Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

first time DisneyLand-er

Hello

I've been a Disney fan all my life. But I've never been able to visit a Disney park. So, since I turned 30 this past August, I told myself that I would celebrate my "big" year by going. Only thing is, I was thinking of going by myself. Do you think I should? Or is Disney something that you REALLY should experience with someone else? I don't know very many people that are as big Disney fans as I am. It's sad, but true.

How about any of you regulars...willing to take on a disneyland "virgin" sometime this year?

~Mindy

• Silly Goose...

Re: first time DisneyLand-er

Disneyland can easily turn a non-believer...
    On Splash Mountain at Disney World, these two teenagers behind me initially seemed friendly but when the ride actually started they started shouting the N-Word over and over again and jumped out just before the first drop and started stomping on the scenery.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dancreedenjr/

• Hooterville, USA

Quote Originally Posted by mindyracal View Post
    Hello

I've been a Disney fan all my life. But I've never been able to visit a Disney park. So, since I turned 30 this past August, I told myself that I would celebrate my "big" year by going. Only thing is, I was thinking of going by myself. Do you think I should? Or is Disney something that you REALLY should experience with someone else? I don't know very many people that are as big Disney fans as I am. It's sad, but true.

How about any of you regulars...willing to take on a disneyland "virgin" sometime this year?

~Mindy
    Come on a Sunday about noon, and you'll meet tons of MiceChatters who will put an end to your Disneyland virginity.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Local Animatronic @ Dland

ticket booth in front of Main Street Cinema

You should really experience your first time at Disneyland with friends and/or family. If they have not been to the park, they should come with. In my booth, I always see little kids and adults wear those "First time" buttons and it makes me so happy that they actually experience the magic kingdom. Don't be embarrassed, I know some kids who have not been to Disneyland, because they are the 2 youngest out of 6 kids. The best time to go is when you are a kid, but at least you're tall enough for all of the rides!
    -> -> http://micechat.com/forums/disneyland-resort/181693-after-hours.html <- <-
    Stories of Disneyland from an animatronic's point of view

• Bring back the Keelboats!

The suggestion above to meet up with the MiceChatters is a good one. They always have something special planned and will take everyone who shows up!

I have gone alone many times in the past and always had a great time. It depends on you, though. Do you prefer sharing experiences with someone else? Or do you enjoy your own company enough to have a thoroughly good time alone?

Split the difference. Go on Sunday, but spend the first part of the day riding whatever you want and enjoying the Park, then meet up with the gang.

You'll have a blast, whatever you decide to do. Be sure to take your camera and post a report when you come back!

Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

• Daughter of a DL worker

^I agree, it's up to you. If we suggest something, you would want the other choice. Make yourself comfortable on your special day.

Who is this yellow bear? Where's Henry?
    My name is in 3rd edition HM book! I'm Mari who sent in #7 for "Honorable Mentions"

• The "goat trick" RULES!!!

You'll have fun what ever you decide!!!! :-)

I do like to go with my friends and family because Disneyland was designed to be experienced with friends and family.

However, every now and then I LOVE to go by myself. Usually it's those times when I just need to get away. I get to spend a nice leisurely day in the park. I don't need to slow down for others in my group. I can eat what I want when I want. I can spend as much time as I want browsing in the stores. I love to take pictures even though I'm not really good at it and going by myself I can take time to do that. I can decide what to ride and even use the SINGLE RIDER LINE on some rides. Plus, when I go by myself it gives me a chance to plan my next trip with someone.

You'll see. It's not that one way is necessarily better than the other, but going by yourself and with others are two totally different experiences. In fact, if you go with different people NO one Disneyland experience is the same. LOL.

Whatever you decide, I'm sure you'll enjoy yourself and have a great time. Be sure to read the FASTPASS THREAD and ask cast members any questions they are very helpful.

• Koubu Pilot

Whether you go alone or with a group, you can't go wrong. It's more about how you want to experience it. While companionship is a good thing, going on your own and doing things at your own pace is a good thing too.

I'd say go with someone. It always makes the trip a little more fun and special.

about a 2 1/2 hour plane ride away from the happiest place on earth

I would suggest trying to find someone to go with you. For me part of what I love about disneyland is being able to share it with someone else. I have never been to disneyland on my own, so I don't know what that experience is like. I'm not opposed to going to the park alone, but I have to take a plane to get there and I don't particularly like going on vacation by myself. I just love being able to share my experience with someone else. Also I love to see the reactions and enjoyment of the people I am with. I always find it nice to have someone to talk to in the lines waiting for the rides. I am very shy, so for me it's very hard to just start randomly talking to people in line. In my opinion though I would say try to find someone to go to the park with you for your first trip. Even if it's a younger family member. Little ones are always fun because they can so easily jump into the magic.

• Blew By You

Yes, go alone. It's probably something in which you can get more memories.
    Yes, go to the Mice gathering. I've never been but that would be nice to do one day. Maybe you'll give me reason for attending.
    Then, you can invite others to join you on future visits now that you are a knowledgable guide.
    I still get frustrated that I never even thought of taking that WDW trip alone.

• The Prince

I would say go with at least a friend or that special someone. It makes the trip more magical and a great experience.

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by mindyracal View Post
    Only thing is, I was thinking of going by myself. Do you think I should? Or is Disney something that you REALLY should experience with someone else?
    The park is fun no matter if you go alone or with others.
    Going alone can be quite fun. Plus you get to meet new people in the queue and talk to them.

I haven't read any of the other post
    but don't forget,
    MC has the Sunday meets, so you can hang with a group then.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• MiceChat Moderator
    • ♠ Pirate Wizard ♠

Blog Entries

Just be sure to not let another year pass you by if you have to wait for someone else to go. I'd say just go. You will still have an amazing time. It will be more personal, too. Go on Sunday, meet some mice chatters at the hub, then go explore Disneyland like you've never explored anything before in your life. Just get out and live above all else.

I am not a regular per se, but I always find more excitement in being able to share a happy experience with someone else. I would suggest going alone if that is your only choice but would consider a meet up with fellow Mice Chatters if that is possible because it's always nice to meet new people who share common interests and who knows you may even find a friend so that the next time you go you have someone who can go with you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast