Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• 'Til DEATH do us part...

Az, or not as close to Disneyland as I'd like to be :(

DLR and Mickey's Halloween Party (First trip report!) :)

So this is my first ever trip report, hope you enjoy!

Thursday, October 13th 2011

So my trip began early that morning, with my fiancé on the Greyhound bus. My car isn't reliable, and since we only live in Az, the Greyhound was our best option money wise. I'll spare the boring details of the 7 hour ride to L.A. , but we arrived there at 12:30pm. Our next bus was leaving for Anaheim and we then arrived there at about 2pm. Luckily, the Greyhound station in Anaheim is literally a mile from Disneyland. We walked to our hotel, checked in and settled down for a bit.
    Name:  Disneyland2011pic11.jpeg
Views: 1119
Size:  76.4 KB
    A few hours passed and we were getting hungry, so we headed over to Mimi's Cafe next to Disneyland and enjoyed our dinner.
    Name:  Disneyland2011pic14.jpeg
Views: 1110
Size:  71.7 KBName:  Disneyland2011pic15.jpeg
Views: 1111
Size:  55.5 KB

We then walked back to our hotel and relaxed for the big day ahead of us until we went to sleep.

Friday, October 14th 2011

We woke up at 6am, got showers, dressed and breakfast at the hotel and then headed over to Disneyland about 7:50.
    Name:  Disneyland2011pic16.jpeg
Views: 1107
Size:  49.7 KBName:  Disneyland2011pic17.jpeg
Views: 1112
Size:  61.2 KB
    When we got there they had just barely opened up the gates and it seemed so empty as we made our way to Adventureland. We went on the Jungle Cruise first and there was only about 10 people on our boat ahaha. Once that was over, we headed to The Haunted Mansion while the park was still un-crowded. Again, only about 10 people in line since it was walk on at the moment. When we got off though, the line had grown immensely since we got on. Headed over to ride Winnie the Pooh (LOL) and then went back to New Orleans Square. My boyfriend was acting weird and telling me to look at things in the shop while he talked to someone. A few minutes later, I was being dragged to the Tunnel/Court of Angels in New Orleans Square.
    Name:  Disneyland2011pic2.jpeg
Size:  131.1 KB
    The cast member that draws portraits was taking our pictures and then all of a sudden, he dropped to one knee and proposed!!!!! I said yes and little did I know, he had got it all on camera as well. So after wiping my eyes and collecting myself, we went to pieces of eight, where luckily, they only had 2 Just Engaged buttons left!!
    Name:  Disneyland2011pic10.jpeg
Views: 1106
Size:  96.0 KB

After that we caught the train to the Toontown depot and got off to go on It's a Small World. While we were in line, the cast member saw our buttons and she gave us a boat all to ourselves!! By that time it was about 10am so we headed to DCA. I was dying to ride the little mermaid, but as we passed it was down with technical issues. Disappointed, my fiancé went and got a beer as we waited for our lunch reservation at Cafe Orleans. We arrived back at Disneyland for lunch and I HAD to have the Monte Cristo
    Name:  Disneyland2011pic19.jpeg
Views: 1102
Size:  55.3 KB
    After that we went on a few more rides and then at about 2:30, we trekked back to our hotel to change into our costumes. By the time we were done, it was just about 4pm so we headed back to Disneyland and checked into the Halloween Party. We took the train again to Tomorrowland since my fiancé is a SUPER Star Wars nerd, so he could look at merchandise. As we were going into star trader, I look up and see a familiar face and then I see another one. It was Frankie Iero and Ray Toro, the guitarists from My Chemical Romance, which happens to be my FAVORITE band EVER!! Frankie dashed out quick, but we were able to talk and get a pic with Ray.
    Name:  Disneyland2011pic21.jpeg
Views: 1104
Size:  58.8 KB

As we left the store, my fiancé suggested we go on Star Tours. Seeing that the line didn't look too long I said "ok"...BIG MISTAKE! I guess I didn't look at the wait time and the line was totally not what it looked like, so after almost 2 hours in line, we finally get to the ride.
    Name:  Disneyland2011pic22.jpeg
Views: 1101
Size:  28.7 KBName:  Disneyland2011pic23.jpeg
Views: 1098
Size:  29.0 KB
    While I did enjoy it, I can't really say it was worth 2 hours. Right as we got out, it was 7pm and the Halloween party just started. My feet were now killing me and I felt bad walking so slow to each of the candy stations lol. Then we were approaching New Orleans Square and Jack was out for meet and greats. I HAD to get a picture, so we got in line and they said it would be about 20 minutes.....so almost an hour later, it's the family ahead of us' turn to see Jack and Sally (she came out at some point) Now I understand Jack is a talkative character, but these kids were ridiculous! They spent more than 10 minutes talking and not a single pic had even been taken yet! I was tired, my feet hurt like no other and I had been waiting for over an hour now and I was trying to just stay calm. I felt bad because the lady behind us was getting REALLY mad and told the cast member she would be filing a complaint. Then just as we get up there, I hear the fireworks go off So my fiancé kindly told Jack and Sally, we just wanted pics as to not hold the line up anymore.
    Name:  Disneyland2011pic5.jpeg
Views: 1092
Size:  175.5 KB
    After that I raced over, only to catch the last 5 minutes of the fireworks.
    Name:  Disneyland2011pic24.jpeg
Views: 1096
Size:  22.0 KBName:  Disneyland2011pic25.jpeg
Views: 1092
Size:  42.7 KB
    At this point I was beat so at about 10:30pm we headed back to the hotel for the night.

Saturday, October 15th 2011

The next morning we headed over again about the same time and went straight to Indiana Jones, since there was practically no one in the park yet. Indy was good, but the chamber of destiny door was stuck open so you could see the jeep ahead of you go into the same door Kind of disappointing, but I still enjoy the ride. We then went on Haunted Mansion again. The line was longer this time, but moved quickly. Since my baby cousin is OBSESSED with Mickey and Minnie, we went to Toontown, so I could get some pics for her. Luckily the line to meet Minnie and Mickey was fairly short and went by quickly.
    Name:  Disneyland2011pic26.jpeg
Views: 1093
Size:  78.4 KBName:  Disneyland2011pic6.jpeg
Views: 1088
Size:  123.2 KBName:  Disneyland2011pic7.jpeg
Views: 1091
Size:  76.4 KB
    Went on a few more things and then went to DCA to try little mermaid again. I saw people in line, but we were really hungry, so we stopped to get food. By the time we were done, and headed back, the ride was down AGAIN for difficulties. I was afraid I would never be able to ride it. They said come back in a few minutes, so like last time, my fiancé gets a beer lol. We head back and it's still down, so he goes on Silly Symphony Swings. By the time he gets off, I see people in line again and rush over to The Little Mermaid. I get in line and we actually get to ride it this time!! We then head to Monsters Inc. and after that back to Disneyland. I had never had one, so we agreed to get a Dole Whip Float and go in the Tiki Room. I also hadn't been in the Tiki Room since I was 2, so it was like I was seeing it for the first time and I really enjoyed it

When that was over, we decided to go to Downtown Disney, since there was a few gifts I had to get for family members. Only one monorail was working that afternoon, so it took a bit to get there. Once we got some of the gifts, we decided to just get dinner there and hang out a bit to relax our feet. We had heard to the monorail would be shutting down from about 7 to 9pm for the fireworks, so before it got too late, we hopped back on to Tomorrowland. Since my feet were now about to fall off and my fiance LOVES gadgets, we went to innoventions so he could look at the kitchen/dinning room demos and I could sit for a bit. We didn't spend too much time there and once we got out, we noticed Main Street was getting filled up with people ready for the fireworks. Not wanting to walk anywhere at the moment, we sat down and waited for the to start. I had never seen "Remember...Dreams Come True" and I enjoyed it very much. I mostly liked the ride tributes After that was over it was about 9pm, so we went to do some more shopping. Knowing if we walked any more, we would be able to make it back to our hotel lol, we made the tough decision to head back after shopping and getting one last pic on Mainstreet.
    Name:  Disneyland2011pic27.jpeg
Views: 1089
Size:  25.2 KB
    I was sad as usual but my body was happy I was going to bed lol. We left the Sunday afternoon and were already planning our honeymoon there next year!!

So that's it, hope it was worth a read
    "We find it delightfully unlivable here in this ghostly retreat. Every room has wall-to-wall creeps, and hot and cold running chills. Shhh, listen!"
    -your host, your ghost host

Trips: 1992 1998 1999x2 2000 2007 2009 2011 2012 2014

Next Trip:
    ???

On Friday, October 14th, 2011, my boyfriend of 5 years proposed to me under the tunnel, right before the Court of Angels
    in Disneyland! Read my trip report about it here:http://micechat.com/forums/disneyland-resort/160167-dlr-mickeys-halloween-party-first-trip-report.html

Here is our honeymoon trip report from December 10th to the 15th 2012:http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...10th-15th.html

Re: DLR and Mickey's Halloween Party (First trip report!) :)

Congratulations on your engagement!! That was soooo sweet Thanks for sharing
    "Disneyland is a show."
    -Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by fantazmikluvr View Post
    Congratulations on your engagement!! That was soooo sweet Thanks for sharing
    Thank you! I'm happy to share
    "We find it delightfully unlivable here in this ghostly retreat. Every room has wall-to-wall creeps, and hot and cold running chills. Shhh, listen!"

Next Trip:
    ???

On Friday, October 14th, 2011, my boyfriend of 5 years proposed to me under the tunnel, right before the Court of Angels
    in Disneyland! Read my trip report about it here:http://micechat.com/forums/disneyland-resort/160167-dlr-mickeys-halloween-party-first-trip-report.html

Here is our honeymoon trip report from December 10th to the 15th 2012:http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...10th-15th.html

Great TR and congratulations on your engagement! DL will always be a special part of your relationship : )

• With The Brain Of A Bird

What a sly dog your fiance is to set up the proposal like he did. Congratulations on your engagement.
    My family was at the party the same night and happened to pass Jack & Sally just before the fireworks started. We must've passed you as you were waiting in line. And I can sympathize with your feet. By the time we left the party my feet and lower back were ready for bed. I'm glad you had a good time though. Thanks for the great trip report.
    "Anything's possible at Disneyland." - Walt Disney, 1965

Quote Originally Posted by jbean View Post
    Great TR and congratulations on your engagement! DL will always be a special part of your relationship : )
    Thank you very much!!! I was so glad he chose to do it there, since it's one of my favorite places

---------- Post added 10-19-2011 at 01:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Seahorse View Post
    What a sly dog your fiance is to set up the proposal like he did. Congratulations on your engagement.
    My family was at the party the same night and happened to pass Jack & Sally just before the fireworks started. We must've passed you as you were waiting in line. And I can sympathize with your feet. By the time we left the party my feet and lower back were ready for bed. I'm glad you had a good time though. Thanks for the great trip report.

Haha he was pretty sly I must say Yeah it didn't help either that the shoes I wore for my Minnie costume didn't feel the best walking around, but I bit the bullet and enjoyed myself none the less Glad you liked my TR!

Next Trip:
    ???

Congrats and how awesome to see MCR guys..my son would be so jealous!

• I'm from Canada eh!

Great TR! Congrats to you both! Looked like fun!

• Vidia's Minion

Glad you had a great time, I'm sorry you only saw the last 5 minutes of the Halloween fireworks they are so awesome imo. /slaprudepeopleinline

:-p

edit-did you get to see the Halloween parade at least?

Quote Originally Posted by dictionary View Post
    Congrats and how awesome to see MCR guys..my son would be so jealous!
    haha it was just so random and lucky! Had we been there a minute earlier or a minute later we would not have seen them. And thank you by the way

---------- Post added 10-19-2011 at 04:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Meville View Post
    Great TR! Congrats to you both! Looked like fun!
    Thank you!! It was a blast

---------- Post added 10-19-2011 at 04:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jayce View Post
    Glad you had a great time, I'm sorry you only saw the last 5 minutes of the Halloween fireworks they are so awesome imo. /slaprudepeopleinline

:-p

edit-did you get to see the Halloween parade at least?
    lol The ending was good, so I'm glad I at least got to see that. Yeah we actually saw the parade, but not close up. We were on a bench close to Frontier land as it went by.

Next Trip:
    ???

Congrat on your engagement. You guys look cute together. May you have a wonderful life together!

Quote Originally Posted by cadjoe321 View Post
    Congrat on your engagement. You guys look cute together. May you have a wonderful life together!
    Thank you very much!

Next Trip:
    ???

• Vidia's Minion

Quote Originally Posted by BlackWidowBride View Post
    I was being dragged to the Tunnel/Court of Angels in New Orleans Square.
    Name:  Disneyland2011pic2.jpeg
Size:  131.1 KB
    The cast member that draws portraits was taking our pictures and then all of a sudden, he dropped to one knee and proposed!!!!! I said yes and little did I know, he had got it all on camera as well. So after wiping my eyes and collecting myself, we went to pieces of eight, where luckily, they only had 2 Just Engaged buttons left!!
    Oh and almost forgot. Congrats that is so awesome and you guys make a gorgeous couple!

Quote Originally Posted by Jayce View Post
    Oh and almost forgot. Congrats that is so awesome and you guys make a gorgeous couple!
    Aww thank you very much!

Next Trip:
    ???

• Christmastime for Rocker

Blog Entries

Nice first Trip Report! And Cafe Orleans is amazing!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast