Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Disney Fanatic

New Details About Jolly Holiday Bakery Cafe and other Main Street Restaurants

The Disney Parks Blog released some new details about new menu items coming to both the Jolly Holiday Bakery Cafe, the Carnation Cafe, and the Gibson Girl Ice Cream Parlor:

Restaurant Changes on Main Street, U.S.A., at Disneyland Park « Disney Parks Blog

We love it when our favorite spots expand, and as Erin posted in August, there are some big changes coming forMain Street, U.S.A., in 2012. Here’s what you can look for:
    The Blue Ribbon Bakery is moving and getting a new name: Jolly Holiday Bakery Café, from the “Mary Poppins” song, “Oh, it’s a jolly holiday with Mary …” The bakery moves to the Plaza Pavilion (at the top of Main Street, U.S.A.) with plans to open in early January. In addition to the bakery and espresso offerings, the new menu has some delicious new tastes, such as an Angus roast beef salad with blue cheese; a Caprese sandwich with tomatoes, Buffalo mozzarella, basil, butter lettuce and garlic aioli on toasted focaccia bread; and a classic pastrami reuben on rye.

Carnation Café is expanding with more indoor seating – the Blue Ribbon Bakery move is part of that expansion plan, as Carnation Café spreads out to take over the space and offer more air-conditioned seating. Work starts in January, and they’ll have a new menu that will showcase longtime favorites (and we’ve heard it includes milkshakes).

Gibson Girl Ice Cream Parlor is getting a little makeover, too, and adding root beer, Coca-Cola and orange cream floats to the menu. And the block makeover wraps up at Refreshment Corner – construction starts early next year. Stay tuned to the Disney Parks Blog for details.
    Cant wait to try these menu items out.
    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.
    -Aristotle

Next Trip in 2012 to see the final product

• Senior Monorail Minion

Re: New Details About Jolly Holiday Bakery Cafe and other Main Street Restaurants

The sandwiches sound to die for! I just hope they are fresh, and not like the ones that currently sit in the display cases all day.
    WELCOME ABOARD
    THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!
    by intoxication, i'm pretty sure the OP meant that disneyland just gave us a free acid trip.
    -PLAUGED reffering to the Winnie the Pooh ride...

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Re: New Details About Jolly Holiday Bakery Cafe and other Main Street Restaurants

^yeah the sandwich sounds sooo good

Let the haters hate but this place sounds 1000 times better than an AP center

• -

The menu of the new bakery sounds good. I can't wait to try it. Too bad the theme is such a miss-match.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Nutty about Disney parks

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    The menu of the new bakery sounds good. I can't wait to try it. Too bad the theme is such a miss-match.
    I don't think the theme miss-match is much of a big deal here. I'm thinking this is 1900s America and thinking maybe it's British immigrants starting up their own bakery. At least that's one way to see it.

Now if you want theme miss-match, let me refer you to 75% of the Pixar film attractions currently in existent throughout the globe.
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

• 2 shots on the rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    Let the haters hate
    I hate the whole "haters" thing.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post
    I don't think the theme miss-match is much of a big deal here. I'm thinking this is 1900s America and thinking maybe it's British immigrants starting up their own bakery. At least that's one way to see it.

Now if you want theme miss-match, let me refer you to 75% of the Pixar film attractions currently in existent throughout the globe.
    There are two things that come to mind when reading this:

1. If one must use their imagination and be creative to see how something fits into the theme of the area, it probably doesn't.

2. Past theme violations are no excuse for current ones.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Buena Vista St. & Red Car

Sounds delicious! Very excited for these changes. From what I have heard, the Jolly Holiday Bakery is not in your face Mary Poppins (only Mary is going to be a little weather vane so I hear), but more inspired by motifs and art direction of the movie, especially the Jolly Holiday scene. Just a fun, little connection that some will get and see and some honestly won't. I have no problem with a British-esque bakery on Main Street, it honestly is not farfetched and could have been. Oh btw, has anyone ever seen the Chinese restaurant on Main Street? I recently discovered it while waiting for a friend to use the restroom. Look above the entrance to the "arcade" behind the Fortuosity shop and there you'll see it, wooden looking blinds and all. It's really a nice little touch that alludes to the effect of the mass immigration on American towns throughout the early 1900's.

Talking Re: New Details About Jolly Holiday Bakery Cafe and other Main Street Restaurants

I don't understand why some people are so against the Mary Poppins theme to this new dining establishment. Anything is better than the AP processing center. I love MP and feel this theme is perfect for this location and it will be so inviting and refreshing once it's completed. And in reality, this location is not on Main Street, but considered in the HUB of Disneyland.

Just sayin'...

• Minion

ORWEN: I agree that Mary Poppins fits in just fine. The new menu looks good, too! Can't wait to sample what they've got to eat!

• formerly very helpful

Quote Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post
    This is EXACTLY what I was going to add! I like the way you think.

• Quiet As A Mouse!

It's a Secret........... Sssssssshhhhhhhh!!!!!!

Anyone know when this will all start to take place?? We all know that the Jolly Holly Bakery Cafe has is progress, but what about the Carnation Cafe?
    I Get In. I Get Out. I Never Get Noticed!
    - From "Prep And Landing"

• Minion

Given that the new JHB faces the hub rather than facing MS, I don't find it any more out of place than the Baby Care Center or First Aid *shrug*.

I'm excited because like it or not, it's a done deal, and the new menu sounds very exciting. I also hope that the sandwiches are made fresh too though.

---------- Post added 10-22-2011 at 10:44 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by The Disney Ninja View Post
    Anyone know when this will all start to take place?? We all know that the Jolly Holly Bakery Cafe has is progress, but what about the Carnation Cafe?
    I believe they said somewhere than when the JHBC opens they will shut down CC and the bakery so that they won't be down at the same time.

• Nerd

Quote Originally Posted by doppio View Post
    I hate the whole "haters" thing.
    I hate hater haters hatin haters.
    Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
    Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

Since the old Plaza Pavilion already had kind of Victorian look about it, I'm not expecting big changes to the exterior. I would think the big refurbishment takes place on the inside with the food display and food preparation areas (though I believe most Disney baked goods come from a centralized baking facility outside of the park). I'm most excited about the sandwich offerings and the fact there are numerous tables and chairs to sit back and relax right outside the door (unlike Blue Ribbon Bakery)
    Writing about all things Disney, a couple of paragraphs at a time

http://disneylandtraveler.blogspot.com/

75,000+ page views and counting.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast