Thread: AP Start Date

• DLR Enthusiast

AP Start Date

This may be a silly question, but I'm soon to be a first time AP holder, and have no experience with dealing with them.

Simply put, I'd like to order my AP online, but my trip isn't until the middle of November. Should I wait, or does the pass not become active until my first visit? I know we're only talking two weeks here, but that's two extra weeks I'll have next year!!

Thanks
    -Brian - Find me on Facebook

• Senior Monorail Minion

Not sure, but we have a big mouse in town ;)

Re: AP Start Date

It does not start until you first use it, so BUY all means
    WELCOME ABOARD
    THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!

• DLR Enthusiast

Sweet!! So excited!

---------- Post added 10-24-2011 at 08:34 AM ----------

Also, I'm assuming Disney's website is the only place to purchase? No discounts are offered on the pass itself anywhere is there?

• Halloween 2011

Quote Originally Posted by bamato View Post

Also, I'm assuming Disney's website is the only place to purchase? No discounts are offered on the pass itself anywhere is there?
    You can purchase online or at the parks.
    As to discounts, that's more of a grey area. You can purchase a three-day or longer Park Hopper online which is discounted over the in-park price, and then upgrade the ticket to an Annual Pass which I think will get you a slight discount (if they apply the in-park price and not the online discounted price).

• DLR Enthusiast

I thought about doing that. But the amount of money I would save on food and merchandise (with passholder discount) would probably be worth more than the online discount.

Thanks everyone!

• Found my prince!

I upgraded a 3 day hopper in September to a Preimum pass and they also refunded my 3 days of parking!

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

If you purchase an regular ticket (i.e., one day admission, park hopper, etc.) you can apply it to getting an AP. They will also (as stated above) apply parking to your AP if you purchase parking on your AP (Premium it is included.) You can also apply tickets that you purchased through a package to an AP. But....

They will only apply what you paid for the ticket to the AP. What this means is that if you got a discount on the ticket then only the price of the discounted ticket is applied. As for packages, they are very minimal as to the value of the ticket. When you buy a package for the hotels the value of the tickets are extremely discounted as they look at it as the price of the hotel with the incentive to stay there you get tickets into the park. What they value them at is what you will get not the face value.

Now, that is how it was done in 05 when we got our APs. I haven't heard any changes to that policy but they certainly could have changed since then.
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

How long do you have to apply regular ticket prices to an AP? We were there 10/11-15 of this year and had the new 3-Day/1 Park per day ticket. We're considering getting APs.
    Thanks!!

• DLR Enthusiast

Awesome! It's official. Now an AP

• Sock Puppet

Sweet!! So excited!

---------- Post added 10-24-2011 at 08:34 AM ----------

there is no discounts to buy the pass. you can purchase at the park or online. it does not come valid till you actually use it and get it scanned at the turnstiles. the pass itself has discounts at the park but not to purchase it.

• Disney is home

Quote Originally Posted by Lisakd View Post
    How long do you have to apply regular ticket prices to an AP? We were there 10/11-15 of this year and had the new 3-Day/1 Park per day ticket. We're considering getting APs.
    Thanks!!
    I believe in this case you would of had to do it by the third day of use or (the last day you used the ticket to get into the park) or by the expiration date, whichever comes first.

Okay, thanks! Good to know.

We bought slightly discounted tickets from getawaytoday and then upgraded them to APs in May. We paid $197 for our tickets, but when we picked up the tickets at the ticket booth, they had $201 printed on them (which was the pre-purchase price for the same tickets at disneyland.com) and they applied the $201 towards our APs. So, we got to keep our $4 discount. The other good thing about buying a ticket first (since we weren't staying onsite) was that we got a MM with our hopper tickets, which we wouldn't have gotten if we had purchased our APs directly.

If you're staying onsite and will already have MM access, then the hassle of spending park time to upgrade is probably not worth the $4 discount you might get to keep by purchasing the tickets from a discounted reseller.

• Nerd

Quote Originally Posted by DLandFansAZ View Post
    If you purchase an regular ticket (i.e., one day admission, park hopper, etc.) you can apply it to getting an AP. They will also (as stated above) apply parking to your AP if you purchase parking on your AP (Premium it is included.) You can also apply tickets that you purchased through a package to an AP. But....

They will only apply what you paid for the ticket to the AP. What this means is that if you got a discount on the ticket then only the price of the discounted ticket is applied. As for packages, they are very minimal as to the value of the ticket. When you buy a package for the hotels the value of the tickets are extremely discounted as they look at it as the price of the hotel with the incentive to stay there you get tickets into the park. What they value them at is what you will get not the face value.

Now, that is how it was done in 05 when we got our APs. I haven't heard any changes to that policy but they certainly could have changed since then.
    Still the case
    Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
    Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

• Seeker of Fun

Awesome! It's official. Now an AP
    Have fun!!
    Stockholder and Walt Disney Autograph holder!!