Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Ah Schucks - Turtle Talk is currently being "Re-themed" for the Disney Animation Building. It will REPLACE the Animation Screening Room.

ModHatter - While I understand that you "feel" the Submarine Lagoon was renamed... in my training at Autopia it is in ALL LEGAL DISNEY DO***ENTS AS the Submarine Lagoon... NOT the tomorrowland lagoon. AND as we all know... Auto re-opened in 2000 and that training tools was updated again in 2002 and 2004. When we update training tools things like that are corrected.

I go back to my statement about the HISTA theater still being called the Magic Eye theater... even though... it is PUBLICLY not known as that. Things like this slip and will continue to do so.

I firmly believe that by 2007 we will see a new sub ride but not anytime before that. Space, The new Limo and expanding DCA all are taking presidence right now from what I can tell... oh and lets not forget the new Monorails...

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by innonut99
    ModHatter - While I understand that you "feel" the Submarine Lagoon was renamed... in my training at Autopia it is in ALL LEGAL DISNEY DO***ENTS AS the Submarine Lagoon... NOT the tomorrowland lagoon.
    You might want to address this to the Mice Chat Administrator, Monorail Man, who actually made the comment, since I never once said I personally "felt" the Lagoon has been renamed.
    See, George Lucas? I'm not the only one! [<-- i.e. this is not my site]
    78 Reasons To Hate Star Wars Episode 1

"There are fashions in reading, even in thinking. You don't have to follow them unless you want to."

"A lot of young people think the future is closed to them, that everything has been done. This is not so. There are still plenty of avenues to be explored."

-- Walt Disney

• șoș Tom șoș

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyfreak
    The sub that was parked outside was actually in pretty good condition considering how long it was sitting idle. If the paint were stripped and repainted and restored on the inside it would be good as new.
    I don't see how all those moldy/mildew submarines could be restored. Houses are condemned for less visable mold infestations. Further more the ventilation was always a problem on those subs. A hot during the summer and it felt far warmer down below.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

I'm talking about from a guest perspective. For example, the Circlevision room was always the Circlevision room, but after it closed, guests did not see it this way. From the guest perspective, the Tomorrowland Lagoon was always the name until this sign.
    -Monorail Man

• Minion

the subs were my fave ride as a kid, I was bummed when they closed. Even though I dis the park alot, I do miss riding around looking at the mermaids with my family. Once when I was 12 mickey and a ton of other characters were doing some promo and I was asked to come it with them those were the days.
    Evil is lurking behind the matterhorn........ wait, that's just Mickey

• Minion

As much as I liked the subs, can't Disney come up with something else. If not drain the lagoon and add a new attraction to either Tomorrowland or on the border with Fantasyland...

• Minion

Why dont they re-theme the whole thing to fit Atlantis? didnt the ride go threw what might have been the lost city? I do hope they bring back this ride in some form or another. it was a nice break on a hot summer day.

Go this way please -------->

I think all the sign was trying to do was point you in the direction of the submarine Lagoon. Some of you are acting like it was a sign from god. (That would be Walt in this instance!)
    "Your dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." - Walt Disney

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by DL_CRAZE
    I dont think that sign really means anything but they will put sumthing in that lagoon someday.
    They're putting the Finding Nemo Ride there

Quote Originally Posted by VWSpawn
    Why dont they re-theme the whole thing to fit Atlantis? didnt the ride go threw what might have been the lost city? I do hope they bring back this ride in some form or another. it was a nice break on a hot summer day.
    I'll bet that idea was hot when that movie first came out (they had some cool stuff up at the El Capitan that would've made for at least good queue material). Unfortunately -- I think that's one of the features Disney is trying to forget about and certainly they won't invest any more dollars into that...

• Toys 'R' Us Kid

Quote Originally Posted by VWSpawn
    Simple. The movie bombed. I think we are just as likely to get a ride based on "The Black Caldron" as we are to get a ride based on "Atlantis"

Edit: oops. someone beat me to it. Ah well.

Quote Originally Posted by ah schucks
    I don't see how all those moldy/mildew submarines could be restored.
    Pixie dust , little britches; with pixie dust and a whole lotta Disney Dollars DL can do anything they want.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123