Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Minion

A Better Adventureland?

I love Adventureland and it's one of my favorite lands in Disneyland,but it's so small and it's near impossible to expand.My question is what would you like to see added to adventureland?It doesn't have to be as big as a ride or anything it can even be a new meet and greet,Just something to make up for the small space.

• Ewok

Re: A Better Adventureland?

id like to see tarzan and jane at tarzans treehouse ive never seen them before.

• Insomniac

I'd like to see live animals with trainers out and about where you can go up and pet them. Nothing major just a few animals that come out so you can see them.
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

They can start with an updated Tahitian Terrace and Swiss Family Treehouse.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Adventureland iis my favorite of all the lands, too!

Go back to the days prior to the construction of Indy, and you wouldn't have thought there would be a way to add an amazingly themed e-ticket anywhere in Adventureland, but sure enough ~ the imagineers were able unearth an Indy adventure! And there are still things that can be done and added to this great area.

The Jungle Cruise had several changes just prior to the official start of DL's 50th Anniversary. And I certainly think there would be an opportunity to add some more excitement to this attraction.

Something needs to be done about the cartoony fiberglass (or whatever) critters that inhabit the treehouse. They either need to be more realistic or just switch it back to the Swiss Family Treehouse.

I would like to see the fastpass for Indy go away. That would give more room for something else AND it would clear up the congested mess at the entrance to Indy. That bit of space might work as some additional seating for the Bengal BBQ
    The Aladdin's Oasis area is under utilized. A dinner show would appear to be the most logica addition ~ as it has served as home to the Tahitian Terrace and the Aladdin Dinner Show. (and with food service being made available on the adjacent plaza pavillion.

There was a quesiton presented to all of DL's land's as to where each of those lands could add an attraction, to increase overall park capacity. As for a solution to that question for Adventureland, they could, with proper funding, expand out into the area which is now occupied by the picnic and locker area outside DL. So, an expansion of Adventureland is not impossible.
    Last edited by Aladdin; 10-16-2011 at 10:12 AM. Reason: correct spelling

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post

Something needs to be done about the cartoony fiberglass (or whatever) critters that inhabit the treehouse. They either need to be more realistic or just switch it back to the Swiss Family Treehouse.
    Yes, a return to the Swiss Family Treehouse would be ideal.

I would like to see the fastpass for Indy go away. That would give more room for something else AND it would clear up the congested mess at the entrance to Indy.
    YES!

The Aladdin's Oasis area is under utilized. A dinner show would ...be the most logical ~ as it has served as home to the Tahitian Terrace and the Aladdin Dinner Show.
    Yes, they need to bring back a show here....I'd prefer the TT to the Aladdin show, but am open to new ideas too.

There was talk the quesiton being presented to all of DL's land's as to where each of those lands could add an attraction, to increase overall park capacity. As for a solution to that question for Adventureland, they could, with proper funding, expand out into the area which is now occupied by the picnic and locker area out side DL. So, an expansion of Advaentureland is not impossible.
    While this is true, I think the park has too many must see attractions on this particular Spoke as it is.....they need to add something to the Frontierland spoke and the Tomorrowland too.
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

IF FP goes away on Indy...I'll never ride it again....not waiting 40 mins for a ride I've been on over 5o times....I do agree they need more room for the FP entrance but getting rid of it would suck.

As for what I'd like to see I would like to see some sort of runaway mini ride where you go through the jungle...a mine...and finish in a temple.

I would also not mind a restaurant with a live show,

Lastly an Aladdin Dark ride.....where you fly on magic carpets though the key scenes in the movie

• Minion

Take the figures out of Tarzan's Treehouse in favor of additional propping to give it more of a lived in post-movie/during the TV show time period. Like souvenirs from various adventures and maybe an addition in the camp area of a closed off pit to Pelucidar where you can hear dinosaur noises coming out.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

• I won't grow up!

While I too would like to see the return of the Swiss Family Robinson Tree House, its just not feesable. I mean the generation comming into the parks now either have a faint idea or no clue about the signifigance of that. While it would be great, it makes no sense. But, putting tarzan and Jane there would be awesome.

And the live animal showcase is a fantastic idea!!

Working daily to infect my two little princesses with Disney obsession

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by Rose Red View Post
    While I too would like to see the return of the Swiss Family Robinson Tree House, its just not feesable. I mean the generation comming into the parks now either have a faint idea or no clue about the signifigance of that. While it would be great, it makes no sense. But, putting tarzan and Jane there would be awesome.

And the live animal showcase is a fantastic idea!!
    I'm 42 and when I was a kid all I knew about Swiss Family Robinson was that it was a Disney movie about a family that lived in a treehouse. You didnt even need to know that much about the movie to enjoy the attraction.

And when you went in the treehouse it was a wonderful experience - you wanted to live there too! It didn't matter whether or not you knew every plot detail of the movie. The point of the treehouse was never meant to be a movie experience. It was simply meant to provide a wonderful escape into a world that you really wish was true.

• 2 shots on the rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    IF FP goes away on Indy...I'll never ride it again....not waiting 40 mins for a ride I've been on over 5o times....I do agree they need more room for the FP entrance but getting rid of it would suck.
    Good. Get rid of FP all together. We go once or twice a year so we don't mind waiting in line at all, it's part of the experience.

• Minion

I hope they bring DeVine from Animal Kingdom I love to see her camofloge into different areas.Also their is another camofloge type person ran by the same company but instead of vines he camoflouges by rocks.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by imaginashton View Post
    I hope they bring DeVine from Animal Kingdom I love to see her camofloge into different areas.Also their is another camofloge type person ran by the same company but instead of vines he camoflouges by rocks.
    What is DeVine? Is it a costume where the person is on stilts and it's covered all over with vines? If that's the case then they were a DCA several years ago.

• Minion

^ yup

I'd Be Cool If They Had Indiana Jones, Tarzan, & Jane Walking Around. It Seems Most Of The Meet & Greets Are In Bigger Parts Of The Park. Like Fantasyland, Tomorrowland, Main Street, ETC. If They Had Different Meet & Greets In Adventureland, I'd Probably Be There More Often! I'm Usually Only There For Indie, The Jungle Cruise, And The Treehouse.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast