Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Local Animatronic @ Dland

ticket booth in front of Main Street Cinema

Tilly, Esmeralda, and Shrunken Ned After Hours

Hello everyone! I'm Tilly, the lady in the ticket booth on Main Street. I sit around and stare all day for my job in front of a closed movie theater. That's only part of me.

Esmeralda, Shrunken Ned, and I have the time of our lives once Disneyland closes. Me and Esmeralda get out of our booths and help Ned get out of his. Esmeralda, Shrunken Ned, and I always go in the movie theater that sits behind me. Shrunken Ned and Esmeralda give me fortunes everyday! Shrunken Ned is such a nice old head and Esmeralda is so funny. We go on the jungle cruise to see the back side of water! Esmeralda does not like Madame Leota, but Shrunken Ned has got his eyes on her. One time, we lost Shrunken Ned on Thunder Mountain by the goat with the dynamite! One time, we got to see Abe. We never see him anymore. The reason why, is because he was yelling out the Gettysburg Address on Space Mountain. Pirates is closed, so that all of the pirates can "hang" out with us. We all went on Indiana Jones together and said "hi" to Indy, all 3 of them. For a souvenir, Jack Sparrow gave us one gold coin each! I felt like a princess! All of the dolls on "it's a small world" are Angelina Jolie's kids! Sorry, I wanted to make a joke. I sat with Esmeralda, Shrunken Ned, and Jack on the Matterhorn. Both yedis said hi to us as we rode by. After that, we went to Club 33 and invited everyone that we saw that night (except Abe). The 3 Indys did not know about eachother that night, same with the yedis. Then, we all just got back to our positions before the park opened the next day.

More adventures will be coming up soon on this forum. I hope you liked the story!
    -> -> http://micechat.com/forums/disneyland-resort/181693-after-hours.html <- <-
    Stories of Disneyland from an animatronic's point of view

• Bring back the Keelboats!

Re: Tilly, Esmeralda, and Shrunken Ned After Hours

Poor Abe! Maybe he will learn his lesson and have some fun with you next time. Give him another chance!

So, what is the Yeti really like?

Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

• formerly very helpful

This does confirm my suspicions about what happens after hours. I always pictured something like Night at the Museum.

• Daughter of a DL worker

Quote Originally Posted by sbk1234 View Post
    This does confirm my suspicions about what happens after hours. I always pictured something like Night at the Museum.
    Yeah, it's like Toy Story when toys come to life. I like the Angelins Jolie thing, that made me laugh so hard! I can't wait what's going to happen next!

Who is this yellow bear? Where's Henry?
    My name is in 3rd edition HM book! I'm Mari who sent in #7 for "Honorable Mentions"

• Nerd

does anyone pet the cats?
    Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
    Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

• Senior Monorail Minion

Not sure, but we have a big mouse in town ;)

Quote Originally Posted by CMHusband View Post
    does anyone pet the cats?
    Yeah! Y'all better be showin' the cats some love!
    WELCOME ABOARD
    THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!

The yetis are really nice. They are so cold in that mountain, so they like to stay indoors. The first one is named Matt and the other one is Ron named after "Matterhorn". They are twin brothers. They always yell at you when you go by, because they want to go in your bobsled to get down the mountain and get indoors. They can get run over if they try to get down during the day. Anyway, the other yeti where you only see his eyes, is Bob named after "bobsled". He does not like people and loves his dark, mysterious den. He keeps all of the lost items from the ride in his cave. Hats, glasses, a couple pairs of mickey ears, and stuff like that. We try not to talk about him. Matt and Ron are really nice, they like hot chocolate and it's a small world. I know it's weird that they like the song, but they hear yodeling everyday!

We get to see the cats all of the time! They keep the rats and mice away. That's why Mickey is not at Disneyland during night time. They are dirty from doing their job, but they like to get rubs on their bellies now and then. We named them: Marie, Berlioz, Toulouse, Duchess, O'Malley, Cheshire Cat, Si, Am, Lucifer, Figaro and Pom Pom. If you have any more Disney cat names, please PM me or post it on here, because we have about 100 cats! If you have questions on the cat names just ask, because they are all from Disney movies.
    -> -> http://micechat.com/forums/disneyland-resort/181693-after-hours.html <- <-

Quote Originally Posted by sbk1234 View Post
    aren't they actually making a movie just like this? perhaps i'm mistaken, but i remember reading somewhere that they're working on a movie with jon favreau about this and it was supposed to be called "magic kingdom" or something. unless i'm going crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by tromo58 View Post
    aren't they actually making a movie just like this? perhaps i'm mistaken, but i remember reading somewhere that they're working on a movie with jon favreau about this and it was supposed to be called "magic kingdom" or something. unless i'm going crazy.
    I had no idea about the movie! That would be really cool to see us on the big screen. Esmeralda, Ned, and I will watch it in the theater that sits behind meat Disneyland. That would be the bees knees!
    Last edited by Tilly; 09-24-2011 at 02:02 PM.

The last cast member left main street. It's about 1:10 in the morning. I blink after staring all day. I unlock the door, step out of the booth and walk over to Esmeralda in the Penny Arcade. I turned around and saw the giant Mickey pumpkin in the center of Town Square. The bunting was so me, calling out its colors of red, orange, and yellow. "Hey Ezzy!" (that's what I call her) "It's a good thing that we are not claustrophobic!," she said. We laughed. She got out and locked the door behind her and we both started walking towards adventureland. "I like the pumpkins in the windows, it's my favorite holiday! I can't wait to see Ghost Galaxy!," Ezzy said. "So, anything today?," I asked. "7 people came up to me and got a fortune," she said. "What about you?" "No one, again, I don't give fortunes you know that," I said. We said "hi" to Walt as we passed by him with all of the pumpkins surrounding his feet. We pet the orange cat that guards the bridge to adventureland from the hub. We call him "O'Malley" who loves to go on adventures like the movie. Of course, the tiki torches are lit, because the gods have their own party in the courtyard to the tiki room. "Hi party gods!," we yelled out. "Hi Tilly and Ezzy!," they yelled as we walked in. I sat down by Tangaroa and Ezzy sat by Koro. "It's Halloweentime, you guys get to see everything decorated. We don't have anything decorated in Adventureland," Pele said while erupting. "Maybe in the future, but you guys are perfect the way you are, you don't need pumpkins," Ezzy said. Koro was dancing and could not stop! "It's past midnight! I'm love to dance after midnight!," Koro said. We all laughed. Hina Kuluua was sad that they do not change for Halloween, so she cried rain. "It's ok Hina, Ezzy said maybe in the future! She is a fortune-teller you know," I said. "Yeah, but the big word was 'maybe'," Hina said. "Come on you guys, just watch Koro dance some more, it will cheer up our spirits, get it? We're gods, spirits! Nevermind," Tangaroa-Ru said. Koro did lift up our spirits. Ngendei was not balancing the earth, just sitting like a normal person. Maui said, "It's getting late, you guys should go get Ned and have a party like always, we'll be fine. The tiki birds keep us company and perform for us." "Nice to see you again! Tell the birds hi for us! Bye!," we said. "Bye!," the gods said. We walked over to get Ned in the shop. Stuffed animals and rubber snakes everywhere! Indiana Jones hats and whips everywhere! "Hey girls!," Ned said. "Hey Ned! Just hangin' out I see," I said. "Yep, it does not hurt you know. I know I'm hanging from my hair, but it's ok," he said. "So, how many did you get today?," Ezzy asked. "New record! 12 people today! I'm so proud," he said. "Congratulations! We should celebrate! It's halloweentime here in the park now, what do you want to do?," I asked. "How about the Haunted Mansion, I want to tell Leota about it. It's the Nightmare Before Christmas, but she is just an ornament, not much difference," Ned said. "Leota, she does not give one-of-a-kind fortunes to people, she just talks the same thing over. At this time, she has to sing the most annoying christmas song! Actually, about halloween, but you know what I mean," Ezzy said. So, we walked out of the store, walked by Tarzan's Treehouse. "Hi Tarzan!," we all shouted. "Oh ah oh ah ooooohhh ah oh ah oooohhh! Hi guys!," Tarzan said from his tree without seeing him. We past POTC and remembered last time with the gold coins. "That was nice of Jack to give us those coins," Ned said. "I know, such a good man," I said. Ezzy was mad that we were going to see Leota, but we still kept walking. We could see all of the decorations on the mansion. The sleigh, the list, the clock, the pumpkins and candlebras on the balconies, even the pumpkins in the graveyard! The music was still playing, we were excited. We got to the entrance and saw our other friend Jack on the entrance sign with a snowflake spinning. We walked in line and stopped by to see our friend the Pumpkin King in the front yard. "Hey guys!," he said. "Looking like a scarecrow all day really hurts your body," he said. "It's been a whole year already!," Ezzy said. "Yep, what are you doing?," he asked. "Going to see Leota," I said. "Ok, see you guys later!," he said. "Bye!," we said and walked through the door.

Part 2 will be up tomorrow

• Daughter of a DL worker

Aaaahhhh! I want to see part 2 now! You should write a book about this or something, it's really good.

Who is this yellow bear? Where's Henry?
    My name is in 3rd edition HM book! I'm Mari who sent in #7 for "Honorable Mentions"

• Musical Fireman

Uh Tilly could you put in a word for me to be a engineer for the railroad or maybe a pilot for the Mark Twain that would be a dream for me thanks if you can.

"THAT'S R
    IGHT CARNEGIE STEEL BUILT THIS PLACE"!!!!!

Hey Tilly,
    Have you and Esmeralda ever gone to DCA?

Quote Originally Posted by chechire cat View Post
    Hey Tilly,
    Have you and Esmeralda ever gone to DCA?
    I have never heard of such place. Actually, the people who RARELY walk up to my booth talk about that sometimes. Sometimes they say "they should have this sort of thing at California Adventure," "This is not at California Adventure."

I have always wanted to go there. I wanted to go there later, for a special occasion. Plus, the animatronics there might have fun over there anyway. I heard there is an Ariel ride, so they get the park to themselves, Disneyland is fine for us. I will have to ask Ezzy and Ned tonight when we go on autopia or something.

Do you ever get tired of Steamboat Willie? You might tell your manager that they have made Mickey Mouse cartoons in color.
    Writing about all things Disney, a couple of paragraphs at a time

http://disneylandtraveler.blogspot.com/

75,000+ page views and counting.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast