Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    111

    Talking Movie settings for disney movies

    Ok, so i am a person that likes to make maps and stuff like that, but i am creating a blueprint for a whole new redesigned disneyland that would be in an area the same size of the WDWR just for fun. Right now i am making the fantasyland portion for my map but the thing abut this fantasyland is that i want the disney movies to be incorporated with the setting. For example Pinnochio and Lady and the tramp are in italy so there attractions would be put next to each other, but the problem is that i don't know lots of the settings for disney movies. So i was wondering if anyone on micechat could help me find those settings. So here is the following list of movies of which i do not know the settings of:

    Adventures of ichabod and Mr.toad (please tell setting of both ichabod and mr.toad stories unless there in thesame place which i expect)
    sword in the stone
    aristocats
    the rescuers
    petes dragon
    James and the giant peach
    a bugs life
    the black cauldron
    toys story 1,2,3
    the incredibles

    oh and just to tell u that all the pixar movies are not going in fantasyland they will go into another theme park called pixarworld. Thanks

  2. #2

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Brea, CA
    Posts
    3,643

    Re: Movie settings for disney movies

    Quote Originally Posted by Disneyfreak88 View Post
    Ok, so i am a person that likes to make maps and stuff like that, but i am creating a blueprint for a whole new redesigned disneyland that would be in an area the same size of the WDWR just for fun. Right now i am making the fantasyland portion for my map but the thing abut this fantasyland is that i want the disney movies to be incorporated with the setting. For example Pinnochio and Lady and the tramp are in italy so there attractions would be put next to each other, but the problem is that i don't know lots of the settings for disney movies. So i was wondering if anyone on micechat could help me find those settings. So here is the following list of movies of which i do not know the settings of:
    Just to let you know, Lady and the Tramp takes place in America, not Italy. The town in Lady and the Tramp was based off Marceline, Missouri, Walt's childhood home.

    Adventures of ichabod and Mr.toad (please tell setting of both ichabod and mr.toad stories unless there in thesame place which i expect)
    Ichabod- New England (I want to say Virginia?)
    Mr. Toad- England

    sword in the stone
    Medieval England

    the rescuers
    Louisiana

    petes dragon
    Passamaquoddy, Maine

    a bugs life
    No specific location in the United States.

    toys story 1,2,3
    No specific location in the United States.

    the incredibles
    No specific location in the United States.

  3. #3

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    111

    Re: Movie settings for disney movies

    Oh opps i always thought lady and the tramp was in italy because of tonys restraunt thanks

  4. #4

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Brea, CA
    Posts
    3,643

    Re: Movie settings for disney movies

    Quote Originally Posted by Disneyfreak88 View Post
    Oh opps i always thought lady and the tramp was in italy because of tonys restraunt thanks
    Very common mistake.

  5. #5

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    1,315

    Re: Movie settings for disney movies

    The Legend of Sleepy Hollow (Ichabod) I believe takes place in New York sometime in the 1700s.

  6. #6

    • Embrace the kitsch!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Northern CA
    Posts
    1,040

    Re: Movie settings for disney movies

    Quote Originally Posted by Diznygrl View Post
    The Legend of Sleepy Hollow (Ichabod) I believe takes place in New York sometime in the 1700s.
    Specifically in Tarrytown, which is a real town in northern New York state.

    Tarrytown, New York - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Disneyland Historic Preservation Society
    Charter Member

  7. #7

    • Daughter of a DL worker
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The Dream Suite
    Posts
    392

    Re: Movie settings for disney movies

    Aristocats is in France around late 1800s.

    Who is this yellow bear? Where's Henry?
    My name is in 3rd edition HM book! I'm Mari who sent in #7 for "Honorable Mentions"

  8. #8

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Agrabah
    Posts
    11,068

    Re: Movie settings for disney movies

    Many outdoor scenes of Song of the South were shot in Phoenix! Not in the southeast it's portrayed to be.

Similar Threads

  1. Disney Movie Rewards for Meet the Robinsons
    By Skawt in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-23-2007, 03:46 PM
  2. Some artwork for upcoming Disney movies
    By Barbossa in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-02-2007, 01:41 PM
  3. Release Dates for 3 upcoming Disney movies
    By Barbossa in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-03-2006, 07:27 AM
  4. Disney Movies adjusted for inflation
    By tahoebob54 in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-07-2006, 01:38 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-12-2006, 12:03 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •