Talking Celebration cake questions

Hello everyone. I haven't posted in a while but am hoping someone can aswer a question for me. We are heading back to Disneyland in early December. My little brother is 28 and has never ever been to Disneyland so my husband and I are taking him to share the magic =) Also on our trip my hubby and I are celebrating our 10th anniversary! I wanted to surprise him with a cake. I know you can have them delivered to a sitdown restaurant but my question is can you visit the restaurant and just have the cake and drinks or do you have to do a whole meal there. I wanted to surprise him our first night but we already planned to go to Bubba Gumps that night because it is his favorite restraunt. We aren't staying in one of the Disneyland hotels so I can't have it delivered to the room either. Any other suggestions for romantic anniversary surprises? Thanks everyone

• -

Re: Celebration cake questions

Quote Originally Posted by Goofy's #1 Gal View Post
    Hello everyone. I haven't posted in a while but am hoping someone can aswer a question for me. We are heading back to Disneyland in early December. My little brother is 28 and has never ever been to Disneyland so my husband and I are taking him to share the magic =) Also on our trip my hubby and I are celebrating our 10th anniversary! I wanted to surprise him with a cake. I know you can have them delivered to a sitdown restaurant but my question is can you visit the restaurant and just have the cake and drinks or do you have to do a whole meal there. I wanted to surprise him our first night but we already planned to go to Bubba Gumps that night because it is his favorite restraunt. We aren't staying in one of the Disneyland hotels so I can't have it delivered to the room either. Any other suggestions for romantic anniversary surprises? Thanks everyone
    Check with whatever hotel you are staying in. They may be able to have something special delivered to your room.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Embrace the kitsch!

I think most restaurants are okay w/ people only coming for drinks and dessert, but if Bubba Gump's is his favorite and you're going there anyway, why not do it there?
    Disneyland Historic Preservation Society
    Charter Member

I was thinking about doing something at Bubba Gumps but I don't know how I would get a cake there. Disney Dining only delivers the cakes to Disney restaurants.

• Embrace the kitsch!

Quote Originally Posted by Goofy's #1 Gal View Post
    I was thinking about doing something at Bubba Gumps but I don't know how I would get a cake there. Disney Dining only delivers the cakes to Disney restaurants.
    I thought you would just order off the dessert menu at BG's, but if you're getting a Disney cake made, that may make it easier. You don't have to be a hotel guest to eat at the hotel restaurants. I'm sure you could go to, say, the Napa Rose "for drinks" and have them deliver it to your table. It would require a bit of setup beforehand, but I'm sure it would work. You might even be able to get a character to do it.
    Disneyland Historic Preservation Society
    Charter Member