Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Daughter of a DL worker

Which D-land Attraction Would You Bring Back?

Which attraction from previous years, would you bring back to disneyland and why? A lot of things were gone when i was born, but I wish i can bring everything back to ride all of them once.

Well, I saw Country Bear Jamboree once, and I remembered it before it was closed. (Rumors say that Big Al's animatronic body was Oogie Boogie in Haunted Mansion Holiday 2003).

The peoplemover was a big hit, but they still have the track! Maybe it will come back to Tomorrowland. (You can see an old peoplemover as the counter in the Astro Blasters Store).

Astro-Jets looked cool, a lot of those kinds of rides in D-land though. (See some astro-jets in the Astro Blasters store as shelves. The handles to make them go up and down are still inside them!)

The old submarine voyage would have been creepy with the animatronic mermaids, the huge squid too.

Midget Autopia would have been fun, you know, they didn't have a track for it. See an old Midget Autopia car as a bronze statue when you drive in Autopia.

Motor Boat Cruise would have been cool, even on a track. I wish I can see what's behind the trees when you're still on the old dock.

Adventure Through Inner Space would have been amazing, shrinking down to a snowflake and all. The huge room where the microscope is, is where you see R2-D2 and C-3PO in Star Tours. (The atomobiles that you sat in, are now the doombuggies in Haunted Mansion)

America Sings would have been so cool. Learning the History of America. Mostly all of the animals in that show, moved to Splash Mountain when it closed. Look at an America Sings video on youtube and you'll recognize lots of characters. BTW, the white birds in Splash Mountain who sing "How Do You Do?" and the robots that now check your luggage on Star Tours are the birds! They are the animatronic insides of the birds! Don't believe me? Check their webbed feet!

Mine Train Through Nature's Wonderland would have been a sight to see. Lots of animals, geysers, and mines! You can check out the old track, if you go on the Mark Twain! Some rocks are on the track and the caves are still there. The old town on Thunder Mountain is part of the old ride. The lake by Thunder Mountain with the cave and fake fish was called Beaver Valley. There was a bridge across that lake and the fish is part of the ride. The stalagmites by Big Thunder Ranch, are the only two that are left of the Balancing Rocks Canyon or something like that. Old Cascade Peak was torn down in 1998, because the trees were getting taller, so the peak looked smaller. (The cave by the old Beaver Valley, used to have a snoring bear named Rufus, you could not see him though. He moved into Splash Mountain as Brer Bear in his house snoring. A couple years later, they replaced the snoring and Rufus is gone.

There are a lot of other rides that you can think of:

Skyway
    House of the Future
    Rocket to the Moon
    Flying Saucers
    Carousel of Progress
    Sleeping Beauty Castle Walk-Through (with dioramas)
    Skull Rock
    Fort Wilderness
    Indian Village
    Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse
    The Walt Disney Story

I know it's hard, but choose one attraction that you would bring back to the happiest place on earth and tell me why

Who is this yellow bear? Where's Henry?
    My name is in 3rd edition HM book! I'm Mari who sent in #7 for "Honorable Mentions"

• Keepin' it calsteady

Re: Which D-land Attraction Would You Bring Back?

Skyway or maybe the Rocket Jets. Those are the only ones of those old attractions that would still be fun.

I'd bring back The Peoplemover, but I guess if I only got to choose one, it wouldn't be that one, because I fully believe that the Peoplemover will have returned within the next 5 years anyway.

An updated Adventures Thru Innerspace would be pretty awesome!

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Pirate Ship Restaurant and Skull Rock Patio.
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• Minion

I would like to see the CBJ come back, because I remember seeing it when I was still little before it closed in 2001

• -

I miss the Peoplemover with it's slow, gentle ride through Tomorrowland. If they figured out a way to bring it back, I hope they include the Superspeed Tunnel. I would love to experience that with modern HD projectors or even 3D.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

I'd bring back AS to replace Lincoln but use the American Adventure technology for the staging. I'd also bring back a single CBJ theatre to DCA with a Calif themed show.

ATIS was the cool place to make out w/ your date..... privately and not while standing in line surrounded by other people! The ride had not aged particularly well, but the story was at least original..........

Mission to Mars was OK...... show was original........ always hoped they'd tear out Innoventions/America Sings/COP and use that space for Mission: Space, but it's pretty clear we're NOT going to get THAT for liability reasons.

Motor Boat Cruise was ALWAYS lame...... especially so when they did the Gummi Bears layover - pathetic!

People Mover...... NOT going to happen, the tracks are coming down because they can't be grandfathered into existing building/safety codes......

Mine Train thru Nature's Wonderland would be great! It was based on Disney's True-Life Adventures (anyone here remember Nature's Half-Acre?) it was fun, I always loved it - but we've already got another train in Frontierland, so I guess the best we can hope for is Western River Expedition.........

• Bring back the Keelboats!

I know this is going to shock a lot of you, but I would bring back the Keel Boats.

No, really. Like the Jungle Cruise, when you got a good pilot, you had a great ride. It was more informal than the Mark Twain and not as noisy as the Columbia. Plus, since the boat was not on a track, you sometimes got a close-up of some of the areas!

Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

• -

Quote Originally Posted by sdjeff4sc View Post
    People Mover...... NOT going to happen, the tracks are coming down because they can't be grandfathered into existing building/safety codes......
    Not in it's present form, obviously, but if they found a way to bring it back within code it would be great.

Mine Train thru Nature's Wonderland would be great!
    The same argument you had for the Peoplemover applies here - not going to happen. They would have to bulldoze the whole Big Thunder area to do that.

I guess the best we can hope for is Western River Expedition.........
    And where would that go?
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

No they can't tear down the tracks without shutting off all of tomorrowland

• -

Quote Originally Posted by 9906 View Post
    No they can't tear down the tracks without shutting off all of tomorrowland
    They would just have to shut down a small section at a time. Granted, it would make Tomorrowland an even greater bottleneck than it is now, but that would be the only way to do that and keep the land opened.

• I'm a Lutheran

It's better to have the track go than to have it stick around empty and rotting for another ten years. I'd like to see something along the lines of the PeopleMover return but what can be done?

Theatrical Roles: Various Roles (The Laramie Project), Fred (Oklahoma!), Oberon (Shakespeare in Hollywood), Hero (A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum), Valere (The Miser), Moonface Martin (Anything Goes), Thenardier/Laborer/Army Officer/Ensemble (Les Miserables), Franz (The Sound of Music), Tobias Ragg (Sweeney Todd), Tinman (The Wiz), Elles Dad/Winthrop/Ensemble (Legally Blonde), William Barfee/Leaf's Dad/Jesus Christ (25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee), Fiddler on the Roof (Rabbi), The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Muff Potter/Ensemble), Shrek the Musical (Lord Farquaad)

42 miles from the Happiest Place on Earth

Adventure Through Inner Space. It closed when I was young, but I still have memories of riding it. The huge eye used to scare the crap out of me.

I also miss those pay phone type things in Tomorrowland where you'd dial a number and you could talk to a character.
    Disney bucket list:

Go to Club 33
    Tour the Walt Disney Studios
    Work for Disney

• Blew By You

I would bring back the Keel Boats too. The Boats are one of two attractions I have never ridden. The other will return in a different form when Carsland opens.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast