Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: TRAFFIC ALERT for SAT 10-1: Fatal Accident on Harbor Blvd Near DLR Entrance

Are they still conducting the investigation on Harbor or is traffic flowing through there again?

• Wishin' On A Star!!!!

Here's some recent info. Prayers and kind thoughts sent to all involved.

2 pedestrians die after being struck by van | police, dunn, harbor - News - The Orange County Register
    DisneyBroad54

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Very sad to hear. Wonder why the others in the van took off. Good to see that the driver stayed and took responsibility (if he really was the driver).
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Tigger_Twin89 View Post
    I hope the couple at least got to enjoy one last day in the parks together. May they rest in peace and my prayers go out to their families.
    Yes, prayers to the victims.

However, the victims likely weren't going to Disneyland. The accident happened at 4:10AM, so the people wouldn't have been going to Disneyland. They could have been workers going to an early morning shift at one of the Harbor motels, or waiting for the first OCTA bus of the morning to show up.

• Minion

The new article from the OC Register states alcohol was involved and the pedestrians involved were likely transients.

• DLR Cast Member

UPDATE: Harbor Blvd is open to normal traffic. Also, the Monorail is running normally.

I gotta give a shoutout to my fellow CM's who either had to adjust their workload to accommodate this incident, or dealth with changes in security and guest flow as a result of what happenned. They all performed impeccably under an extremely unusual and tragic situation. I'm very proud to be working with such a dedicated group of people.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by RiversOfAmerica View Post
    UPDATE: Harbor Blvd is open to normal traffic. Also, the Monorail is running normally.

I gotta give a shoutout to my fellow CM's who either had to adjust their workload to accommodate this incident, or dealth with changes in security and guest flow as a result of what happenned. They all performed impeccably under an extremely unusual and tragic situation. I'm very proud to be working with such a dedicated group of people.
    Thanks for the information, I send my prayers out to the families to those who were killed. I am sure they will be going through some tough times for quite a while now, as it is always hard to loose someone you love.

I tried to drop my wife and kids off in the 15 minute lot today before heading to Buzz. The traffic took us an extra 45 minutes to get down to Buzz before getting on the bus. All of the ART buses were going through the (former) Main parking entrance and letting people off.

On another note, we were walking over to Little Mermaid when they shut down the ride. CMs were blocking off people in a human shield. A few minutes later we came back and noticed the dogs were out checking a backpack. They let people back in after about 15-20 minutes when they searched the contents of the backpack and found nothing was inappropriate.

• Quiet As A Mouse!

It's a Secret........... Sssssssshhhhhhhh!!!!!!

I took the bus this morning and it got rerouted down Manchester Ave.
    I Get In. I Get Out. I Never Get Noticed!
    - From "Prep And Landing"

• Sock Puppet

Heard via ABC7's Eyewitness News that there was alchohol involved (nothing new there),but there was a picture on the van showing the front end which was compleatly crushed. my inference is that they must have been going WAY over the speed limit concidering the damage, not only were they under the influence of alchohol, but they also were driving over the speed limit too...
    Last edited by Disneylandfan67; 10-01-2011 at 11:23 PM. Reason: Corrected a few things

• Seeker of Fun

Terrible, terrible news.
    Stockholder and Walt Disney Autograph holder!!

I was crossing the street and reached clementine right before it happened. went to hotel spent a couple there and came back. They had Disney way and Harbor closed but were already cleaning. They took care of the accident fast.

Did not know that there was any fatality.

I have always been amazed on why Anaheim and Disneyland are not proactive and just go ahead and build predestrian bridges. The amount of people on those streets is huge and the traffic is always busy. I wish there was a way to just make a large chunk of Harbor a pedestrian only pathway with the street going underground

• Minion

Do what Vegas has build mini walls against the streets and build bridges the only way over is the bridge and no one is ever in the street

It's a music Celebration
    Come on, come on, come on
    Strike up the band,
    Feel the beat, what a great sensation
    Come on, come on, come on
    Move and clap your hands,
    Get into the Spirit
    Let everyone hear it,
    So come on, come on

That could work but might look a bit tacky and cluttered.

I was thinking more inline to what they did on the west side of the resort. The way they linked DTD to the Disneyland Hotel works great its safe and it looks great.

• Disney is home

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    That could work but might look a bit tacky and cluttered.

I was thinking more inline to what they did on the west side of the resort. The way they linked DTD to the Disneyland Hotel works great its safe and it looks great.
    But Harbor is filled with many Hotels and Restaurants.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast