Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sad World of Color to close December 02 2011????

Hello Guys,

I was checking the official disneyland and california
    adventure calendar and I found a terrible surprise for my trip on the first
    weekend of December (I have everything paid and reserved for Friday Dec 02 and
    Saturday Dec 03)

Last day of World of Color in the calendar is Thursday
    Dec 01!!!! (at least for this seasson/year? no refurbishment information about
    Water of Color is available and the guys in Disney phone don't have any
    information).

They changed (at least on the calendar) World of Color as
    the Feature Event for "Pixar Pals" show... Any way to confirm that? I called the
    Disneyland phone line and they guy was also surprised but he had the same
    calendar so no new information about this from the Disney operator).

My
    daughter will be devastated because we have been saving money and time for a
    long time to complete this trip with her and for sure Water of Color is the one
    she is more excited about...

Thank you in advance.

Sofi, Gus
    and little Ingrid.

• Fireworks Finatic!

Re: World of Color to close December 02 2011????

The show is not going to close. Disneyland has not been posting entertainment schedules any further out than about 6 weeks or so. Give it a week or 2 and World of Color will be on the schedule..

As I wrote... if you go to the official schedule and calendar you will see the confirmed dates, hours from now until Dec 03... this posting advance one day in that calendar every day. So the hours and confirmed events form my weekend are already in the official calendar:
    Park Hours & Calendar | Disneyland Resort

• Still lost in Neverland

Well since Steve Davidson himself just the other night said that there would be a special addition to WOC in December (A pre-show Prep & Landing Christmas bit) there is no reason to worry. Give the boards a week or so as they are only showing Dec 1-3 right now, that will change.

The Disneyland Calendar Website just released this Information:

From November 14, 2011 to January 8, 2012, the holiday season transforms the entire Disneyland Resort into a winter wonderland, where hundreds of thousands of lights brighten the night, fireworks burst to the sounds of the season and snow falls in Southern California!
    Special attractions, restaurants and stores abound with warmth and jolly spirits. New magic adorns World of Color, the Main Street, U.S.A. Christmas Tree is a beacon of good tidings and the Downtown Disney District is decked out to ring in the season.
    This year, discover the parades, tannenbaums and treats at the Merriest Place on Earth.

So no worry, WOC isn't closing any time soon.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Good information Lost Boy!!! Thanks!

• DLR Cast Member

World of Color to close December 02 2011????.

No, it's not closing! This is how rumors get started!

Show times for that far out have not yet been locked, and are therefore not on the schedule yet. Once they're locked, the WOC showtimes will appear on the site. I suspect this will happen in the next week or two.
    Last edited by penguinsoda; 10-22-2011 at 01:52 PM.

• Seeker of Fun

I heard a rumor from a guy who's cousins boyfriend is a CM from the mid 80's, and he said that they are closing WOC to install.........a loop!!
    Stockholder and Walt Disney Autograph holder!!

• Hooterville, USA

Quote Originally Posted by 4Apples4Disney View Post
    I heard a rumor from a guy who's cousins boyfriend is a CM from the mid 80's, and he said that they are closing WOC to install.........a loop!!
    I heard that, but it was to add a gift shop, not a loop.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Seeker of Fun

Quote Originally Posted by Druggas View Post
    I heard that, but it was to add a gift shop, not a loop.
    Stockholder and Walt Disney Autograph holder!!

Think about it - a multimillion $$ show added to a park that's getting major investment right now is not closing any time soon. Fantasmic is on year #20 and was supposed to last 5 years. WoC will be around for a long, LONG time to come.
    Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

It seems to me that the opinions posted in this thread have not really answered the root of the OP question which is why is the WOC not showing on the schedule for December 2-5. Each day a new one is posted, it does not include WOC. Why would they not show it during a prime holiday weekend?

Though I agree that the WOC is not going to "close" forever, I am curious as to why there is this gap in the schedule, and it appears that it will be closing for a few days anyway.

• Future Indy Castmember

Quote Originally Posted by bespinally View Post
    It seems to me that the opinions posted in this thread have not really answered the root of the OP question which is why is the WOC not showing on the schedule for December 2-5. Each day a new one is posted, it does not include WOC. Why would they not show it during a prime holiday weekend?

Though I agree that the WOC is not going to "close" forever, I am curious as to why there is this gap in the schedule, and it appears that it will be closing for a few days anyway.
    The calendar is still not fully updated with the schedule for December. If you look at the 4th and 5th, no showtimes for any show are posted for DCA.

Once it gets to Mid November, the schedule for December should be up completely. If a particular show does not show up on a date that your going, it is highly likley that the showtimes were not finalized yet and you should check back in a few weeks. For even more up to date info, you should call Disneyland directly regarding showtimes and such.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

Like others have stated, it's just not showing on the Disneyland website schedule and some of the CM computer systems can only see what we see. But it will be showing. I made WOC dining reservations for 12/2 and although it's not showing on the shedule, the Cast Member did confirm that there will be two showings that night. So I would assume it would also be showing the remainder of the weekend. I really wouldn't worry. If you want to confirm, I suggest calling Disney Dining - they always seem to know more about what is going on.
    Last edited by GotoDisneyland; 10-24-2011 at 12:33 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by The Forbidden Eye View Post
    The calendar is still not fully updated with the schedule for December. If you look at the 4th and 5th, no showtimes for any show are posted for DCA.

Once it gets to Mid November, the schedule for December should be up completely. If a particular show does not show up on a date that your going, it is highly likley that the showtimes were not finalized yet and you should check back in a few weeks. For even more up to date info, you should call Disneyland directly regarding showtimes and such.
    Thanks!!

I'm sure the OP did not mean to say that the show was closing forever but going on a seasonal rehab but we know that is not going to happen anytime soon and the calendar just needs to be updated.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast