Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• "Roast Duck"

Enchanted Tiki Room

Well...got a chance to get a "sneak peek" at the redone TIKI ROOM tonight on March 11th...its supposed to be "officially" opened on the 12th...but tonight around 6 or 7pm, they started letting people try it. It looks way cool, the torches outside of the queue add nice effects at night...
    Went to a party the other night
    All the ladies were treating me right
    Moving my feet to the disco beat
    How in the world could I keep my seat
    All of a sudden I began to change
    I was on the dance floor acting strange
    Flapping my arms I began to cluck
    Look at me..I'm the disco duck

"Do the Disco Duck!!!"

• e komo mai

I'd like to hear all the details...

• Minion

aww......i so wish i could have been there tonite to see it......i saw the torches lit last nite and they look so awesome......i wont be at the park again until sunday cuz thats when i work next and so i'll just have to check it out then.......im so happy that it opened on time......now lets just hope that space reopens on time too.......*crosses fingers*....."all the birds sing words and the flowers croon in the Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Room"
    "Something Wicked This Way Comes....."

"You know what you got to do when life brings you down, you swim. Just keep swimming, swimming swimming......" ---Dory

"A Princess in search of her Prince Charming.....or close to it....If you think you are him or know him please send a message or resume......"

• Senior Minion

Please let's hear the details.. PLEEEEAAASSSSSEE!!!! thanks
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Left the church, but not the parishioners.
    Just went today. The new entrance is just gorgeous! It is emblazoned by a flaming torch on either side. Torches also rest atop the Juice Bar, and I'm not sure if they had these before, but I had a Dole Whip Float (a big swirl of Whip floating atop a glass of pineapple juice), complete with paper umbrella and cherries.

Anyway, the classic Dole Hawaii promotional video plays once again on the no-longer-faded video screen! Also, the pre-show looks fabulous, and the sound system has been tweaked so it's much easier to hear all the gods now.

Inside looks just fabulous. Literally every little detail, down to the smallest feather, has been refurbished. Also, the very noticable "clicking" from the AAs has been drastically minimized. Jose and his 3 fellow hosts look just gorgeous, even their tongues resting just inside their beaks! And the ladies' chorus is brilliant and white again.

The show itself has not changed - but it is definitely refreshed to the point it feels like watching it again for the very first time, and looks like a brand new attraction! And, they filled the house, with more lined up outside!

I also went on Tiki last night at the last showing, its awesome! im not tellin =oP go to Disneyland!
    Current DL Entertainment Technical Services

Former DCA Attractions CM

• Jerm is Food...Not Friend

About 5 min from where the Magic really started
    Visited it today, it looks great. The new Tiki Garden set up is nice with the expanded Dole bar, didn't get much chance to walk around because it was packed... they were actaully turning people away from the show we were in. As far as the show goes it is amazing, from top to bottem it is spotless. I have never seen all the tiki poles work and look as good as they did. I really like the way you can tell they updated the show lighting but it still looks liek the old can lighting from the 60's.

J
    Kungaloosh!

*END OF LINE*

Saw it today, Very happy with it

Walt's love of Trains!

• Yes ... Wicked! ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyphile
    ... and I'm not sure if they had these before, but I had a Dole Whip Float (a big swirl of Whip floating atop a glass of pineapple juice), complete with paper umbrella and cherries.

OH YEAH!! The dole whip is not new! It is a great treat! There are people I know who pay addmission JUST to come in and get dole whip. Disneyland and the Dole Factory (in Hawaii) are the ONLY two places to get it!!

I like the float version a LOT better then the ice cream it's self. The ice cream is a little too sweet for me.

• Just this guy......

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyphile
    And the ladies' chorus is brilliant and white again.
    I'm glad to hear this. They have been dark gray for the past few years.

• Santa Barbara, CA

Wow. Gotta get down there to see it.Ahloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooha!
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

This is a very pleasant turn (and hopefully a good sign of what we can depend upon from the new management of the park). This has always been one of my very favorite attractions ... you really get a sense of connecting with Walt directly on this one.

I am so glad to hear they've decided to restore this in time for the big party this summer! In fact, it seems to me that there is a concerted effort to buff up the areas directly connected to the hub (circle-vision theater refitted with Buzz, Castle cleaned and repainted, Tiki Room refurbed).

• e komo mai

I guess we gotta give credit to Cast Member Matt for how great it looks. This makes me very happy. Can't wait to see it!

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries
    There is so much to see and so much to comment about......

I will say that I felt like I was in the same old wonderful Tiki Room, with the exception of it looking perfectly sparklingly brand new. The sound is surprising, even after hearing the talk about it. The paint job looks wonderful.

The restoration was flawless. Incredible. Wonderful. Happy. And the rumble seat is a-rumbling.
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast