Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• -

Re: Does anyone else think this use of Walt's image is in poor taste?

Quote Originally Posted by Sambo View Post
    Poor taste....mmmm Maybe. Tacky..... yeah pretty much. Butt Ugly.... Definitely. I'm sorry, butts look nicer than this hat.
    Depends on whose butt you are talking about.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Future Imagineer! =D

I've seen that hat around and it has to be one of the most hideous things ever. Normally, I'm all for anything like Walt, but that just screams trash. Sad
    ...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
    Disney is my life <3
    Thank Walt for all he did! <3
    Future Imagineer <3
    Keep Disney the way Walt intended it!!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • ♠ Pirate Wizard ♠

Blog Entries

In attempt to find the silver lining here, I will say it is a nice rendition of Walt. Kinda in between a young and old Walt.

• Blew By You

I usually get my Walt fix by looking up at the light shining through his window. No hat, tshirt or merchandise can top that.

• "I Break Things"

I bet if they put it on a set of Mickey Ears and sprinkled a little "limited edition" on it AP's would snap it up no matter how ugly it is. They'd put it right next to Walt... the coloring book, Walt... the lunch pail, Walt... the toilet paper holder. Every time you turn the roll you hear another pseudo fact like "the golden spike is at the center of Disneyland".
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Minion

Personally, I think the artwork of Walt's face is kind of appealing, and it might look good as an insignia on a shirt - not very large or in-your-face, just as an insignia somewhere on a quality men's shirt or women's blouse. No quote is even necessary; the image of Walt is enough. If done right, and on a quality garment, it would be a good tribute to Walt.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by orbitalpunk View Post
    In attempt to find the silver lining here, I will say it is a nice rendition of Walt. Kinda in between a young and old Walt.
    I'll jump on the silver lining bandwagon here and say that at least there is a new gag gift out there for Disney fans.
    Last edited by calsig31; 10-18-2011 at 08:58 AM.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Seeker of Fun

Re: Does anyone else think this use of Walt image is in poor taste?

I saw these a few months back and couldn't believe it. I too, would like a nice well designed baseball hat. I do like the ones with the simple "D" on them..which I've bought a couple. The Walt hat is just....wow...really?
    Stockholder and Walt Disney Autograph holder!!

It's tacky, no doubt, but I wouldn't say it's in poor taste.

•   
    • Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    I wouldn't call it in "poor taste" just because of the use of Walt's image, but for the overall design and execution -- which truly suck. From the pathetic, trying-too-hard-to-be-hip fonts to the design's size and clumsy placement on the cap, the whole thing screams "Cheap Overseas Crap."

So where is it being sold at the DLR, and how much is Disney charging overcharging for it?
    Just got back from Disneyworld (in airplane right now coming back to West Coast). They have it too.
    Didn't look at prices.

Not to throw off the tread
    but it was nice to see that Tikki Room in WDW back to original ("under new management" kicked out"). Also nice to ride carousel of progress, country bears and people mover.

---------- Post added 10-18-2011 at 08:20 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by noleafclover1980 View Post
    Poor taste was graffiti artists Disney characters... that's just crappy.
    Poor taste is the lightin McQueen thing I saw at one of the shops (in WDW). It said something to the effect of "I eat Losers for (breakfast I believe)".
    I'm all for doing your best and exceeding in life (1st, 2nd, 3rd etc)...I'm just not sure printing loser on kids merchandise is the right idea.

P.S.: I do agree with the graffiti thing (poor taste)

---------- Post added 10-18-2011 at 08:25 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by CAspace View Post
    "I don't want the public to see the world they live in while they're in the Park (Disneyland). I want to feel they're in another world."

-Walt Disney
    Anywhere there are construction walls at WDW, there are quotes (like the one mentioned above) on the walls.
    I also noticed that the signs have "Dream Builders" on them. I haven't seen this at Disneyland. Is it a WDW thing only?
    Last edited by DLFreak71; 10-18-2011 at 07:21 AM.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• DLR Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    I wouldn't call it in "poor taste" just because of the use of Walt's image, but for the overall design and execution -- which truly suck. From the pathetic, trying-too-hard-to-be-hip fonts to the design's size and clumsy placement on the cap, the whole thing screams "Cheap Overseas Crap."
    I couldn't agree more. Ya know, I appreciate that the company has been moving in the direction of getting merchandise that is more themed and less gneric than in years past, but for every two or three steps they move forward, they end up taking a serious step back with stuff like this. Sorry, I'm not a fan.

I just dont like the design and colors of the hat but do not find it offensive.

During the 50th they did have some nice merchandise with Walt Disney's picture. It was very classy

• Minion

Not in poor taste but just poorly done! I think if the hat just had the quote on it then it would have been much better in a more classic font as well.
    BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

• Down Pluto!

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Depends on whose butt you are talking about.
    Not really - I think you are being far too generous to the hat.

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

Honestly when I first saw this image I thought it was a vintage hat. They have to have a variety of merchandise to make everyone happy I guess.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast