Mickey's Halloween Party Admission Question

Hey guys,

Figured I'd post this here since all of you seem to be pretty helpful. My family and I are going to be in California from October 19-26, and visiting the parks from the 23-25. We have tickets to Mickey's Halloween Party for the 25th but were also planning on using the last day of our park hopper in the morning/early afternoon.

I'm just curious about the admission process if you have both a full day ticket and ticket to the Halloween Party. Is it possible to have both tickets scanned and get the party wristband when we first enter the park, or will we have to leave, enter the designated line and then go back in?

Thanks guys.

• Disney is home

Re: Mickey's Halloween Party Admission Question

Only your Halloween Party ticket will get you the wrist band and I believe they let you in at 3 or 4pm, so at that point I wouldnt even use a regular ticket that day.

I don't know the Answer but I would assume there would be a place to get the wristband inside of the park?

Yeah, we were going to originally get a two day park hopper and just go to the party, but since it will only be $20 more for a 3-day hopper (discounted convention tickets) we figured we'd take the extra half-day to stop by anything we missed.

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

I think having the wristband means that you dont get in the cattle herd thats being pushed towards leaving when its the Halloween party time
    There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
    -Dr. Strange

• Down Pluto!

Last October's Party we spent the day in the park, and late afternoon went to change into our costumes. We got back about an hour before the scheduled Party time, in costume, and were asked to see our Party tickets at the gate - they let us in and sent us to the location to get our armbands. It was our understanding that the armbands were available only about two hours prior to the scheduled Party start time. Meaning, at an hour early they had already processed some people before us. We stood in a line about 5 people deep, and in a few minutes they scanned our tickets and snapped on our armbands. We were good to go, and later we noticed they were roping off the back sections of the park, and moving the ropes closer to the hub over time. The only people to pass into the roped off areas had to have armbands. It was a pretty seamless operation.

We heard from people that night that arrived way early in costume, that they were queued at the main gate until the armband processing center was opened. So I guess it wasn't a good idea to arrive too early.

We were using our AP's so we didn't need to use a parkhopper for the first seven plus hours in the park. Doing that is personal preference/choice.

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

• 'Til DEATH do us part...

Az, or not as close to Disneyland as I'd like to be :(

^We are doing it the same way. Spend the day in Disneyland/DCA and then go back to our hotel to get into our costumes and then go back to Disneyland at about 5 or 6.
    "We find it delightfully unlivable here in this ghostly retreat. Every room has wall-to-wall creeps, and hot and cold running chills. Shhh, listen!"
    -your host, your ghost host

Trips: 1992 1998 1999x2 2000 2007 2009 2011 2012 2014

Next Trip:
    ???

On Friday, October 14th, 2011, my boyfriend of 5 years proposed to me under the tunnel, right before the Court of Angels
    in Disneyland! Read my trip report about it here:http://micechat.com/forums/disneyland-resort/160167-dlr-mickeys-halloween-party-first-trip-report.html

Here is our honeymoon trip report from December 10th to the 15th 2012:http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...10th-15th.html

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by LugiaP2K View Post
    I'm just curious about the admission process if you have both a full day ticket and ticket to the Halloween Party. Is it possible to have both tickets scanned and get the party wristband when we first enter the park, or will we have to leave, enter the designated line and then go back in?
    Last year, they had an area at the Plaza Pavillion where you could check in and get your wristband and maps/info/goody bag. You don't have to exit to get it.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

•   
    • Support MC - Go GOLD!

Based on the website (Source: Mickey's Halloween Party at Disneyland Park), sounds like they start giving wrist bands up to 3 hours prior to the party (since that's when you can start wearing a costume if your not over 12 years old). Malcon10t was kind enough to add that they do have a check-in station inside the park too.

Just remember, anyone above 12 years old can only start wearing their costume up 3 hours prior to the event (as long as you have a valid ticket for that night's party) inside the Disneyland park. I would guess that if you wanted to jump over to DCA, only 12 and under could wear a costume in that park (based on Disney's rules)

The website says.....

Spine-Tingling Attractions and Entertainment
    Take part in all kinds of frightful family fun:

• Viewing of the boo-tiful Halloween Screams fireworks spectacular — exclusively for Mickey's Halloween Party Guests
    • Admission to the Disneyland Park up to 3 hours prior to the event's start time
    • Take photos with favorite Disney Villains
    • Special treat stations offering both yummy candy and healthy goodies
    • Dress up and enjoy the ghoulish goings-on at Mickey's Costume Party Cavalcade
    • At Piratepalooza in Rancho del Zocalo Restaurante, kick up your boots with Goofy and other swashbucklers.
    • Come to Tomorrowland Terrace for Buzz Lightyear's Intergalactic Space Jam — a hi-energy dance party that goes to infinity and beyond
    • Access to nearly all attractions, including all the Halloween-themed attractions such as Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy and Haunted Mansion Holiday
    • Lively music so your bones can boogie
    • Plus, lots more entertainment for little boys and ghouls

You'll also enjoy complimentary parking for one vehicle. Larger vehicles may require an additional fee.

source: Mickey's Halloween Party at Disneyland Park
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

Thanks for the advice everyone!

• disneyNerd

Does anybody know what color the wristbands are for the remaining parties at Disneyland??

thanks!!!

• Disney is home

Quote Originally Posted by baylons View Post
    Does anybody know what color the wristbands are for the remaining parties at Disneyland??

thanks!!!

Why do you need to know? Hmmm...