Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Big Al fan

Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy 2011 Updates?

I'm sorry if someone already talked about this on a different thread, but has anything changed this year for the ride?
    "There was.....blood on the saddle, and.....blood all around, and a great big, puddle of .....blood on the ground."

-Big Al-

Come visit my blog Disney in Review over at
    http://disneyfanreviews.blogspot.com/

• Minion

Re: Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy 2011 Updates?

i dont think any thing has chage on the isnisde but reading date line disneyland and in the parks dusty poasted a picture of the spakers on the out side of space mountion for space mountion i think thats all chage this year
    I have a problem with dyslexia, but if you will please bear with me, I would love to participate in the conversations here at MiceChat. Thanks for your understanding! - Matthttp://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo[URL=http://www.youtube.com/user/MrDisneylandfan4ever?feature=mhumfeature=mhum#p/u"]http://www.youtube.com/user/matt4mickey123?feature=mhum#p/u[/U- Mattșoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șo[disneyland repctive of the wedsday show dca eathen brithday 282 by mickeyfan4ever1234, on Flickr

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Nope....not this year from what I've heard the speakers have been there since the first year....and last year they did some new lighting in the loading station but nothing new this year.........we can only hope in a few years they can make it so that Bob does not have a light around his projection

• Minion

I rode GG yesterday and I was a bit disappointed.

From the past few years, I seemed to remember that there were a very minimal amount of stars during the attraction. This year there seemed to be more stars than normal, plus with the light given off with the projections, you could easily see the track in front of you.

Also, my favorite effect where the Ghost Galaxy's hand is moving parallel with your rocket was missing. Maybe it's just my memory, but it seemed different.

Went yesterday... got to SpaceMountain around 3 or 3:30 and the fast pass return was for 9:45, so we passed on it. The fast pass for Haunted Mansion was much better.. though the stand by line was crazy!

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandfan95 View Post

From the past few years, I seemed to remember that there were a very minimal amount of stars during the attraction. This year there seemed to be more stars than normal, plus with the light given off with the projections, you could easily see the track in front of you.

Also, my favorite effect where the Ghost Galaxy's hand is moving parallel with your rocket was missing. Maybe it's just my memory, but it seemed different.
    I was going to go this morning.......but passed because I wanted to get more sleep.....I would have went knowing they had fixed the Projection problems but I dont think Disney will for a few years.......since this is the third year to fix it and nothing

• Goofy

its probably the same. but its nice though.

I just think they should do a bit more with the voice over stuff inside the que. Would be so easy.

Last year we kept riding front row. Doesn't work for ghost galaxy. This year we will take back row.

• Daughter of a DL worker

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceMountain1974 View Post
    Went yesterday... got to SpaceMountain around 3 or 3:30 and the fast pass return was for 9:45, so we passed on it. The fast pass for Haunted Mansion was much better.. though the stand by line was crazy!
    I got a fastpass for 8:05 to 9:05 and it was around 3 yesterday. I went on ghost galaxy for my first time, it was awesome! My first time at disneyland during halloween. Yeah, you could see the track. I got some videos about the outside of space mountain at night. It changed colors and looked like the ghost, yellow/red. looked like lava.

Who is this yellow bear? Where's Henry?
    My name is in 3rd edition HM book! I'm Mari who sent in #7 for "Honorable Mentions"

• We Go On.

Quote Originally Posted by brian11811 View Post
    I just think they should do a bit more with the voice over stuff inside the que. Would be so easy.

Last year we kept riding front row. Doesn't work for ghost galaxy. This year we will take back row.
    Very true. And how easy is it to change out some red light bulbs for blue, or even black all over the queue corridors? Come to think of it, they could probably adjust the color and tone of the lights just by fooling around with a control board.

Yea, I was actually waiting for that too, because I remember that being one of my favorite parts of the overlay. Unless I'm also remembering it differently? But I don't think so...

The projections this year did seems to be a lot more brightly lit, to where you could see the outline of the projection instead of it just sort of fading into the dark. Not sure if there's a way to remedy this, maybe there will be adjustments within the first week? Because I also don't remember it being like that last year.

• The Prince

I was in DLR on Friday morning, rode Ghost Galaxy and didn't notice any changes. However I did felt that something was missing and I can't quite remember what it was but maybe it is what disneylandfan95 stated.

•   
    • Minion

i noticed that this was gone as well.

Thinking about a last minute trip next week and haven't been there for Halloween time yet. Can't seem to find info on whether GG runs during the day or only at night for Mickey's Halloween party. I know HMH runs all day for obvious reasons, but do they flip a switch for GG or does it run all day as well? Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by dizneeboy; 09-19-2011 at 09:12 AM.
    "I only hope that we never lose sight of one thing...that it was all started by a mouse" °o°
    - Uncle Walt

• Disneyland History Lover

I noticed that too. I was waiting and waiting for it because it's such a cool effect.

Another thing I noticed was that the lights on the rocket in the loading area weren't changed to their spooky green color. I know they left them on for awhile and barely changed them back to normal a few months ago, but I thought they might bring them back.
    Last edited by Princess Victoria; 09-19-2011 at 12:37 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast