• DL is my anti-drug.

DLR & Engagement questions

So, here I am, ready to pop the big question, and here I am with questions. LoL.

I've read some threads about other people doing this, I decided ill layout what I want to do and see if anybody can suggest anything to make it go smoothly.

We're both DLR lovers, AP holders and have so many memories of our 3 year dating relationship here, its the perfect setting.
    She loves fireworks, I love the night time at DLR, so, what would be better then nighttime and the castle before fireworks?

Any suggestions on how to get disney to work with me on this? I've read about booking magical moments? Does this partake to what I'm trying to do? If so, I didn't see anything on the DLR website saying anything about it, help? lol.

Im so nervous, just want to make it great. Thanks in advance for any help.

Re: DLR & Engagement questions

Just some advice from someone who has been married 43 years to his best friend/soulmate/lover/girlfriend: extravant and complicated does not make for more or better memories. Sometimes simpler becomes more romantic. It worked for us. My sweetheart was stirring caramel for caramel apples. We were alone in her kitchen, I had the engagement ring in myleft hand, put my right arm around her waist, then put my left hand infront of her and asked. She got so excited somehow the ring dropped in the melted caramel. Anyway, just wanted to share that. What eve you do, here's to a long and very happy marriage.

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by Popcornballs View Post
    extravant and complicated does not make for more or better memories. Sometimes simpler becomes more romantic.
    I agree.

I think you need to pop the question where the both of you will find it memorable.
    Only you two know that special spot.
    It needs to be done based on what works for you two.
    What does she like? What does she talk about?

Wish you the best.
    Whatever you do, she'll love and treasure forever (just make it your own).
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

Congrats! That is a romantic idea. I liked the proposal story with the caramel too lol! I agree, it doesn't have to be super fancy to be special. Just go with your heart and it will turn out memorable, whether you propose in front of Sleeping Beauty Castle, by some melted caramel, or in the car on the way to the movie theatre. Good luck and however you plan to do it, (and no matter what life could throw at you to mess with those plans) I'm sure it will be a great memory and beginning of your married life together.
    * *The dreams that you wish will come true* *

• Minion

Snow White's Grotto!!! It's often private back there, still in full view of the castle, and it's just a nice little romantic area instead of 50,000,000 people and Photopass. Although you could get Photopass to take a picture of you popping the question in front if you want.

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by ShelbyH View Post
    it's just a nice little romantic area instead of 50,000,000 people and Photopass.
    I think private is so much more romantic
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Minion

How about something more original like proposing someplace much more private and romantic such as an evening cruise on the Mark Twain or something like that. The whole public "I gotta propose to my girl in front of a crowd" scene is done too often and in my opinion seems like a pretty sad cry for attention. Just my two cents.

• Minion

Definitely do it somewhere private and not in front of a bunch of people. It is not fair to put her on the spot like that in front of a crowd. I worked as a waiter and saw several people propose at my table. One poor guy actually had the girl laugh at him, say "You actually think I would marry you!" and walk out. Noone deserves that kind of humiliation.

Inside the Castle Walkthrough is a nice quiet place where you could go down the steps in front of her and turn to pop the question. Another nice and pretty private place is the little dock over by It's a Small World.

Actually, here's the spot!!!! Go to Main St. Train Station and speak to the person working in there. Quietly tell them you want to propose and ask if you can have a private ride on the Lilly Belle to do it. When on the Lilly Belle, don't pop the question until you have gone through the Grand Canyon and are almost back at Main St. If for some reason she says no, it's not that long until you get off. If she says yes, you can get off soon and go celebrate. Take it from one married man to a soon to be one!
    Life is far too short for bland food!

Flickr page: www.flickr.com/ringoffirehotsauce
    You Tube: www.youtube.com/ringoffireguy
    Facebook: http://profile.to/michaelgreening/
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/RingofFire1
    Personal website: www.mikeanddianes.com

• DLR Enthusiast

I always thought the water feature near Pixie Hollow would be a cool spot at night when it's all lit up.

I like the Mark Twain idea. Find a rather quiet area of the boat, maybe when the sun is setting.
    -Brian - Find me on Facebook

• -

I agree, simpler is definitely better. You might try something like this: Excuse yourself for a minute and go into one of the shops and have them put two of the “Just Engaged” buttons in a bag. Go back outside and hand your girlfriend the bag and tell her you got a surprise for her. She will go into the bag to pull out the buttons, and when she looks back up at you, be holding out the ring. It’s quiet little things like that which will make a lasting impression on her that would speak volumes over the more sensational fireworks in front of a crowd of people thing.

Quote Originally Posted by StarDustFairy View Post
    Congrats! That is a romantic idea. I liked the proposal story with the caramel too lol! I agree, it doesn't have to be super fancy to be special. Just go with your heart and it will turn out memorable, whether you propose in front of Sleeping Beauty Castle, by some melted caramel, or in the car on the way to the movie theatre. Good luck and however you plan to do it, (and no matter what life could throw at you to mess with those plans) I'm sure it will be a great memory and beginning of your married life together.
    It’s funny that you should mention that because that’s where we were when I proposed to my wife. Her parents had just taken us to dinner at our favorite restaurant where at separate times I asked each of her parents for their permission. We left her parents and my wife and I then were driving to our favorite movie theatre to go see a movie. I had the ring hidden in my jacket in the back seat. I slyly asked her to go through my pockets to see if there was any change for the parking meter and she pulled out the box with her ring in it.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• DL is my anti-drug.

I think pixie hollow will do.

I wasn't looking for anything flashy, I really don't care if anyone see's it. This is just for her

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DLFreak71 View Post
    I think private is so much more romantic
    I agree completely. Not to throw ice water on anyone's ideas, but public proposals can really be upsetting. They can put the person on the spot, and make them feel pressured to answer yes. If they change their mind later it's upsetting, if they refuse in front of everyone it's harsh, etc.

So if you want to propose at the park, I'd just do it...you don't need Disney's help for that. Find a nice spot to watch the fireworks and talk to your gf. You could always book a nice table at the Blue Bayou (assuming this is after Nov 23) to set the mood for the night or something.

• DL is my anti-drug.

Yeah, I agree, the more I thought about it, the more I think it will be more memorable private. I think pixie hollow will be nice, she's a huge tinker bell fan too. Then we can enjoy the fireworks show together

(she's told me countless times she wants to marry me, so I'm not too worried about it )