• Ryan

OFFICIAL Disneyland Resort Debate Thread

Name:  white12.jpg
Views: 270
Size:  83.4 KB
    Hey!

Now you may be thinking, why would someone make a thread where people argue all the time? Well, 3 main reasons.

1. There are mini-debates all over the forums, which can sometimes boom and get mice chatters upset. It also fills the thread with unnecessary posts and arguments that slowly steer away from te point of the actual thread. "Take it somewhere else", a person would say. This is that somewhere else!

2. A good healthy debate is not only fun, but educational, and interesting.

3. When something new gets announced, we can debate about it and see what each others opinions are on the subject.

With every debate there has to be rules.

I. NO PERSONAL ATTACKS. This thread is only for FACTUAL debates and disagreements, and it will stay like that. Never will a debate will go as far as the personal level. If it does, the thread will be closed and I will contact a moderator if they have not already witnessed it.

II. NO DEBATING BECAUSE YOU CAN. I know this sounds silly, but some people will just come here to disagree. If you can disagree and PROVIDE FACTS, then you can hold that argument. But if you are arguing for the sake of arguing, then it will be reported.

III. NO SPAM. Like RULE II, you cannot just repeatedly disagree with one person or thing over and over.

IV. DEBATES DON'T END, AND THEY DO NOT NEED TO. Don't be the one that thinks they need to step up and end it, but instead cause more harm then intended. Debates don't come to an end, and people should keep their personal opinions. They might get persuaded but you don't have to do EVERYTHING YOU POSSIBLY CAN TO MAKE THEM AGREE WITH YOU. Because they won't. A debate will fizzle off until it is brought up again or a new one has started.

I haven't really thought of a way to start a this. I will let you guys decide. It must have everything to do with the Disneyland Resort or the Walt Disney Company's decisions.

So go ahead and start! I will chime in, don't worry you will be seeing me again, I have strong opinions to. But try to keep away from interrupting the tracker threads and other constant threads by just bringing them here if the arguments gt out of hand.

Remember, the moderators are the referees so you listen to them
    Last edited by YoungImagineer; 09-28-2011 at 04:08 PM.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Majestic Falcon

Blog Entries

Re: OFFICIAL Disneyland Resort Debate Thread

Rabble Rabble Rabble.

I think the loss of Plaza Gardens is a big issue right now. Although I do want Fantasyland theater back and I know they need to put the princess somewhere, I just wish we didn't have to lose such a landmark. Where else could they have placed the princesses? In a perfect world, i'd say inventions and kill 2 birds with one stone. Or how about all that open space in front of small world? Oh wait, thats the parade route. hmm, parking lot? no.... downtown disney? hmm, to much chicken.... hmmm... where else could they go?
    Last edited by orbitalpunk; 09-28-2011 at 03:34 PM.

• Ryan

I agree!

lol. Here is my biggest problem:

Last year our band played there. One of the best experiences in my life. Are the future classes going to be able to do this?!

• -

Quote Originally Posted by orbitalpunk View Post

Rabble Rabble Rabble.

I think the loss of Plaza Gardens is a big issue right now. Although I do want Fantasyland theater back and I now they need to the the princess somewhere, I wish we didn't have to loss such a landmark. Where else could they have placed the princesses? In a perfect world, i'd say innoventions. haha... or how about all that open space in front of small world? Oh wait, thats the parade route. hmm, parking lot? no.... downtown disney? hmm, to much chicken.... hmmm... where else could they go?
    Pave over the waste of space Motorboat Cruise area. Stick the princesses there that way the Dark Ages don't invade Main Street.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Ryan

Now all we need is an opposing side...

anyone?

• Ryan

Remember it includes California adventure too!

What do you guys think about Prep and Landing coming to World of Color?

• Parking Lot > DCA

I hope they don't touch the Fantasyland Gardens - to me that is one of the few places that is some-what untouched and it's nice to get away from the crowds and enjoy some popcorn in a nice part of the park - especially no since it isn't a smoking area.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by YoungImagineer View Post
    I agree!

lol. Here is my biggest problem:

Last year our band played there. One of the best experiences in my life. Are the future classes going to be able to do this?!
    Yes Disney has stated at night the Princess area will be used just like the current area is........so to me this killing two birds with one stone get the Theater back and use the space to its FULLEST. We not losing anything just gaining a new theme and the area finally being used in the day.

Another poster said used the old motorboat area....i say that would be a waste since it has enough room for a ride and hopefully we'll see a new ride there soon (rumors were a tinkerbell ride but that got thrown out when the movies did not sell well)

•   
    • Dept. 41 and Club 55

As we debate, let us not forget that the original "show" concept is long dead at Disneyland. Nowadays the operating concept at Disneyland is "sell". It's no longer about putting on the best show possible for guests as it was in Walt's day. Of course, Disneyland sold souvenirs from the beginning, but they were in the background. The show came first. Today, it's all about selling as much merchandise as possible, to as many guests as possible. It's the reason that the Gardens are being converted into something that makes money. In the eyes of Team Disney Anaheim, any time that a guest walks past a space that is not operating as a point of sale, it equals a "loss" in operating revenue. They want to reduce those "losses" as much as possible.

Team Disney Anaheim doesn't see a Guest as someone who comes to Disneyland to make memories with their families or ride the attractions. Team Disney Anaheim instead sees Guests as a never-ending parade of cash cows. The whole experience of Disneyland is designed to make you spend as much money as possible. That's why all the E-ticket attractions exit through a gift shop. It's why the Cast at World of Disney always pitch you some small extras as they ring you out. It's why every open space in the Park is stuffed to the point of collapse with plush toys, clothing, and food carts. Have you seen the absolute crap that is sold from the ODV carts during fireworks, Fantasmic, and World of Color? It's not even Disney-branded merchandise. It's cheap, off-the-shelf, one-time-use disposable junk that Disney got for near nothing from distributers in China. The items are flashy and noisy by design. Team Disney Anaheim knows that children will beg their parents to buy those items. And each parent that obliges and buys their kids those junk toys from the ODV cart falls victim to the trap. And Team Disney Anaheim is laughing all the way to the bank.

Name:  cash-cow-783678.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  21.3 KB

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Majestic Falcon

Blog Entries

Views: 146
Size:  28.9 KB

teeheehee....

•   
    • Dept. 41 and Club 55

Quote Originally Posted by orbitalpunk View Post
Views: 146
Size:  28.9 KB

teeheehee....
    Nice touch!

I have no problem with changing carnation gardens. Should they demolish the Matterhorn since it's clearly encroaching on the hub? I think not. Move swing to DCA. I'm a swing dancer too, so I love the music and atmosphere, but it would be great in any location.

Maybe this will free up the current princess area and they can turn it into a ride.

• Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by Sosai X View Post
    As we debate, let us not forget that the original "show" concept is long dead at Disneyland. Nowadays the operating concept at Disneyland is "sell". It's no longer about putting on the best show possible for guests as it was in Walt's day. Of course, Disneyland sold souvenirs from the beginning, but they were in the background. The show came first. Today, it's all about selling as much merchandise as possible, to as many guests as possible. It's the reason that the Gardens are being converted into something that makes money. In the eyes of Team Disney Anaheim, any time that a guest walks past a space that is not operating as a point of sale, it equals a "loss" in operating revenue. They want to reduce those "losses" as much as possible.

Team Disney Anaheim doesn't see a Guest as someone who comes to Disneyland to make memories with their families or ride the attractions. Team Disney Anaheim instead sees Guests as a never-ending parade of cash cows. The whole experience of Disneyland is designed to make you spend as much money as possible. That's why all the E-ticket attractions exit through a gift shop. It's why the Cast at World of Disney always pitch you some small extras as they ring you out. It's why every open space in the Park is stuffed to the point of collapse with plush toys, clothing, and food carts. Have you seen the absolute crap that is sold from the ODV carts during fireworks, Fantasmic, and World of Color? It's not even Disney-branded merchandise. It's cheap, off-the-shelf, one-time-use disposable junk that Disney got for near nothing from distributers in China. The items are flashy and noisy by design. Team Disney Anaheim knows that children will beg their parents to buy those items. And each parent that obliges and buys their kids those junk toys from the ODV cart falls victim to the trap. And Team Disney Anaheim is laughing all the way to the bank.

Views: 150
Size:  21.3 KB
    I agree on some part. They do indeed see guests as money makers but they also try to make the best fitting experience. Like the Devil and the Angel on their shoulders.

They want to agree with the Devil and get as much money out of it as possible, but they have to listen to the quiet angel telling them to make a good experience. Usually the Devil wins. Back in Walt's time, it was easier to listen to the Angel, but the angel is barely there anymore.

How intruding is this Princess thing even going to be? Intruding enough where a band made up of teenage girls and boys aren't going to want to play songs in a Princess Lala Land? Or just a mixture?

• Ryan

What do you guys think on the Carthay Circle Theater/Club whatever thing? Personally I think it is really bland, but I know your response is going to be "Well it is very close to the original building so yeah it works." Well, why did they choose Carthay in the first place? Other than it being where they played Snow White and the 7 Dwarves, it is a VERY normal building. I don't know, it just seems like it's missing the Magic.

• MaliBOOMer

Quote Originally Posted by YoungImagineer View Post
    What do you guys think on the Carthay Circle Theater/Club whatever thing? Personally I think it is really bland, but I know your response is going to be "Well it is very close to the original building so yeah it works." Well, why did they choose Carthay in the first place? Other than it being where they played Snow White and the 7 Dwarves, it is a VERY normal building. I don't know, it just seems like it's missing the Magic.
    THIS. Exactly my thoughts. I actually don't care for the look of it. However the concept art for the rest of BVS looks very promising. And i guess it is an improvement over the giant hub cap that was there.
    Favorite Ride: Tower of Terror