• Toad Hall

Talking Hollywood rework! Image and details of rides! 2 new rides!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Blue= Mary and Bert's Adventure
    Red= 101 Dalmatians Dark ride

Hey guys so here is my idea for the rework and bring a nice E ticket idea and a nice d ticket dark ride!

For Mary Poppins this ride would consist of the children ride a Merry go round while Mary and Bert enjoy a stroll though the countryside, during which Bert dances at an outdoor bistro with four penguin waiters. Mary and Bert join the children on the Merry-Go-Round, from which the horses break loose and take their riders on a trip through the countryside. As they pass by a fox hunt, Bert maneuvers to save an Irish-accented fox from the bloodhounds. Finally the quartet finds themselves in a horse race, which Mary wins. It is here that Mary first employs the nonsense word "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious." The outing is interrupted by a rainstorm, which washes away the chalk drawing and returns the travellers to the end of the ride!

This ride would be very intricate workings with a lot of animatronics and figures. It would be more of a mix of Indiana Jones and Pirates mixed. While having the scenes and AA figures around you, like Pirates. And using same technology as Indiana Ride system to work a new vehicle type. Instead of the vehicle, this would actually be a horse carriage, same seating as Indiana but in a horse carriage feel. And in the front would be a fake horse maybe a little movement of the horse and seems like the horse is pulling the carriage when the ride vehicle is actually pushing the vehicle. It would also be able to go faster in some parts and slow in other. Like fast during the horse race scene and slow for the other scenes. You would be a part of their world. The carriage would also make adjustments like the IJA vehicle to give the feel of dirt roads and turning.

Heres a picture of a horse carriage from the movie to base the vehicle off of!

Funtastic Horse Carriages Fabulous - Mary Poppins by linkway88, on Flickr

Next the 101 Dalmatians dark ride would use same system as toad or snow whites cars and takes you through the adventure of helping the 101 dalmatians escape the evil of Cruella. Havent thought this one out fully yet but i am still thinking. But based after the animated film not the 1996 real life film.

Also Don't know what to do about the facade and front buildings for that area. What do you guys think and put in your ideas!
    <font size=4> </font>

• Minion

Re: Hollywood rework! Image and details of rides! 2 new rides!

I don't get how either of those attractions fit in Hollywoodland.

Mary Poppins takes place in the English countryside and 101 Dalmatians in London.

• Toad Hall

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
    I don't get how either of those attractions fit in Hollywoodland.

Mary Poppins takes place in the English countryside and 101 Dalmatians in London.
    i dont get how monsters inc fits either. but i guess thats the mystery

But they were both huge "hollywood" movies so im saying it could work.
    <font size=4> </font>

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by WildForMrToad View Post

Just because Monsters doesn't fit the theme doesn't mean we can start throwing other attractions in the land that don't fit the theme.

I like the ideas of a Mary Poppins and 101 Dalmatian attractions, but Hollywoodland isn't the right location.

• film975

Hello?! Hollywood Pictures Backlot is supposed to be part of a movie studio. You could put anything you want to in there.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by film975 View Post
    Hello?! Hollywood Pictures Backlot is supposed to be part of a movie studio. You could put anything you want to in there.
    Hello?! The new theme of Hollywoodland is 1940s Hollywood, not a movie studio.

• Insomniac

Just because they were movies therefore they fit theme is the same kind of awful thinking that created Monsters Inc, TTWC, and all the other random attractions that were put into Hollywood Pictures Backlot. Just because it is a movie does not make it fit theme IMO. The theme is becoming Hollywood of the 1930's-40's so none of the attractions other than ToT (debatable) actually fit theme. Not all of them are going to go away but the last thing WDI should do is to put in even more attractions that destroy the theme.

I like your ideas a lot don't get me wrong but their placement would not work. You seem like you are creative you just need to come up with ideas that fit into the 1940's Hollywood theme. The only Disney movie I could see really fitting into that theme really well would be Rocketeer but even then it takes place in the late 30's.
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

• Former CM

Except it's not Hollywood Pictures Backlot anymore. It's Hollywoodland.So there goes that argument, and personally I'm not too crazy about either one of these ideas. Also why does the E ticket have a smaller footprint than the proposed dark ride?

• We Go On.

I love those ride ideas, but Hollywood Land probably isn't the best place.

I always thought the area needed a Pirates-style attraction that takes place in a Balboa park-like setting and has tons of AAs in a swanky party. Tons of room for scene/gag ideas. In the 1940's, of course.

•   
    • Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by WildForMrToad View Post

Monster's Inc isn't in the same league as 101 and Mary.

I agree with others, could be good rides, just not for Hollywood (My feeling is Monsters should leave too).
    Disney has enough films to create a London type of land. These films could go there.

Speaking of which.
    On "Storage Wars" they had 1 of supposedly 6 static dog models that was used by Imagineers to help create the movie. I know they used the xerox machine to help recreate massive amount of dots, but I didn't know about the static dogs. Found that interesting.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz