Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Joe Flowers

My Phineas and Ferb pumpkins, inspired by the Big Thunder Ranch pumpkin carvers

One of my favorite parts of the park at Halloween time is seeing the pumpkin carvers back in Big Thunder Ranch. They always inspire me to carve something each year. Here's what we carved at my house this year.

Name:  2011_Pumpkins-21.jpg
Views: 2120
Size:  157.9 KB

First you trace the designs on.
    Name:  2011_Pumpkins-10.jpg
Views: 1850
Size:  176.1 KB

Then you pull out all the guts.
    Name:  2011_Pumpkins-12.jpg
Views: 1840
Size:  189.4 KB

Name:  2011_Pumpkins-13.jpg
Views: 1843
Size:  231.0 KB

Ta-da!
    Name:  2011_Pumpkins-15.jpg
Views: 1839
Size:  196.2 KB

Name:  2011_Pumpkins-20.jpg
Views: 1831
Size:  205.0 KB

Mickey Mouse
    Name:  2011_Pumpkins-22.jpg
Views: 1812
Size:  128.7 KB

Phineas and Ferb title logo. I like the way the P and F turned out. The "and" was the most difficult since it's only holding on my the top of the d.
    Name:  2011_Pumpkins-23.jpg
Views: 1810
Size:  103.1 KB

Phineas
    Name:  2011_Pumpkins-25.jpg
Views: 1806
Size:  124.9 KB

Ferb
    Name:  2011_Pumpkins-24.jpg
Views: 1804
Size:  103.7 KB

Perry the Platypus, Agent P
    Name:  2011_Pumpkins-27.jpg
Views: 1810
Size:  120.8 KB

Doctor Heinz Doofenschmirtz
    Name:  2011_Pumpkins-26.jpg
Views: 1792
Size:  122.2 KB

All in all, it was a fun afternoon of carving. All the designs were pretty simple so each took maybe 20-30 minutes start to finish.

• Not on the Jedi Council

Re: My Phineas and Ferb pumpkins, inspired by the Big Thunder Ranch pumpkin carvers

That is seriously great work. Congrats, and thanks for showing them to us!

• Minion

Re: My Phineas and Ferb pumpkins, inspired by the Big Thunder Ranch pumpkin carvers

ahh i wish i had the skill to make a mickey pumpkin but i just went to walgreens and bought the plastic mickey pumpkin lol great pumpkins we never do real pumpkins because to messy and they seem to dye quickly in Las Vegas where the heat is dry :/

It's a music Celebration
    Come on, come on, come on
    Strike up the band,
    Feel the beat, what a great sensation
    Come on, come on, come on
    Move and clap your hands,
    Get into the Spirit
    Let everyone hear it,
    So come on, come on

• Not So New Member

GREAT pumpkins!
    disney lady

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

great job!
    thanks for sharing
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

Wow, those are awesome! Great job!
    "Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy."

Awesome job... I've always wanted to try the Mickey pumpkin! I did a Jack Skellington pumpkin this year that turned out pretty good... but not nearly as good as these.

• Seeker of Fun

Very much like.
    Stockholder and Walt Disney Autograph holder!!

• Joe Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by TikiRoom View Post
    Awesome job... I've always wanted to try the Mickey pumpkin! I did a Jack Skellington pumpkin this year that turned out pretty good... but not nearly as good as these.
    The Mickey pumpkin was super easy to do, and it looks so awesome. It was just 4 big easy cuts, and then finding proportional pumpkins for the ears. Bamboo skewers worked great to hold them in place.

Last year we had a Jack Skellington pumpkin. We did it on a white pumpkin and I thought it looked sweet!
    Name:  2011_Pumpkins-9.jpg
Views: 1549
Size:  156.9 KB

For those who are interested, there are a lot of great Disney stencils on the Disney Family website.
    Pumpkin Stencils: Disney Pumpkin Carving Patterns | Disney | Disney Family.com

great job! i think i'm gonna give the mickey mouse pumpkin a try. i've always been pretty bad with the carving, but that seems relatively uncomplicated and the finished result is pretty cool! oh, and awesome calvin/han solo and hobbes/chewbacca t-shirt by the way!

do you happen to have the template for the mickey (main st. version) that you did? i don't see a template posted on the disney website. they have a full-on mickey.

• Joe Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by tromo58 View Post
    great job! i think i'm gonna give the mickey mouse pumpkin a try. i've always been pretty bad with the carving, but that seems relatively uncomplicated and the finished result is pretty cool! oh, and awesome calvin/han solo and hobbes/chewbacca t-shirt by the way!

do you happen to have the template for the mickey (main st. version) that you did? i don't see a template posted on the disney website. they have a full-on mickey.
    That's one of my favorite shirts right now. Combining two awesome things. As an aside, I've seen similar drawings with Marty and Doc from Back to the Future, Batman and Robin, and Wayne and Garth from Wayne's World. Never in shirt form though.

I actually made that template myself based on a photo I had of it. I'm not at home at the moment, but I took the photo of what I carved, inverted the colors, and saved it as mono-chrome. You can use this as a guide if you'd like.

Name:  2011_Pumpkins-22.GIF
Views: 1442
Size:  8.3 KB

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Man I wish I could do this......they all look sooo professional

• Joe Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    Man I wish I could do this......they all look sooo professional
    Try it!

You'd be surprised how easy it is when you're following a pattern. The tools I used for this all came out of one of those cheap pumpkin carving kits, plus an ice cream scoop for the guts. Those tiny saws in the kit work really well. And a lot of the mistakes you make are invisible at night once there's a candle in them.

Quote Originally Posted by mre200200 View Post
    That's one of my favorite shirts right now. Combining two awesome things. As an aside, I've seen similar drawings with Marty and Doc from Back to the Future, Batman and Robin, and Wayne and Garth from Wayne's World. Never in shirt form though.

I actually made that template myself based on a photo I had of it. I'm not at home at the moment, but I took the photo of what I carved, inverted the colors, and saved it as mono-chrome. You can use this as a guide if you'd like.
    thanks for the template! will definitely be trying this out sometime this week. and now off to find those other C&H photos you mentioned!

• Joe Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by tromo58 View Post
    thanks for the template! will definitely be trying this out sometime this week. and now off to find those other C&H photos you mentioned!
    You're welcome for the template.

I'll save you the trouble of looking. I liked them enough to save them to my desktop.
    I believe the artist's name is zomboy. I found it originally through a t-shirt link.

These were my favorites, and you can find more here:
    Calvin And Hobbes T-shirts - Funny, vintage, custom, cool, women's, men's and kids tees

Name:  work.7587951.1.fc,550x550,asphalt.v3.jpg
Views: 1356
Size:  61.5 KBName:  work.7658688.1.fc,550x550,white.v3.jpg
Views: 1354
Size:  51.2 KBName:  work.7653624.1.fc,550x550,lemon.v3.jpg
Views: 1353
Size:  62.4 KBName:  work.7646687.1.fc,550x550,gold.v3.jpg
Views: 1351
Size:  54.5 KBName:  work.7633773.1.fc,550x550,heather_grey.v3.jpg
Views: 1347
Size:  58.8 KBName:  work.7618428.1.fc,550x550,white.v3.jpg
Views: 1344