel's Grotto, but rather sitting in the preferred viewing area that one gets a special ticket for if one dines at Ariel's Grotto. These seats are the best in the house. They are at the dead center of all the viewing areas in front of all the action.

My wife and I have watched the show from there twice (we dined at Wine Country though). If you arrive as soon as they start admitting people to the viewing areas, you should have your pick of vantage points from which to watch the show.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."