Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: The Hundred Acre Wood

I know a few places in Mickey's Toontown that should go. Gadget's Go-Coaster and Chip 'N' Dale's Treehouse and Acorn Crawl are a waste of space. And, I wouldn't mind seeing the dead end there eliminated, especially by expanding Fantasyland to the West.

---------- Post added 09-24-2011 at 07:58 PM ----------

The Winnie the Pooh attraction there should go sooner rather than later. Salvage the ride system, and create a new show that fits Frontierland better.

• Blind to His Own Faults

Pooh has always belonged in Fantasyland, but there is nothing to be done about it now. I think further fragmentation of an area (that already has a long history of being a thematic dumping ground) in order to justify the presence of a resident 'white elephant' (heffalump?) attraction is unwise. Pooh was a case of ready-fire-aim, IMO. Don't make its intrusiveness any worse than it already is, says I.

However, this doesn't affect the merits of the idea itself (a Hundred Acre Wood area), which I think is a good one.

• Goofy

Quote Originally Posted by FigmentJedi View Post
    We should take The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh and this Hundred Acre Wood idea

And push it somewhere else like the Fantasyland Theater
    hahaha that is funny.

• Former CM

I would go for a little bridge over a creek where you could play a game of pooh sticks.

The exit bridge at Pooh is where you can play! It's called Pooh Stix bridge for a reason, y'know! =)

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticIdealist View Post

The Winnie the Pooh attraction there should go sooner rather than later. Salvage the ride system, and create a new show that fits Frontierland better.
    A Princess and the Frog dark-ride comes to mind. Then merge New Orleans Square and Critter Country together like that old "Dixieland" idea for the early development of Splash Mountain.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    I've mentioned before, that DCA should have planned for it's own Hundred Acre Woods when that Park was being built., rather than kill off the Country Bears. Both those "projects" were committed at the same time.
    I so agree with this! an expansive 100 acre woods in DCA would have been amazing!
    BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

Quote Originally Posted by FigmentJedi View Post
    A Princess and the Frog dark-ride comes to mind. Then merge New Orleans Square and Critter Country together like that old "Dixieland" idea for the early development of Splash Mountain.
    I like that idea!
    * *The dreams that you wish will come true* *

OK everybody has their ideas soooooooooooooooooo
    What if they took out WTP and replaced it with CBJ
    and then moved Winnie the pooh to DCA
    and take out redwood creek challenge and replace it with the hundred acre wood HOUSING Winnie the pooh
    Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by DLFreak15 View Post
    The exit bridge at Pooh is where you can play! It's called Pooh Stix bridge for a reason, y'know! =)
    Ha! I didn't know that. But you still need Eeyore floating by underneath.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • The Future is in RED?

Moving, somewhere in time...but mostly stuck in SoCal in the County of Orange

Quote Originally Posted by chechire cat View Post
    and take out redwood creek challenge and replace it with the hundred acre wood HOUSING Winnie the pooh
    Thoughts?
    Make the area a bit more Craftsmen style to match and complement the Grand Californian Hotel, have lots of trees and that should work for WTP.

Timekeeper
    Now the Tower of Sauron has fallen
    Also, this picture and my Avatar was taken with a Nintendo DSi System and Nyko Magnification Lens & Case for DSi.

Quote Originally Posted by chechire cat View Post
    Thoughts?
    I think that could work out nicely!
    * *The dreams that you wish will come true* *

I think they should put a lion king ride there instead.

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

The Pooh ride we got is underwhelming, considering the technology that is available and the space they had to work with which isn't that small. Wouldn't upset me all that much if they tore it out and started over.

(Ignoring the fact that the Accountants won't let them rip out Pooh for a few years yet, because they haven't depreciated the improvements - same reason they didn't abandon Rocket Rods right away when they wouldn't work as planned...)

They could remove the Pooh gift shop at the west end, continue the exterior theming on the Splash Mountain show building, and push Critter Country out to the west a little and then to the north a lot. Eventually even letting it circle around and meet up with the west end of ToonTown.

The "Old Roundhouse" and several of the carpentry and paint shops are there now, and while they need to be close to DL they don't have to be THAT close. The old Spaghetti Station lot tucked in the triangle between Ox Road, Ball Road and the freeway is vacant and perfect for a Shops complex - they can have a Backstage road there going under the Ball Road bridge.

Or go North a few blocks on West Street, like the concrete plant at Manchester, Santa Ana and Walnut. Other vacant industrial land near Broadway or Lincoln that have rail access for shipping, bring the 40' containers of Plush straight from the Port to the Warehouse.

Then they have all that space cleared to build a large ride building "behind" the CBJ/Pooh building. They could easily make that into a free-roaming "Pooh's Hunny Hunt" clone, or do something new in the space.

And they might bring back an AA show of some sort in the CBJ Building, but I doubt it's going to be the old show again - they need to come up with a new idea, but that's not too difficult.

One thing, if they do another AA musical show they have to start from the premise of a modular show that can have changes every show, and they can swap in new segments as they desire. With the new AA's with far better motion control and 'compliance', that could be beautiful.

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12