• Arm-Chair Imaginner

So I have a lingering question from the D23 annoucements of park upgrades...

Hi!

I actually had to miss D23 this year thanks to some work commitments, but I understand thanks to the wonderful Al Lutz posts, that there are several "Club-33 style" experiences under consideration. I understand that there is especially one under consideration at the Cathay Theater in DCA (which I think is a great idea! It will actually elevate DCA's status I believe!), but then I read considerations of a return of Circle Vision and the Tahitian Terrace as "Club 33" style attractions.

Here's my question: is Disney seriously considering having multiple exclusive attractions that only a select few who are willing to pay an extreme amount of money will ever get to see? Are they considering making these Annual Pass holder exclusives?

I realize I'm asking this where there is no evidence or announcement either way, but I also understand that there are Disney execs who do occasionally read these forums, and I am really more interested in starting a buzz early in the planning process to see if there are others who feel as I do that if there are excellent attractions that will only be available as part of a multi-thousand-dollar membership which will have the same wait list problem as Club 33, I'm kinda on the fence as to say that I would actually consider not going back to Disneyland or renewing my annual pass because of it!

Does anyone else feel the same way or am I just to egalitarian for my own good!

• Banned User

Re: So I have a lingering question from the D23 annoucements of park upgrades...

Quote Originally Posted by devinchristiansen View Post
    I realize I'm asking this where there is no evidence or announcement either way, but I also understand that there are Disney execs who do occasionally read these forums, and I am really more interested in starting a buzz early in the planning process to see if there are others who feel as I do that if there are excellent attractions that will only be available as part of a multi-thousand-dollar membership which will have the same wait list problem as Club 33, I'm kinda on the fence as to say that I would actually consider not going back to Disneyland or renewing my annual pass because of it!

The statements were too vague to read either way. It could be taken to mean a new exclusive club is in the works or it could just as easily have meant that they are going to do some ticketed style events in Club 33 so those who don't have memberships have a chance to visit.

• Minion

Re: So I have a lingering question from the D23 annoucements of park upgrades...

Hey, why don't they just make the entire park an exclusive members-only club?

• Minion

If they do, it will bother me about as much as the existence of Club 33... which doesn't really bother me at all. I'm rather indifferent about Club 33. I know it's there and it would be nice to go some day, but I really don't care if I do. It looks nice, but really doesn't seem like anything all that special. Certainly not special enough for the membership fees. I guess if you have the money though, why not?

I would take one night in the Dream Suite over a lifetime membership to Club 33.

Quote Originally Posted by brodydanger View Post
    i would take one night in the dream suite over a lifetime membership to club 33.
    agree!

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by devinchristiansen View Post
    Hi!

I actually had to miss D23 this year thanks to some work commitments, but I understand thanks to the wonderful Al Lutz posts, that there are several "Club-33 style" experiences under consideration. I understand that there is especially one under consideration at the Cathay Theater in DCA (which I think is a great idea! It will actually elevate DCA's status I believe!), but then I read considerations of a return of Circle Vision and the Tahitian Terrace as "Club 33" style attractions.

Here's my question: is Disney seriously considering having multiple exclusive attractions that only a select few who are willing to pay an extreme amount of money will ever get to see? Are they considering making these Annual Pass holder exclusives?

You might be remembering things a little off.

George did allude to special events which help you relive Circlevision, Tahitian Terrace, etc. These would not be permanent attractions, just special ticket events.

A separate idea (not announced at D23) is to create a new level of annual pass which might have access to DCA's new private restaurant and club in the Carthay Circle. The events which George was talking about might also be perks of this new super-expensive pass.

As far as we know, this is just an idea which was being kicked around at the time of D23. Haven't heard if they've made any decisions on this yet.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,