Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Enchanted Tiki Room soft openings tonight 3/11

I'm currently at the park and the Enchanted Tiki Room is currently having a special "sneak peek" tonight according to the cast member at the gate. I'm waiting in the tiki garden as this is being posted

I will post pictures tomorrow.

I am posting this from my Sidekick (my cellphone)

Get to the park now if you can to get a sneak peek before it officially reopens tomorrow!

The crowds for it are currently large....
    Last edited by MasterGracey; 03-11-2005 at 11:25 PM.

You're so lucky if you make it in.

It should be amazing...The last time I was there the clacking and banging of all the AA's nearly drowned out the music.

• Zapp's Minion :D

Soft openings tonight Thanks for the update MasterGracey!!

• e komo mai

That's good news. I can't wait to see what they did.

• Minion

That's cool... But I'm even MORE impressed with your cell phone! I didn't know sidekicks go let you view micechat and other complex web sites... That's awesome!

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

The Tiki Room looks fantastic! Everything is so bright now and amazingly colorful. I never realized how dulled down everything had gotten... Some of the flowers still clack and make noise but as compared to pre-refurb TikiRoom, its amazingly improved. I was a bit disappointed because the wall tikis still don't move around as perfectly as they should, but at least all of their eyes and mouths MOVE now whereas before not even half of the wall tikis worked.
    Also, I swear there were some new birds added on some new perches but I may be wrong about that...

All in all the tiki room is BETTER THAN EVER...

I will post some photos sometime tomorrow

• The Uber Film Geek

Just out of curiosity...

Does Jose still say "Gracias Senorita" at the beginning? Or have they de-genderfied it?
    My DVDs
    "Every view they hold on you's a piano out of tune
    You're an angel, you're a demon, you're just.... human." - James, Lullaby

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by captveg
    Just out of curiosity...

Does Jose still say "Gracias Senorita" at the beginning? Or have they de-genderfied it?
    Yes, Jose still has his "senorita" line. As far as I could tell, nothing was changed as far as the sountrack goes other than the fact that the audio sounded clearer and crisper.

• Leave 'em wanting more!

Quote Originally Posted by captveg
    Just out of curiosity...

My wife and I happened to be in the park and wander by when it had just opened up for the sneak-peak and we saw the show. The courtyard looks amazing! The show is fresher and the colors and sounds are bright and clear! The crowd and line for the attraction was HUGE!

However there are still some wall-tiki problems, the birds of paradise seem to be the main perpetrators of the clacking and yes Jose still says "Gracias Senorita".

On another note, it really irks me that certain Cast Members STILL dance and act foolish during the bird-go-round portion of the show. It's pandering and dumb and should be stopped! I can't complain to City Hall because I am a CM and we're not allowed to complain... so some of you people should! I think that these CMs forget that there is a fine line between enhancing the show and being/ruining the show. Harumph! Blessedly, Maynard was not working because he is the worst perpetrator... Oy!

- fearsnda
    ~ Tasty, yet morally ambiguous! ~

• Defeats the Huns

Just put in the complaint using a fake name! Unless you're a Guest Relations CM and they know you... I guess that would be a problem then.

I can't wait to see the new Tiki Room! Have to admit I was never really a Tiki fan and would only go every once in a while -- but I'm interested to see the improvements in the colors and stuff!
    "In the tiki tiki tiki tiki tiki room!"

• Senior Minion

Great to hear the Tiki Room is back*loads Tiki song* These are happy days!!!
    Thanks for the update!!!

Do they still have the Exit door where people can leave anytime, or did they put a stop to that?
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

What I want to know is...do the cast members who work the Tiki Room have their original costumes back? You remember, the bright/neon orange shirts (for the guys) and the bright/neon orange *moo-moos* that the girls wore. That would make it complete!

I'm going to Park first thing tomorrow morning (with my best friend) to see the new/improved show, and I'm super excited about it!

Patrick

• Still wants to be a cat!

Was also by there this evening, crowd wasn't too large when we went by. Daughter & Hubby wanted to go on Astro Blasters, so we decided to put off Tiki Room for another day. I really wanted to see the new show, but was out voted. Checked this right away to get some opinion on the improved show, as always you guys always come through. Thanks!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• Gloomy Day, probably rain

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey
    I will post some photos sometime tomorrow
    Ohhhhh! I can't wait!! My best friend was here last year when it was down and she was so sad that she didn't get to go and see it. I can't wait for your pics so I can send her the link!!

• Leave 'em wanting more!

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralShang
    Just put in the complaint using a fake name! Unless you're a Guest Relations CM and they know you... I guess that would be a problem then.
    I never thought about that. I don't really know City Hall's CMs as I work in the depths of hell behind Toon Town. Hmmmmm.... Maybe I shall complain about the dancing tiki lunatics under an assumed name. Hmmmm.... Maybe not, don't wanna lose my job... Oh oh oh! I should just make my wife complain!
    ~ Tasty, yet morally ambiguous! ~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast