Fireworks, Fantasmic, and World of Color

If you could only pick two of the three to do, due to time constraints which two would you choose? What about if it were your first time? Running into this issue and am torn. I know which two I would pick, but I am picking for my husband too, and he has never been. Was just wondering what the general consensus would be.

about a 2 1/2 hour plane ride away from the happiest place on earth

Re: Fireworks, Fantasmic, and World of Color

I would say to do Fantasmic and the World of color show. I believe if you do the first show of Fantasmic you can often see the firework show right after (as long as you view the show from somewhere where you can see the general area of the castle as well) I guess it would really come down to your particular interest. I love to see all the characters and grew up with the movies so every time I watch fantasmic or the world of color I feel a connection to my inner five year old self.

I always pic WOC and Fantasmic. Fantasmic is just my favorite show of all time and WOC is equally as amazing. plus, if you go to WOC, then head over to disneyland and catch the last show of F!, you get a great view of the fireworks on the way yes, you have to deal with crowds, but really, it doesn't matter that much when you have something pretty to watch
    "Disneyland is a show."
    -Walt Disney

• Future Indy Castmember

I usually don't wait for fireworks since they tend to get cancelled due to winds at certain times of the year.

This is my strategy for WoC and Fan!:

1. Get FP for the first WoC

2. Watch World of Color at 9pm

3. Head over to DL after the show and head to the Rivers of America

On the way, you can get glimpses of the firework show so that could be considered "seeing" the show.

If I had multiple days to spend, I would spread them out. Watching Fan! and Fireworks one night and WoC the other night.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

• Minion

last year on the last day i amtened to watch all three in one night frist i watch world of color then walk over to disneyland to watch the fireworks then walk over to fastmic and then head home
    I have a problem with dyslexia, but if you will please bear with me, I would love to participate in the conversations here at MiceChat. Thanks for your understanding! - Matthttp://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo[URL=http://www.youtube.com/user/MrDisneylandfan4ever?feature=mhumfeature=mhum#p/u"]http://www.youtube.com/user/matt4mickey123?feature=mhum#p/u[/U- Mattșoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șo[disneyland repctive of the wedsday show dca eathen brithday 282 by mickeyfan4ever1234, on Flickr

• Banned User

Wow tough one! I think its a testament to how strong all three shows are.

For me personnally, I guess it would be Fireworks and WOC. I love F! but I been watching that for nearly 20 years now, so I dont need to see it all that much anymore. But I can always watch the fireworks. Partly because its SHORTER and its easier to catch. Main St never fills up that badly where you cant get a good view 10 mins before show time. WOC has grown on me immensely and because of the fact they are always adding and changing bits of the show makes it repeatable!

That said though, if its your first time, I would say F! would be at the top of the list and probably the fireworks for me. WOC IS great and it does grow on you, but F! still brings it and the live actors just add another level WOC cant. I would say the fireworks, specifically Remember because its probably the most emotional and fun show they ever done. That explains why 6 years later, people still love it! In fact, I'm not sure if they can ever top that show with something else and they havent even tried to, so that tells you something.

So, if seen all three before: Fireworks and WOC

Never seen none: Fireworks and F!

But yeah as you can see everyone feels differently!

Last year I watched the 1st show of WOC and made a mad dash through the fireworks crowd and got front row seats to Fantasmic! xD
    I would definently pick WOC and Fantasmic!, If anything you could watch part of the Fireworks show while waiting for F!

• Cunning infiltrator

At least Fantasmic! doesn't have Fastpass. If it did, then those passes could hold you a spot, like World of Color.

For all your Furry/Anthro needs!
    http://www.second-ed.com/

Highly recommended Furry/Anthro list:
    http://belfrycomics.net/
    http://furaffinity.net/

IMO, I would do Fireworks and WOC. To me Fantasmic and WOC are somewhat similar (although completely different in their own venue).

Thanks for all the responses. We have two evenings at Disney, and I already purchased WoC picnic meal passes. I just screwed up and bought them for the second night, and disneyland is closed for the halloween party on the first night we are there. I know we can't do both fireworks and WoC now, since fireworks are at 8:40 and WoC starts at 9:00, so I guess it will be World of Color and Fantasmic. I hope my husband isn't dissapointed. He loves fireworks and is always unimpressed with our local fireworks shows, so I was hoping I could make it work... I can't change my WoC tickets, but do you think they might let us in to the later showing with our earlier shows fastpass? I remember reading somewhere that they sometimes are good about it...

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by ryaxmom View Post
    Thanks for all the responses. We have two evenings at Disney, and I already purchased WoC picnic meal passes. I just screwed up and bought them for the second night, and disneyland is closed for the halloween party on the first night we are there. I know we can't do both fireworks and WoC now, since fireworks are at 8:40 and WoC starts at 9:00, so I guess it will be World of Color and Fantasmic. I hope my husband isn't dissapointed. He loves fireworks and is always unimpressed with our local fireworks shows, so I was hoping I could make it work... I can't change my WoC tickets, but do you think they might let us in to the later showing with our earlier shows fastpass? I remember reading somewhere that they sometimes are good about it...
    Are you sure you can't do World of Color on the first night so you can enjoy Fireworks and Fanstasmic the second? Give Disney up a call to see if you can return you picnic meals for that night!