Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Toad Hall

Talking What to do with the area in the middle of Screamin's final turns?

Ok never really thought of it today but everybody knows the area in the middle of the turn(where they take your picture) has a nice piece of land and is only occupied by a sand lot with some trees. Has anybody every thought of putting in a small dark ride or some other thing in the middle right there. Tell me your ideas and what you think about the possibility of something there in the future!
    <font size=4> </font>

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Re: What to do with the area in the middle of Screamin's final turns?

I just know it's not one prettier parts of the park.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Sock Puppet

I don't think they could fit much in there, last I remembered, I thought it was quite small... However, before they even think of putting anything there, they must tackle the Queue problems... :P

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by Disneylandfan67 View Post
    However, before they even think of putting anything there, they must tackle the Queue problems... :P
    agreed
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Shubisha

Put in a spinning chainsaw ride and termite farm.

Maybe some kind of outdoor "spaceshot" type of attraction themed to the midway high striker game. Two or three towers would fit nicely in that spot and it would give great views of PP and the Convention Center when you are at the top.

• Minion

That vacant spot, the eastern helix and not the western helix once occupied by Maliboomer, was originally slated to have a spinner ride placed in it. It was part of the very modest DCA expansion plans they had for the park in 2000-01 when all they thought they would need to do is slowly increase the ride capacity of the park by adding more cheap carnival rides. It was widely rumored to be themed to Ursula, tying in with the King Tritons Carousel next door, and would have been a more permanent version of the standard Octopus rides found at most carnivals.

Octopus ride by Taxi nerd, on Flickr

Obviously when DCA fell flat on its face right upon opening in 2001, the modest and cheap plans they had for the park were shelved. Instead they did an emergency maneuver by quickly adding Flik's Fun Faire for '02, and fast-tracking Tower of Terror for '04. The plan to put another spinner in the vacant western helix was shelved.

But that's not to say they can't revive it later. That end of Paradise Pier still hasn't had its remake into Pier 2.0 like the rest of the land. At some point they need to go back and build a themed Screamin' queue and launch area, a themed shade structure for the Carousel, and rip out the remaining stucco buildings there from Treasures In Paradise/Catch A Flave to the Scream Cam merch stand. That whole section is still circa 2001 and needs a heavy remake job to get it up to the new DCA standards.

When they do that, they could slot in the spinner ride to help with Pier ride capacity. It probably won't be an Ursula themed Octopus ride though, since Mermaid now has a much bigger presence in DCA now.

• Daughter of a DL worker

They should replace that wharf area with some rides too, don't you think? too many restaurants in one spot you know?

Who is this yellow bear? Where's Henry?
    My name is in 3rd edition HM book! I'm Mari who sent in #7 for "Honorable Mentions"

• -

I think the idea is now, it is supposed to represent a sandy beach. If that is the case, they just need to string up a net and have some bikini chicks playing volleyball in there to complete the theme. I hardly doubt that many would argue with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Westsider View Post
    At some point they need to go back and build a themed Screamin' queue and launch area,
    The launch area is fine. They just need to turn the waves back on in Paradise Bay so it feels like you are launching next to the ocean again. Oh, and they need to get the launch back how it was upon opening - with no countdown so it takes you by surprise.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    I think the idea is now, it is supposed to represent a sandy beach. If that is the case, they just need to string up a net and have some bikini chicks playing volleyball in there to complete the theme. I hardly doubt that many would argue with it.
    That would be fine, but they would have to slow the ride down to a crawl in that section. That also would be a great place to get stuck and have to evac.

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Oh, and they need to get the launch back how it was upon opening - with no countdown so it takes you by surprise.
    I'm guessing lawyers had this put in.
    Probably afraid of people getting "whip lash" due to being off guard when the ride takes off.
    I think if people weren't so "sue happy" the lawyers wouldn't take away a lot of the fun stuff to avoid lawsuits.
    Quote by Al:
    -Al Lutz

• We Go On.

Plant lots and lots and lots of tall, tall, tall, thick, thick, thick plants.

But I agree, take care of the queue first.

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by WDITrent View Post
    Plant lots and lots and lots of tall, tall, tall, thick, thick, thick plants.
    I think it's the best answer.
    I don't see how a ride (as suggested) would fit in this area.
    Quote by Al:
    -Al Lutz

• Meh.

I think a Breakdancer-type ride or another flat ride would look nice. Unless it might have been covered by "a bug's land"...

• Toad Hall

It would sweet if they moved the carousel over to that area and made it more like santa cruz boardwalk carousel where its more inside and the rings to grab and throw through the clowns mouth. THat ride at the boardwalk is one of the most popular rides there and if the carousel in DCA had the rings i would totally ride it everytime. it would be much much much better
    <font size=4> </font>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast