• Minion

Help with contact for website tech support?! Desperate!!!

I fear I have completely screwed myself up. Okay, here's the situation--I applied for the WDW Moms Panel. To do so I had to login with my Disney account, which had a login name of my email address plus a password. Then on Friday I lost my password and thought hey, now's a good time to work all that out! So I requested a password reset and got a message that I had two accounts under my email address, one with a "nickname" as the login name (a very common nickname I use for many online accounts, created in 2005, so it was definitely me) and another account with my email address as the login name. The "nickname" account was listed as my primary account, but I don't have the password for that one either (because I'm smart like that) so I changed the primary account to my email address account and then I clicked the little thingy that said "I no longer use this account" for the "nickname" account.

So I applied for the Moms Panel under my email address account, but then later changed the status of that account to primary and changed the password. This turned out to be a HUGE mistake because I made it to Round 2 of the Moms Panel and was supposed to login with the exact same login I used the first time to get the next set of questions and instructions for a video, which is due by Friday. Well guess what? I get an error message saying "We're sorry, but we cannot validate your login against our database of approved applicants." OMG. WHAT HAVE I DONE???

It says if you have trouble logging in, send an email to "[email protected]" but as far as I can tell, this email address is for ALL website issues or guest service issues, and I'm REALLY scared that my little email is going to get lost in their queue and they'll get around to looking at it like Monday or something--beyond the deadline for submitting my answers for the Moms Panel.

Is there a phone number I can call or something? Anyone have any experience with this member services email address? Am I freaking out over nothing and just need to be patient? Am I totally [insert expletive]??? I looked at the "contact us" page and the "tech services" there was only regarding making travel reservations.

Sorry this is so long but thank you for reading and I hope someone can offer some insight!

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

Re: Help with contact for website tech support?! Desperate!!!

I'd recommend e-mailing the address you have. If you don't get a response within 24-48 hours, then I'd start calling around to see if you can find someone who will be able to fix this before Friday. However, I'd start with that e-mail address. I hope you get that rectified!

• Hooterville, USA

Create a new e-mail account and then sign on as a new person.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Quacky4Donald View Post
    I'd recommend e-mailing the address you have. If you don't get a response within 24-48 hours, then I'd start calling around to see if you can find someone who will be able to fix this before Friday. However, I'd start with that e-mail address. I hope you get that rectified!
    Okay, I did that. I think I need to stop freaking out so much. I just wonder how long it takes them to answer their emails. I've worked in IT and know that if that's the main account for the entire site, my ticket may not come up for a while.

I'd create a new account but the acceptance is based on your original account which is the one I changed, hence the problem. Ack!

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

Quote Originally Posted by ShelbyH View Post
    Okay, I did that. I think I need to stop freaking out so much. I just wonder how long it takes them to answer their emails. I've worked in IT and know that if that's the main account for the entire site, my ticket may not come up for a while.

I'd create a new account but the acceptance is based on your original account which is the one I changed, hence the problem. Ack!
    I had a similar problem when I opened an account with Tout. I accidentally created two accounts, one under my e-mail address and another under my Twitter account. I e-mailed them on a Saturday afternoon and it was fixed that night! I was very impressed with their customer service. I hope you have just as great an experience with this customer service team. Good luck!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Quacky4Donald View Post
    I had a similar problem when I opened an account with Tout. I accidentally created two accounts, one under my e-mail address and another under my Twitter account. I e-mailed them on a Saturday afternoon and it was fixed that night! I was very impressed with their customer service. I hope you have just as great an experience with this customer service team. Good luck!
    Thank you! Fingers crossed...

---------- Post added 10-10-2011 at 02:32 PM ----------

GOOD NEWS!!! I used the tech support line for the guest services line and spoke with a rep who walked me through every step. She was fabulous and now I'm in! Cross your fingers for me