Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

1965 Honeymoon at Disneyland Hotel

Back on October 2, 1965 my parents got married and decided to spend part of their honeymoon at Disneyland and the hotel. The other day I had to change the storage unit for my mom to a new one and found her shoe box she kept all their honeymoon receipts, pamphlets, sugar packets and anything else they could get for free to remember that time by. So I thought I would scan in all these documents and post some of them here to share so everyone can see what some other Disney things looked like back then and after 46 years of sitting in the same Florsheim's shoe box.

This is their hotel receipt for the few days they stayed. Wouldn't that be nice to pay that only for a few nights now?!

This is the Guest Opinion Sheet you can fill out or mail back in. Front and back pics - notice glue at top. I love that there is no street address really. Just the number to mail it to.

Hotel Napkin

Disneyland Parking Ticket. Not exactly sure if this is 1965, but I don't recall it ever being 25 cents in the 80's.

And their bag they got at the Candy Palace.

I have more things from their 1965 honeymoon, like sugar packets, wet/dry bag from the hotel room, their hotel room key!!!! (for shame!), and different types of matchbooks but I want to take a picture of them and post later. But for now, here is some things from their return visit 20 years later!

This is the hotel receipt.

Hotel coupon for the following 2 months promo. They did not take advantage of this coupon but I am glad they didn't cause now I have it! LOL

Their passports for the day.

The Gift Givers Extraordinaire tickets handed out to every guest durning the 30th birthday year promo. Sadly no winning for my parents.

Their nice breakfast meal at the River Belle Terrace receipt. Love those prices and miss them so!

Not sure if this is also from 1965 or from 1985 but it is the info packet/envelope about your room and such they hand you at check in.

This last piece I have no clue why they got it but it does have some interesting stuff on it. Looks like a partial map to the hotel and has some info but not sure why they highlighted Advertising then drew it to the building down the path.

Hope you all enjoyed a brief visit into a different look at the Disneyland Hotel and some memories that somehow survived 46 years. I wish my parents had that Disney magic left in em, but after 27 and a half years they divorced, which makes this box even more special as I am surprised it wasn't thrown out long ago. Thanks mom for saving this!!!

The box also has Vacation Village, Seaworld and Jolly Roger napkins, sugar packets, receipts and other fun things! If you want to see any, let me know and I'll scan 'em and post 'em!

• ---------------

Re: 1965 Honeymoon at Disneyland Hotel

very cool. Thanks for posting.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Missing my AP

That is very cool. It brought my first smile of the day!
    It is funny how a somewhat silly thing like keeping a ticket or a popcorn bag can bring a little joy to someone many years later, not to mention to total strangers all over the world. Can't wait to see the rest.
    "...It's dead wore out I be...a might too fast these light footed wenches be, for the likes of an old swagbellied pirate such as I..."

"*click-click-click-click-click-click-click.......sploosh!!*"(Sir Didymus)

• Hooterville, USA

I am so jealous! We honeymooned at a Holiday Inn in Kansas and it will never be confused with the Disneyland Hotel.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Done with MC.

Great stuff - thx for posting!

That was wonderful!
    Surprised at the dot matrix 1985 River Belle receipt. I thought at that point, they were still on the manual registers like they had on Main St.
    Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

Very cool stuff and some items I hadn't ever seen before.

---------- Post added 10-07-2011 at 10:02 AM ----------

Just looked at the date from the 1965 receipt. They checked out one day before the Hotel's tenth anniversary.

• AP holder 400 miles away

awesome stuff! thanks for posting

Thank you all! I love this little box of goodies my mom saved. I wish I could go back in time to see these moments when they saved this stuff to see what was going on with them.

I am sending you the scans I have so far oldhotelguy.

I have been so busy lately that I haven't had much time for the internet but I stayed up to post those after I scanned them. I had to share my geekdom. I am gone for a week tomorrow but should have a calmer time when I get back from vacation so I can scan in more and take pics of the rest. I think one of the oddest pieces I got was an elongated sugar cube, rectangular, that is paper wrapped from the Jolly Roger there in Anaheim. Can't wait to share it all!

Quote Originally Posted by Executioner View Post
    Back on October 2, 1965 my parents got married and decided to spend part of their honeymoon at Disneyland and the hotel. The other day I had to change the storage unit for my mom to a new one and found her shoe box she kept all their honeymoon receipts, pamphlets, sugar packets and anything else they could get for free to remember that time by. So I thought I would scan in all these documents and post some of them here to share so everyone can see what some other Disney things looked like back then and after 46 years of sitting in the same Florsheim's shoe box.

This is their hotel receipt for the few days they stayed. Wouldn't that be nice to pay that only for a few nights now?!

This is the Guest Opinion Sheet you can fill out or mail back in. Front and back pics - notice glue at top. I love that there is no street address really. Just the number to mail it to.

Hotel Napkin

Disneyland Parking Ticket. Not exactly sure if this is 1965, but I don't recall it ever being 25 cents in the 80's.

And their bag they got at the Candy Palace.

I have more things from their 1965 honeymoon, like sugar packets, wet/dry bag from the hotel room, their hotel room key!!!! (for shame!), and different types of matchbooks but I want to take a picture of them and post later. But for now, here is some things from their return visit 20 years later!

This is the hotel receipt.

Hotel coupon for the following 2 months promo. They did not take advantage of this coupon but I am glad they didn't cause now I have it! LOL

Their passports for the day.

The Gift Givers Extraordinaire tickets handed out to every guest durning the 30th birthday year promo. Sadly no winning for my parents.

Their nice breakfast meal at the River Belle Terrace receipt. Love those prices and miss them so!

Not sure if this is also from 1965 or from 1985 but it is the info packet/envelope about your room and such they hand you at check in.

This last piece I have no clue why they got it but it does have some interesting stuff on it. Looks like a partial map to the hotel and has some info but not sure why they highlighted Advertising then drew it to the building down the path.

Hope you all enjoyed a brief visit into a different look at the Disneyland Hotel and some memories that somehow survived 46 years. I wish my parents had that Disney magic left in em, but after 27 and a half years they divorced, which makes this box even more special as I am surprised it wasn't thrown out long ago. Thanks mom for saving this!!!

The box also has Vacation Village, Seaworld and Jolly Roger napkins, sugar packets, receipts and other fun things! If you want to see any, let me know and I'll scan 'em and post 'em!
    The info packet envelope has to be from 1985 becuase the Marina Tower opened in late 1969 early 1970. The last item is most interesting in that it shows what they were using the original Garden Structures for in the mid 80's. According to this, most, if not all of the rooms were used as offices of some kind and not as guest rooms. I knew the Hotel was doing this but I had no idea of the level they were doing it. Looks like they located most everything there. Very, very interesting.

awesome post! thanks for sharing!

I finally got most of the box catalogued and now I present to you some more stuff from the past my mom had saved between their honeymoon and their 20th anniversary.

Their bag from the hotel room to keep wet clothes and the like in from 1965.

My personal favorite, their room key from 1965.

1965 DL Hotel matchbook front and back.

1965 DL Hotel matchbook inside.

1985 DL Hotel matchbook front and back.

1985 DL Hotel soap bar. Notice the little worn section matches the one on the hotel key. They got stuck together.

1965 DL Hotel sugar packet front and back.

On to other places for their honeymoon and anniversary...... Let's start with the Jolly Roger Hotel.
    1965 Coffee/Drink Stirrer.

1965 Jolly Roger dual sugar cube packet.

1965 Jolly Roger napkins.

Onto Vacation Village in San Diego.

1965 Vacation Village sugar packet.

Vacation Village napkins from 1985 after Princess Cruises bought them.

Polynesian Princess napkins. The Polynesian Princess was a restaurant/bar in Vacation Village.

Th Miramar Hotel napkin.

Red Robin restaurant.

I hope you all enjoyed these. I have more to come, I just have to adjust them and whatnot before posting. It's fun to look through the history of different places through these small trinkets, souvenirs and the like.

^I love Red Robin, but there's a Wendy's at this location today!

Yeah I had to look it up to find out. I don't believe this is the same Red Robin we know of today. Although the Red Robin today does have great fries and the Burnin' Love Burger!!!!!!

• hogwarts + disneyland = ♥

Thanks for posting these well preserved keepsakes! I love having these glimpses into the past.

flower gleam & glow...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast