• Not Sure :/

7 17.07%
  • Yes, but only at DCA

10 24.39%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Minion

Disneyland Resort Haunt Disscusion Thread

There's been alot of things said about this subject.Some people think it would be a great idea to have a haunt at either parks.Others find it to adult themed for the resort and is not very "Disney". In my opinion I'm just not sure, the haunt buisness is obviously booming with a multitude of haunts in the So Cal area,but thats my point exactly.Do we really need another haunt?Halloween Haunt,HHN,Dark harbor,Fright Fest,The Haunted Hotel,Ghost Ship,Castle Dark,etc thier are just so many.On the other hand each haunt brings something new to the table,The movie studio quality and terror tram of Halloween horror nights,the number of mazes at Knott's (not to mention that it's the first haunted theme park and the biggest haunted attraction in the world),and fright fest is just now getting better.Which side do you stand on?

---------- Post added 10-16-2011 at 05:11 PM ----------

?

Re: Disneyland Resort Haunt Disscusion Thread

I have never been to DisneyLand for Halloween, but I could see family friendly walk through with character experiences happening in the future that would be spooky but not scary. It would be fun to see them come up with more creative takes on a walk-through, sort of like 'Dia De Los Muertos' at Knotts.

If they did go for something for more scary they could sell pendents that light up that would 'protect' guests from scary elements.

• Minion

No no no no no no nonononononononono. For one, the DLR is a family resort, and two, they don't need another private event to close early for. I hate being scared. That's why I like Disneyland. Not everyone thinks it's fun to be scared out of their wits. Plus Knott's set the bar really really highly for Haunts and I think the others are just knockoffs.

That said, we went to Camp Spooky yesterday, which is the kid's daytime Camp Snoopy Halloween event at Knott's and they did have a cute maze for little kids, plus a craft and candy giveaway (like one Dum-Dum lollipop). I think Disneyland could do a non-scary maze that would be fun for whole families.

• Yeah...I'm cool

I like the Holloween party they have now, it was perfect for my kids, and I enjoyed it too.
    spunky likes to suck that 3rd nipple(why am I your sig line........freak)! - Posted by my good friend Samsma

• -

Disney found its niche for Halloween parties. They have cornered the market on the family friendly, not scary, fun type of party. They do this very well. My advice: Don't mess with perfection.
    "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

I would love some cool Ghost Stories being told on the Mark Twain......Big Thunder and Matterhorn getting some "spooky" overlays like Ghost Galaxy and Villains Show performed on the Rivers of America and they have an event I want to go to.....as of right now to me its not worth the cash when there are MANY other options for Halloween Events but for Families its perfect but I always think its dumb not to try to appeal to EVERYONE you can cause they're losing money from many people from just putting candy in the park, a small parade and a firework show

• -

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    I would love some cool Ghost Stories being told on the Mark Twain......Big Thunder and Matterhorn getting some "spooky" overlays like Ghost Galaxy and Villains Show performed on the Rivers of America and they have an event I want to go to.....as of right now to me its not worth the cash when there are MANY other options for Halloween Events but for Families its perfect but I always think its dumb not to try to appeal to EVERYONE you can cause they're losing money from many people from just putting candy in the park, a small parade and a firework show
    If you were there on Friday night, you would not think they were losing money at all. The place was packed. It wasn't just families either. There were plenty of adults in costume without kids, too.
    "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

• Future Cast Member

No, I really love Mickey's Halloween Party as it is right now! I don't want them to do mazes, scary or not, or anything else resembling other parks. I like that Disney's Halloween events are unique, and I think they capture Halloween perfectly. The trick-or-treating and fireworks are especially great. I'm not saying other parks don't have good events, but I prefer Disney's unique events much more and I feel that they are much more in the spirit of the type of Halloween that I like.

I'd love to see Disney pull off a haunt event, but it being at DisneyLAND doesn't sit right with me. I think if they did a couple nights at DCA it would be fine.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    If you were there on Friday night, you would not think they were losing money at all. The place was packed. It wasn't just families either. There were plenty of adults in costume without kids, too.
    You can never make too much money......sure they are getting a lot now but think about if they go more "adult" things like a Ghost Tales Boat ride.....and two more overlays

Just saying the more people that want to come...the more nights you can have it sell out...the more money you make (and I'm sure the overlays would not cost much to add add all)

• Minion

NO. Reason: overkill. Two pretty good haunts very close by and at least three more within an hour's drive. Disneyland does well with its decorations, costumed characters, overlay attractions, special party, and themed souviniers.

Disney already does a more adult and more intense haunt for Hong Kong Disneyland so it's not like the Disney company is 100% against the idea. I think a good compromise would be to have it 2 nights a week in DCA. Maybe on Wednesday and Saturday nights to alternate between the family friendly event in Disneyland on Tuesday and Friday nights. I don't necessarily want dead bodies and gore strung along the streets of the park. I would want DCA to have more Halloween decorations but still nothing too extreme so it interfered with day visitors. Have a few mazes mostly constructed backstage so not a big deal in the day time. An after dark Halloween dance party (with alcohol). Since DL has Captain EO, maybe DCA could do a Thriller parade. My town recreates Thriller downtown every Halloween and it's a huge draw. A few more adult shows, some scare zones with actors in hiding and maybe a special World of Color and I think it could be a great event that would have minimal impact on the "family crowd" during the day.

• You're late for TEAAA!!!!

I've been a long time advocate of it. Nothing would please me more. Whether it's DL or DCA, but not both, that'd be too much.

How about this and EVERYONE wins? DL can continue it's family friendly trick or treat party that it does - - candy, fireworks, arts and crafts etc. DCA can turn into a more adult themed Haunt. Both start at 7 BUT DL stays open all day without the extra ticketed event, which will now be for DCA. Once DCA closes (let's say at 5:30), all the families can walk on over to DL to continue their day at the resort. DCA's haunt starts at 7, an extra ticketed event with a few mazes, dance parties and some wicked shows, say in the Hyperion and maybe on a stage in front of the bay that utilizes the fountains (ala Disney Channel Rocks). Mazes located in the old WWTBAM building, the Sorcerer's Workshop, the Grizzly Peak back walk way and the old Maliboomer area and maybe one more in a backstage section. Disney could create some AMAZING mazes and would blow Universal and Knotts out of the water, even if they were just spooky and not gory. Imagine a Sleepy Hollow maze or scarezone, a "Villain's Lair", or completely original ideas. Have designated "safe zones" for families that are attending to walk through, perhaps like Bugs Land or Cars Land. No insane street characters like sliders but some simple guys with props. It could be focusing primarily on the spooky and soft startles, not the heavy insane scares. Think the Haunted Mansion amped up three times over or the Tower of Terror. Maybe once they see who attends over a couple of years and how it looks on the surveys, they can amp things up. I'd pay a good 70 bucks to attend that.

As for ride make overs: Grizzly Rapids with fog, strobes and spider webs. Nothing too elaborate, not many people will ride it at night anyway. Toy Story Mania with added Halloween themes such as a Mummy Woody or Werewolf Potato Head. Instead of shooting out balloons, it could be spider webs (basically the Bug's Life scene). New music and spooky lighting for California Screamin'. New music and lighting for Goofy's Sky School.
    Last edited by dth316; 10-16-2011 at 10:30 PM.

• -

You can never make too much money......sure they are getting a lot now but think about if they go more "adult" things like a Ghost Tales Boat ride.....and two more overlays

Just saying the more people that want to come...the more nights you can have it sell out...the more money you make (and I'm sure the overlays would not cost much to add add all)
    It may drive away people. There are people who come here specifically for the type of Halloween party that it is. If Disney makes it a frightfest it will turn away a significant amount of their business.

• Vidia's Minion

The events sell out but any ways they limit the tickets to about 20k so they can provide a better experience for those 20k. Imagine 50-60k packed like sardines crowd trying to experience the unique fireworks show or that huge number trying to get through the mazes you're suggesting.

No thanks for me I'll just go to universal, knotts or another place if I want that experience.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast