DL Parks and Mickey's Halloween Party - Picts included (heavy)

Ok this is my first trip report so taking a stab at it. It's coming in a bit late but unfortunately the day we returned my hard drive went out. It’s a bit of a read but does have some pictures.

So the entire trip was from Wednesday Oct 5th through Sat Oct 8th

We arrived at DL Hotel on Wed 10/5 at ~10:30am and were lucky enough to get a room upon check-in. Both the agent and we were utterly surprised that we were actually able to get a room so early. Our room was located on the 9th floor in the Adventure Tower and overlooked the pool. We were able to see much of the ongoing construction for the 4 days we were there. Mostly pouring concrete, planting and laying tile work.

The rain was coming down in a steady drizzle but definitely manageable. After a late breakfast/early lunch we headed into the DL Park. By the time we walked through downtown Disney and into the park the rain had picked up so we opted to buy some ponchos even though we had on jackets. We ducked into the Gallery and soon afterwards were bombarded by a group of people, Mickey, Minnie and Pluto who came rushing in from the rain. After snapping a few pictures we headed to Fantasyland and jumped on Mr. Toads Wild Ride. Not much of a crowd as expected but the rain was increasing steadily.

Name:  goofy.jpg
Views: 836
Size:  89.9 KB
    Name:  tickets.jpg
Views: 828
Size:  46.5 KB
    Name:  mickey.jpg
Views: 825
Size:  55.1 KB

After a bit we decided to head to New Orleans Square. Disappointedly we found the Haunted Mansion was shut down and decided by then since we were already drenched to the bone to jump on the Monorail and head to the hotel. Unfortunately the Monorail was also down due to the rain and had a miserable walk back to the hotel.

Finally around 5pm the rain seemed to clear and after a fresh change into dry clothes we headed over to DCA since we had dinner reservations at Ariel’s Grotto for WOC. We managed a quick ride on LMR and a spin at Toy Story Mania. Dinner was pleasant and after being directed to a front and center view for WOC and seeing it was labeled “Wet Zone” we were reluctant to stay. The CM encouraged us to stay which I can say I was glad we did, but even with our ponchos, jackets and hats we were moderately wet. In hind sight I have to say paying the extra $ for WOC is not worth it. Last year I was in the Blue Area and wouldn’t mind repeating the dryer location where you have a great overview of the lagoon vs the up close and wet experience.

Name:  PP-1.jpg
Views: 823
Size:  127.9 KBName:  PP-2.jpg
Size:  146.8 KBName:  WOC_2.jpg
Size:  114.3 KBName:  WOC.jpg
Views: 821
Size:  122.7 KB

We soon headed back to the hotel and emerged from a deep sleep when we were awoken to the Fire Alarm..really..really is this really going to happen at 1 am in the morning. Never the less we grabbed the essentials, put on jackets and shoes and headed down the 9 flights of stairs. Ironically just a few suites down from us the floor was a few inches deep in water, with two completely soaked from head to foot girls in their very early 20s standing in the hallway looking panic stricken. After heading out to the Tarragon Terrace area DL members handed out blankets and we awaited our fate as to whether we would be able to return to our rooms or not. Interestingly enough about 20 min later the 2 girls accompanied by a young man emerged and sat near us. We also noted security were right beside them in a flash. We did not over hear the conversation but the body language suggested possible horseplay that led to a broken sprinkler. My husband works in construction and does state it doesn’t take much to shatter the glass balls at the end of the sprinkler heads. Eventually we were allowed back to our rooms but nonetheless it was an adventure we had not wanted to par take in.
    The next morning, Thursday we did the early entry into DL, took time to take some photos, grabbed a pastry and coffee at Carnation Bakery and had a seat near the Partner’s Statue to enjoy a relaxing morning after such a hectic night.

Name:  DSC_0102.jpg
Size:  90.9 KB

After the rest of the park opened we headed over to Indy but it was closed, moving on we hitched a ride on the Haunted Mansion. Then tried get a ride on Mark Twain Riverboat but alas it wasn’t open yet.

Name:  HMH_1.jpg
Views: 813
Size:  94.0 KBName:  HMH_Pumpkin.jpg
Views: 815
Size:  101.6 KBName:  Jack.jpg
Size:  104.4 KB

Headed back to the BT ranch and while we enjoyed the decorations, the area for the pumpkins wasn’t opened. So back to Frontierland to the Golden Horse shoe but it was closed (I am beginning to feel rejected). At this point we are noticing how crowded it is becoming in the park. So many school aged kids it was crazy. Ride times were at 30 minutes by 11am. And later in the day 45 minutes, if 3/10 from the touring plans equals this much crowd I am scared to see what a 10/10 would look like.

Name:  Mark_Twain.jpg
Size:  145.0 KBName:  pumpkin.jpg
Size:  89.7 KBName:  wagon_1.jpg
Views: 818
Size:  245.4 KBName:  wagon_2.jpg
Size:  193.6 KB
    Name:  photo_op.jpg
Views: 821
Size:  192.1 KBName:  fall_collage.jpg
Views: 817
Size:  110.1 KB

After an early lunch at the Orlean’s Café we caroused some of the shops and took a ride on the Matterhorn. We reverted back to the hotel for a few hours before heading back to the park. First we enjoyed a nibble and a drink at Trader Sam’s and it’s everything you read about. Food was excellent, as well as the drinks and atmosphere.

We headed back into the park to Space Mountain which had a moderate line. Afterwards we migrated over to Space Tours but noticed the wait time was 45 min and FP return times was ~9:30 pm so we decided to venture over to the Haunted Mansion instead. As we did, we walked by Indy and it was up and running so we took a ride on Indy instead. We had Fantasmic Preferred Seating Tickets so at 8pm we had to stand in line which took a good 30 minutes just to check in. We then headed over to BTR and took a spin and by that time we took our seats and awaited for Fantasmic to begin. Afterwards we rode the train around to Tomorrowland and jumped on the Monorail for the first time.

Name:  matterhorn.jpg
Views: 816
Size:  128.8 KBName:  jungle_cruise.jpg
Size:  79.7 KB

Friday we had tickets to Mickey’s Halloween Party so we journeyed over to DCA in the morning. As we waited for Paradise Pier to open I was again amazed at the crowd level in DCA. Having a similar experience last year I can tell you attendance into these parks is well up. We rode Toy Story Mania and LMR again, had a quick bite at Corn Dog castle, saw Bugs Life (it is such a cute show), rode Tower of Terror then ended our day with the Aladdin Show. I can tell you they have omitted the carpet ride after the harrowing flip earlier this month (or was it late in Sept)

Name:  TOT.jpg
Views: 807
Size:  58.2 KBName:  PP_daytime.jpg
Views: 809
Size:  162.1 KB

Back at the hotel we adorned our costumes (Thing 1 and Thing 2) and headed over to DL via the monorail, but it was not operating. I chalked this up to the Party. Ok we walked through DTD and into DL, while I must say the entry was smooth and easy but what a chaos of people leaving the park. It was hard to walk against the crowd and once the main stream crowd left the park, it was much more manageable.

Name:  main_street.jpg
Views: 811
Size:  103.7 KB

We headed past the Trick or Treat trail since that was not something we felt a need for. We couldn’t tell whether Indy was open or not as we walked by towards HM. The line was 60 min and no FP were being issued. We then decided to go ahead and eat some dinner and discovered many places were not open. We ended up at the Carnation Plaza and for a very quiet dinner.

Afterwards we headed to Matterhorn (just a short 10 min wait, but after we got off it had jumped to 20min), then to the Small World Plaza for photo ops with the Villains. When we arrived there was Cruella De Ville, Jafar and The Shadow Man but half way through our wait we were told “New Villains” were arriving in 10 minutes. Thus we were able to have photos with Queen of Hearts, The Evil Queen (from Snow White) and Br’er Fox. As we stood in line we were able to see the Halloween Parade and after our pictures went to line up for the Fireworks. Note to self – Need to be on right side of castle to see fireworks and moon that contains images of Jack Skellington and co. A second alternative is the Plaza although you don’t really get to see the Castle, but in a pinch it worked. After fireworks we rode Star Tours (20 min wait and as a non-Disney aficionado my husband stated he preferred it the way it was before) then we tried to ride Haunted Mansion but wait times were still at 60 minutes and gave up.

Name:  stitch_parade.jpg
Size:  97.3 KBName:  goofy_parade.jpg
Views: 805
Size:  126.5 KBName:  mickey_parade.jpg
Size:  155.5 KBName:  daisy_parade.jpg
Views: 808
Size:  130.3 KBName:  evil_queen.jpg
Views: 812
Size:  121.3 KB

Saturday was definitely the most crowded of our stay with what seemed to be summer time crowds. Everything was out and running in full force. We were able to ride Astro Blasters, Indy and Haunted Mansion. Rode the train once around the park before venturing to the airport. When we left I noticed almost all the E-Ticket rides were at 60 min wait times and this was about 2:30 pm.
    I might add that I did miss the Orange Mum Mickey Flower Balls, those were a nice enhancement to the park and DTD last year. I also wondered why DCA doesn’t really decorate for the holiday. The only touches we noticed were at Duffy’s and a spot on the Paradise Pier side across from Ariel’s Grotto.
    That’s it, thanks if you read this far.

Re: DL Parks and Mickey's Halloween Party - Picts included (heavy)

Great pics! Thanks for sharing your wet TR!

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

I love the park during the Halloween season! And I love seeing your pictures! Its been a while since I've been able to get to the park during October, and you have some great shots! Thanks for sharing your trip with us!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Nerd

Nice pictures. Thanks!
    Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
    Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

Quote Originally Posted by dictionary View Post
    Name:  evil_queen.jpg
Views: 812
Size:  121.3 KB

Hey! I saw you guys that night. I remember seeing those shirts.

• Future Imagineer! =D

Hey, I saw you guys too on the 7th!!!

Anyways, I love the pictures! Very nice
    ...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
    Disney is my life <3
    Thank Walt for all he did! <3
    Future Imagineer <3
    Keep Disney the way Walt intended it!!

• waitin' to board

Laffite's Landing.............yea I wish...currently about 700 miles away unfortunately.

Nice Trip Report......

Hey! I saw you guys that night. I remember seeing those shirts.
    Hey, I saw you guys too on the 7th!!!

How funny. We had a lot of fun, even my husband who is usually adverse to these types of things enjoyed the attention he was getting from those costumes.

Thanks everyone for the nice comments!