• Minion

DLR Moms Panel anyone?

WDW has the "Moms Panel" (not just moms) where you can ask questions about anything about your WDW trip or Adventures by Disney, DCL, and so on, and they're answered by an "independent contractor" (Disney Moms Panelist). A few weeks ago they announced openings in the Moms Panel for WDW AND DLR. I believe this is a first for DLR as I've never seen anything like it on the website. A girlfriend pointed it out to me and I applied--and so excited that I made it to Round 2!!! Anyone else??? The program is still run out of WDW but is definitely for DLR and they asked a DLR-specific question in Round 1. We have to log on to the website for additional questions tomorrow at 9am EST. Um, hello--some of us are West coasters . We also have to submit a 60-second video of ourselves. Anyway, just wanted to see if there are other Micechatters in Round 2! If so, GOOD LUCK!!!

Re: DLR Moms Panel anyone?

I made Round 2 for DLR - I am so nervous - Good luck & congrats!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by wannabejack View Post
    I made Round 2 for DLR - I am so nervous - Good luck & congrats!
    Woo hoo!!!!! DLR represent!! Best of luck to you too!

• Indiana Scott

Sounds great ~ good luck to both of you!

• Haunted Mansion Lover

I applied but did not get selected . Any pointers for the application next time? I wish you both the best of luck and please keep us posted!!!!!
    Foolish Mortal

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by doombuggy driver View Post
    I applied but did not get selected . Any pointers for the application next time? I wish you both the best of luck and please keep us posted!!!!!
    I'm not really sure why mine was accepted so I don't really have any advice. Two of my friends also applied and did not make it to Round 2 either, so I think it was a pretty harsh cut. Thanks for the luck, and I'll definitely keep everyone posted .

Thank you so much for all of the support! I would have come back sooner to fill you all in but it has been a crazy week for sure! From panning out my question responses to filming the actual 60 second video to go along with my submission.

Quote Originally Posted by doombuggy driver View Post
    I am not too sure on any pointers but I know that the people looking at the applications really push for correct spelling and proper use of grammar. Other than that, I am not too sure of what makes an app. pass or not. Even though all the thousands of entries are read, I think that the first 2 rounds are more of a contest than based on your ability and knowledge. (This is my first year so I am not too sure, these have just been my observations)

I have created a small blog documenting what has happened so far, if you would like to check that out:

Dreaming of Disney

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by wannabejack View Post
    Even though all the thousands of entries are read, I think that the first 2 rounds are more of a contest than based on your ability and knowledge.
    I totally believe this is true. It seemed like the opening questions had basically nothing to do with any kind of advice you'd give others and everything to do with how enthusiastic you were about the park(s) and only allude to tips you might give others. The second round, both questions were clear that they wanted specific hints for others. I think weeding out the improper grammar and mechanics of writing was a primary consideration that first round. I was reading the WDW Moms Panel question board and everyone had near-perfect grammar, and I'm sure they don't want to spend their training time teaching you the difference between its and it's or there/their/they're.

Honestly, it NEVER occurred to me to research how anyone else made it into the process. I just answered the questions on my own. My video was just about me, filmed by my husband with our normal camera. No editing needed. I wrote out my spiel, practiced it a billion times, then taped it to the wall right above the camera if I needed to refer to it. I was very happy with the results, but now I'm not sure what other people did.

Where did you find that information? And where did you find the 20,000/100 for 15 spots information?

Edited to add: Good luck to you too!!!!! It would be so awesome if one or more of us Micechatters made it .

I got the information from different videos from Youtube as well as what some people had said online, to me the number seems a tad inflated. Also at the same time, it doesn't, since Disney is adding more aspects to the Panel, like the Disneyland Resort. I am really pleased with my entry but very nervous.

Half the time I feel I will be moving on and getting the phone interview in Round 3, with the rest of the time just wanting the rejection e-mail just to get it over with. It's all so confusing, does anybody else feel the same?

I guess we will just have to wait and see - Good luck to you too!

• Minion

Ah, cool! I feel the same way. It's like ripping off a band-aid. I mean, if it's going to be discouraging news I'd rather rip the thing off all at once sooner rather than later and get it over with . I'm not a patient waiter.

I feel like I have a solid application and that I did the best I could, so if I don't make it, it's not because I didn't try hard enough, you know? Maybe they're just not looking for someone like me.

• Sock Puppet

Congrats to both of you guys! It's great to hear that some MiceChatters are currently running for the Moms Pannel, and I wish everyone the best of luck!