Is this "appropriate" for the Mickey's Not-So-Scary... ?

My wife has been wanting to dress up as ALICE ... not from the Disney movie, but from the American McGee video game Alice: Madness Returns.

However, the costume from the game has some blood on it. (see a photo here: American McGees Alice Adult Costume - Costumes, 68450 )

Would this be considered unacceptable by Disney folkes? I didn't see a rule that said "no blood"... but maybe I missed it. Definitely don't want to get there and have to turn around... if her costume doesn't pass muster. As adult Alice costumes go, this one isn't that short (its actually much longer in real life than it appears in the photo)... so I am not worried about the length being too...suggestive. Just the blood.

Thanks for any advice.

Re: Is this "appropriate" for the Mickey's Not-So-Scary... ?

I don't see anything wrong with that costume. Doesn't look too revealing. And the blood would hardly scare most children. And even though it's disneyland, if a child scares that easy it should be left at home.

• Sharing a Paopu Fruit

Blog Entries

While I don't personally see anything wrong with that costume, however...other folks have reported having been asked to make modifications to their costumes when blood was involved (such as wiping the blood off/covering it up/being asked to change). The group I am going with were all quite disappointed to hear that.

I have not read a rule that states "no blood", so it could be worth a try (especially if the costume was done in a way that the blood could be removed if necessary?).

Maybe when Disney states "no violence" that means blood as well?

•   
    • Support MC - Go GOLD!

According to Disney's Website:

Costume Information
    All event attendees — including adults — may dress in their favorite Halloween costume and must follow these and other guidelines:

• Costumes should be child-friendly and may not be obstructive, offensive or violent.
    • Guests may wear masks. However, masks must not obstruct vision and eyes must be visible at all times.
    • Guests who dress like Disney Characters may not pose for pictures or sign autographs for other Guests.
    • Costumes should not drag on the ground.
    • Costumes should not contain sharp objects, pointed objects or materials that may accidentally strike another Guest.
    • Costumes should not contain any weapons which resemble or could easily be mistaken for an actual weapon.
    • Guests of all ages may only wear costumes to the Disneyland Resort Halloween event to which they have valid tickets.

Guests who do not adhere to these guidelines may be refused entry intunlesso the event his or her costume can be modified to meet the above standards.

Source: Mickey's Halloween Party at Disneyland Park
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• I'm from Canada eh!

Everything but the blood. Can she get another apron? It would suck to get there and be asked to change...

• Future Cast Member

The blood is the issue, but she could easily still have the costume by getting a normal Alice costume and just finding similar boots and stockings as the scary Alice one, and then just do her hair and makeup the same way and it'll easily have the same effect

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • The Future is in RED?

Moving, somewhere in time...but mostly stuck in SoCal in the County of Orange

Quote Originally Posted by Meville View Post
    Everything but the blood. Can she get another apron? It would suck to get there and be asked to change...
    Pretty much that's what I would chime in about the apron, the rest of the costume is fine.

Timekeeper
    Now the Tower of Sauron has fallen
    Also, this picture and my Avatar was taken with a Nintendo DSi System and Nyko Magnification Lens & Case for DSi.

• Sock Puppet

Yeah, the only thing that I see wrong with the outfit would be the blood. Although you may be unable to change out the apron, I do not think, with such tough rules that Disney has on costumes during the party, I would reccomend, if able to, I would see if you could replace the apron, otherwise, that isn't a costume that would be acceptable for the park. :/ I wish I could help more.

• Senior Minion

Caption for the costume:

"Rabbit? *burp* ...What rabbit?"
    Last edited by Mr Wiggins; 10-06-2011 at 11:05 PM.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

•   
    • Support MC - Go GOLD!

I'm also not sure Disney wants their sweet Alice to be associated with
    A terrorizing trip to the asylum has turned this cute and curious character into a cute and curious killer.
    It's the caption under the name of the outfit.
    I agree, bring another apron in case Disney doesn't go for the "blood/killer look".
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by DLFreak71 View Post
    I'm also not sure Disney wants their sweet Alice to be associated with

It's the caption under the name of the outfit.
    I agree, bring another apron in case Disney doesn't go for the "blood/killer look".
    *shrugs* it's not THEIR Alice though, they just happen to have a famous adaptation of it.

•   
    • Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by noleafclover1980 View Post
    *shrugs* it's not THEIR Alice though, they just happen to have a famous adaptation of it.
    Correct
    but I'm guessing Disney still sees the character as theirs
    Quote by Al:
    -Al Lutz

• DLR Cast Member

THe blood will more than likely be an issue. I've seen them turn away guest with blood incorporated into their costumes or makeup.

• Indiana Scott

Maybe the apron could just be turned over to the "clean" side.