Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

Sign Basically Confirms Subs as Well

Well, the years of calling it the "Tomorrowland Lagoon" are gone. Darkbeer grabed this great shot of the TL entry sign.

-Monorail Man

Now if only they would announce that they had scrapped the whole Nemo thing because they found a way to make the theme actually fit TL.

Oh well...It should be fun anyway. The 'diving' was always one of my favorite parts, and I can't imagine that they would get rid of that!

• the subs were cool maan

Or maybe the budgets have been cut by eisner so badly that they had to get a sign out from the early 90's.....a much better time for DL

• Vehicle rotating backward

Quote Originally Posted by Aurora
    Now if only they would announce that they had scrapped the whole Nemo thing because they found a way to make the theme actually fit TL.
    Don't take it personally, but I'm so tired of this comment. There was nothing futuristic about submarines moving around underwater when Submarine Voyage premiered either. I mean, the subs were painted gray to match the real war vessels. There wasn't even any kind of message about how submarines will play a role in the future, like how the Monorail and Peoplemover were experimental forms of transportation.

And yet, despite all this, it was good enough for Walt Disney.

• the subs were cool maan

thats debateable. Could you say that a Rocket Jets is outdated since there is nothing futuristic about rockets......we've had them for more then 50 years? But the real thing is that a lot of people dont have the chance to experiance a real-live submarine.....nor rockets

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMania
    Don't take it personally, but I'm so tired of this comment. There was nothing futuristic about submarines moving around underwater when Submarine Voyage premiered either. I mean, the subs were painted gray to match the real war vessels. There wasn't even any kind of message about how submarines will play a role in the future, like how the Monorail and Peoplemover were experimental forms of transportation.

And yet, despite all this, it was good enough for Walt Disney.
    It was never about the subs, it was about sea exploration and what we could see in the future. It was very futuristic.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Oh no! I better get out of this thread before a battle about the "futuristic"-ness of the Subs ensues! I've argued about it before and it can get ugly! Haha

Anyway, nice picture... Hopefully its not just a crummy old sign from the 90s like mp3piratesavvy suggested. I can't wait until the subs are back -- Nemo or not, I'll be happy.

I saw that sign yesterday and I actually did a double take at what it read. But I wasn't sure if it had just kept the name over the years even without the subs, so I forgot about it until now.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Ness
    But I wasn't sure if it had just kept the name over the years even without the subs, so I forgot about it until now.
    Since the Subs closed, it was dubbed the Tomorrowland Lagoon, not the Submarine Lagoon. So it has been renamed.
    -Monorail Man

Quote Originally Posted by Monorail Man
    Since the Subs closed, it was dubbed the Tomorrowland Lagoon, not the Submarine Lagoon. So it has been renamed.
    Thanks, I'm kinda new to this whole going to Disneyland whenever I want thing (1st year at UCI) so I'm a little behind on some stuff!

• Leave 'em wanting more!

Um, I think basing your entire theory on this sign is a p*ss-poor idea. There are parts of the parks where thoughts are given to every detail (will the Prince look too "swishy" in a cape?), and then there are parts that no one puts much thought into at all. Especially something as semantic as a rehab sign referring to an attraction lagoon.

Sadly, I think it's a stretch, and any reasonable person is 100% certain that TDA is not leaving a trail of clues about the sub's fate in plain sight like The DaVinchi Code. Of course it could be argued that all of us on these boards are far from sane and reasonable... so you know, whatever.
    ~ Tasty, yet morally ambiguous! ~

Quote Originally Posted by fearsnda
    Um, I think basing your entire theory on this sign is a p*ss-poor idea. There are parts of the parks where thoughts are given to every detail (will the Prince look too "swishy" in a cape?), and then there are parts that no one puts much thought into at all. Especially something as semantic as a rehab sign referring to an attraction lagoon.
    This thread isn't about confirming that the subs are coming back, but rather, discussing the fact that the name of the lagoon has been changed back to how it originally was.

Plus, it's not likely that the sign was put on there by mistake or inattention because Darkbeer grabbed his photograph on March 7th, and I saw it still out there last night. If it was a mistake, I'm sure someone by now would have noticed and replaced it.

• Leave 'em wanting more!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Ness
    This thread isn't about confirming that the subs are coming back, but rather, than they have changed the name of the lagoon back to how it originally was.

Plus, it's not likely that the sign was put on there by mistake or inattention because Darkbeer grabbed his photograph on March 7th, and I saw it still out there last night. If it was a mistake, I'm sure someone by now would have noticed and replaced it.
    I see your point but... um.. well... seems like a stretch.
    ~ Tasty, yet morally ambiguous! ~

The sign is a good indicator of what's to come, at least as far as recognizing that the lagoon is for the Submarines. In the past (as in, pre- sub greenlight) the same sign would have referenced the Matterhorn as point of entry...

• Sock Puppet

It was always called Submarine Lagoon. It had always had to names!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast