Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: What obscure Disney movie would you like to see made into a dark ride?

I join the others who said "Bedknobs & Broomsticks"... easily one of my favorites as a kid. Since re-make fever has hit Hollywood in recent years, maybe it's only a matter of time before that one gets re-made.

Incidentally, a number of films mentioned here were considered for rides, and concept art for some (Black Cauldron, Love Bug, etc.) can be found here:

Lost Disneylandia | Progress City, U.S.A.

• Goofy

the haunted mansion. the firstone was okay and dcent.

Pretty Woman!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by noleafclover1980 View Post
    Flight of the Navigator.
    I'm gettin bugged drivin up and down the same old strip
    I gotta find a new place where the kids are hip...

Yes please! I always wanted to fly that ship. Last I heard, it was gathering rust in Florida, in some scrap heap along the studios tour.

I wouldn't even mind the music after being flooded with the Beach Boys at DCA ;-)

• Embrace the kitsch!

Quote Originally Posted by The First Star re "Flight of the Navigator"
    Yes please! I always wanted to fly that ship. Last I heard, it was gathering rust in Florida, in some scrap heap along the studios tour.

I wouldn't even mind the music after being flooded with the Beach Boys at DCA ;-)
    I thought they used music by Twisted Sister. Anyway, I always thought they should've made Star Tours FotN instead. Sometimes I wonder if they intended to at one point. They even used Pee Wee Herman's voice!

Anyway, when I was a kid, I designed a "Pete's Dragon" dark ride. In the first scene, you rode down the main street of Passamaquoddy next to the invisible Elliott, watching signs move as he "bumped into them." At the same time, you saw his footprints appear in the fresh cement right next to your ride car. I think I subconsciously picked up on the "you are the main character" gimmick.
    Disneyland Historic Preservation Society
    Charter Member

Treasure Planet
    Island at the Top of the World
    Emporer's New Groove
    Rescuers Down Under
    "And after a long time or a short time, Ivan and the Wolf came at last to the home of the Firebird..."

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Hercules ~ a suspended dark ride, The Adventures of Hercules, while riding Pegasus, battling and escaping the Hydra, Hades and the titans. Experiencing everything from mt olympus to earth to the underworld, back to mt olympus!

not unknown but underutilized - 101 Dalmatians - through the seasons. A crazy ride in Cruella's hot rod. Spring Summer romance of Roger/Anita Pongo/Perdita, Autumn Cruella enters, puppies stolen. Winter, cruella's hot rod now chases after the puppies as they make their escape from the DeVil mansion, through the cold wintery outdoors, dalmations disguising themselves as black labs, and arriving safely back at Roger and Anita's .

• Ursus H. Bear, ESQ

I always thought the Great Mouse Detective could make a fun Simulator chase ride. Maybe now days it would be even better as a Spider Man type ride

The Same with Pecos Bill!
    "Trap Toad will they? HA HA NEVER!"

"Get Hip, Don't get the Dip!"

The Aristocats
    Ratatouille (I swear there's one being built in DLP, I've seen pictures of Gustave's face on a bridge.)

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by RandySavage View Post
    I join the others who said "Bedknobs & Broomsticks"... easily one of my favorites as a kid. Since re-make fever has hit Hollywood in recent years, maybe it's only a matter of time before that one gets re-made.

Incidentally, a number of films mentioned here were considered for rides, and concept art for some (Black Cauldron, Love Bug, etc.) can be found here:

Lost Disneylandia | Progress City, U.S.A.
    That was an interesting article! It's cool that they were able to use the concept they planned for The Black Hole years later for Buzz Lightyear.

I’ve often thought it would be neat to have a longish dark ride in Fantasyland that featured scenes from different animated features that didn’t have rides of their own. They kind of touched on that way back when with the Mickey Mouse Revue.

• Minion

ORDDU: When you stop to think about it, ANY Disney movie could be made into a splendid dark ride--if done properly with no short cuts taken. But my sisters and I would like to Bless all those who mentioned The Black Cauldron. Despite our movie's short comings, a decent dark ride of it at the Disney theme parks could easily restore its popularity.

ORWEN: Yes! Just look at Alice in Wonderland--another supposed 'failure' from Disney that always manages to attract a long line at Disneyland!

• -

Quote Originally Posted by ttintagel View Post
    Also, I'm pretty sure this is just me, but I'd love a Black Hole ride. Maximilian is one scary robot.
    It's not just you. I think this would make a great ride as well. I would also like to see a meet and greet of Bob, Vincent, and Maximillian in Tomorrowland like they do with the Star Wars characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway Guru View Post
    Anyway, when I was a kid, I designed a "Pete's Dragon" dark ride. In the first scene, you rode down the main street of Passamaquoddy next to the invisible Elliott, watching signs move as he "bumped into them." At the same time, you saw his footprints appear in the fresh cement right next to your ride car. I think I subconsciously picked up on the "you are the main character" gimmick.
    I think a Pete's Dragon ride would be so cool. That is my favorite Disney movie. I picture the show stopper would be an animatronic of Pete flying on Elliot. The Elliot portion would have more enhanced movements than Ursula and the Pete portion of it would have even more fluid motion than the auctioneer on Pirates.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco21 View Post
    I would love a villain dark ride where PFF is. Every time I watch Sleeping Beauty I think how amazing it would be to have Maleficent's Castle on the Forbidden Mountain. The only problem could be that Maleficent's castle is way cooler looking then Sleeping Beauty's Castle.
    Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding! We have a winner! Yes, I have also thought how cool of contrast it would be to have Maleficent's castle located somewhere behind sleeping beauty's castle. "The Forbidden Mountain" would make a really cool ride as well.

• Embrace the kitsch!

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    I think a Pete's Dragon ride would be so cool. That is my favorite Disney movie. I picture the show stopper would be an animatronic of Pete flying on Elliot. The Elliot portion would have more enhanced movements than Ursula and the Pete portion of it would have even more fluid motion than the auctioneer on Pirates.
    You wouldn't need that kind of enhanced motion just for a flying scene, unless you made it more like the Mermaid ride. I was thinking about more of a Fantasyland type ride, and those rely more on big special effects than elaborate animatronics w/ subtle motions. Dark rides go so fast that you don't have time for subtle.

Oh, but how about this: Pete's on Elliott's back, both are in motion...and Elliott disappears. Combine animatronics w/ Pepper's Ghost.
    Disneyland Historic Preservation Society
    Charter Member

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway Guru View Post
    You wouldn't need that kind of enhanced motion just for a flying scene, unless you made it more like the Mermaid ride. I was thinking about more of a Fantasyland type ride, and those rely more on big special effects than elaborate animatronics w/ subtle motions. Dark rides go so fast that you don't have time for subtle.

Oh, but how about this: Pete's on Elliott's back, both are in motion...and Elliott disappears. Combine animatronics w/ Pepper's Ghost.
    I can also see this being used with the gag from the beginning of the movie when Pete tells Elliot to remain invisibile and Elliot tries to just make parts of his body invisible.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast