Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Know More Than You Should

Lightbulb Re: Tomorrowland Mural

Quote Originally Posted by figment1986
    you do great work as usual... is there a reason for a WDW avatar??
    Thanks Rob. As for the avatar, it's actually brand new from just yesterday. I am a big fan of Ellen's Energy Adventure at Epcot (Epcot is my favorite Disney park- besides Disneyland of course ). You know that big billboard/sign for EEA they have outside the pavaliion? Well, using a photo of that (There is a great website dedicated entirely to the UOE, both old and new versions, which can be found at http://energy.planet7.org/ ) and the open source 3D modelling program Blender (http://www.blender.org) I was able to model part of the sign (the part that says "Ellen's Energy Adventure) in 3D. I created two versions; one flat (as in the sign) and one in "3D" which is the version I used for my avatar. Keep your eyes peeled, as I will be offering desktops of both soon. Once I get a chance to go back to florida (next summer) I will be taking extensive photos of the sinage as well as of the pavillion itself (I hope to create 3D models of both).

Why, you ask?

Because I also plan to create a DVD of the attraction. Since I will be going with family over the summer, I will only be able to film one (maybe two) ridethrus (not to mention- It's a long attraction- 37 minutes total including the pre-show). However, my eventual plan is to film each screen individually, as well as several angles of the dinorama (get it- diorama, dinorama, hah, anyway...) which I will edit together into a high-quality DVD. I just ordered a CD a few weeks ago from the Extinct Attractions club which features source audio from both the old and new attractions.

Of course, for the time being, I am stuck here in Florida, and for now I must satisfy myself with photos as well as a live recording of the attraction I made last summer.

Once the project picks up some steam I'll post more about it.

Probably a longer answer then you were expecting, but nonetheless...

Next question...

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyfreak
    Did you use the clone stamp for the removal of the lines?
    I am using Paint Shop Pro 9 (I do have Photoshop CS2, but I don't use it much- I've been using PSP since PSP 6). The lines were removed using a combination of the Clone brush (or stamp, if you prefer) and the scratch remover. The scratch remover worked fine for the space parts, and a soften brush was used to compliment that. For the rest, a clone tool was used. The trick to sucessful clone-tool use in my opinion is to resample every time you paint, to prevent obvious patterns. It also helps to brush over a larger area then the area you are removing, to help it blend in. Contrast, Brightness, Color Balance and Saturation adjustments were used to help brighten and sharpen the image, and since this resulted in a bit of distortion, a small Edge Preserving Smooth was used to lessen it a little bit. (The large orange planet near the top still looks a little distorted in my opinion, but it's not too bad. I would release a larger 1280x1024 version for people with larger browsers (such as myself) but my camera was set at a lower resolution making that impossible.

Glad you all enjoyed it, thank you very much for your kind comments!

• Head Salesman

Re: Tomorrowland Mural

Sweeet!
    Ask about my popular 2-for-1 sale!

Visit my site, the Disney Experience, for awesome Disney downloads. All are welcome!

• Scentsy Minion

Blog Entries

wow! just wow! awesome job!! *jealousy over techolonical mastery ensues*

• Know More Than You Should

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Sam
    Sweeet!
    Woah! That means a lot coming from you Sam!

Just passing the time around here. I thank you all for your compliments. More wallpapers from Disneyland and Disney World will be available on my website, Carousel of Magic (http://www.carouselofmagic.com). Actually, with all of the buzz around here, I may have to open that section early!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12