Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Animator in Training!

Smile The best day of my life! (Proposing to my girlfriend) :D

Hey everyone!

So after much thought I'm going to take a big step in my life and ask for my girlfriends hand in marriage! Best part.....I'm going to do it in DL! I'll be there on Nov. 5th to pop the question. We tend to think of Disneyland as our place....it's were we really got to know each other and it has a very big and special place in both of our hearts. So I had a couple of ideas and not only wanted to run it past everyone for opinions but also if you all could help me out with suggestiong you guys have as to how to pop the question. Here's what I have so far:

1) She loves Space Mountain, its her favorite ride...so I was thinking of marking a sign saying "insert name will you merry me". Then asking if a CM will ride behind us and hold it up for the picture so when we go look at it she sees it and then it drop on one knee and pop the question.

2) I wanted to call Disney and see if I could do something with the Dapper Dans because she LOVES them and always makes a point to see them as much as possible.

What do you guys think? I don't want to be trendy and do it in front of the castle or the wishing well...seems like that has been done alot. I'm trying to think of other ideas that haven't been done much. Thanks for all the Help!

PS- Doesn't matter to me if it's public of not....I figure the more cheers we get the better and the more special it will make it for the both of us
    "If you can dream it, you can do it."-Walt Disney

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Re: The best day of my life! (Proposing to my girlfriend) :D

Awww.... I love both ideas. Although I'm not sure a CM would be allowed to ride behind you... even for something like that. But you would be surprised what total strangers will do, esp. for something like this. The only thing is timing. They have a very narrow window to load Space Mt. and the people behind you would have to somehow be let in on it ahead of time without letting your girlfriend know.

Having the Dapper Dan's do something for you might be easier to accomplish. For sure call Disney and see if they could set something up for you, or they can point you in the direction to accomplish what you want!

And congratulations!!!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Shifting cargo

Congrats! This is very exciting! Both of your ideas are great, but which do you think she'd like more- a more romantic proposal like a serenade by the Dapper Dans, or a more spontaneous and thrilling proposal like seeing the marry me sign on your Space photo?

As beautiful as the castle and the wishing well is, it's definitely been done too many times before. I personally really love your Space Mountain idea (although it will be more difficult to pull off) and after she's said "yes" (which of course she will!), you can give her a "Just Engaged" button that you somehow could get beforehand, purchase some bride and groom Mickey ears, and then have a romantic dinner all set up at Blue Bayou or another restaurant of your choosing. Blue Bayou is one of the most intimate dining locations in my opinion but it's whatever the two of you like best.

If I was in Disneyland and was just proposed to, I would want to show it off the whole park. But you decide if you think she'd like gifts like that to show off your engagement or keep it more intimate. Good luck and I wish you both a magical journey together.

• Mickatey Mouse

This is so sweet! Your ideas are great and the two responses above are fantastic. Like Jill said, I would totally want to show off the new engagement all day but that's up to your future fiance and what you think would fit her best GOODLUCK even though I know you don't need it Enjoy that wonderful special day!!

Contact Guest relations, they have a listing of sites/ideas and can arrange the special moment. They're also probably open to something new as long as it doesn't go overboard. They can also arrange for Photographers to be there (and they can work quite stealthy).

• Kida

Talking Re: The best day of my life! (Proposing to my girlfriend) :D

That is possibly the sweetest thing I've ever read (clearly since this is the post that pulled me out of the shadows...)
    It might be hard to pull off Space Mountain, even if you could get a stranger to help you since I doubt a CM could. I would offer to help, but I won't be in the park until the 6th!

Good luck to you! No matter what you choose it will be an incredibly special moment!

• Animator in Training!

I didn't even think about the Mickey Ears and the pins, thanks Jill! I love it! As fun as the SM ideas is, after thinking about it sounds like it wouldn't be very difficult to pull off. I think I'm going to go with the Dapper Dan approach I'm going to call Disney either today or tomorrow and see what we can do! Thanks again everyone!

As a fellow DD lover, I definitely approve of your choice to go with them. I don't know how much you know about their sets, but there is a song where a guest gets to insert the word "you." It's a really sweet song, saying things like "Let me call you sweetheart, I'm in love with you," etc. At the very end, the Dans sing the "you," so that is when you could propose. They'd be able to make up some reason to get you two up there, and are always happy to help with things like this.

I've always said that the guy who uses the Dapper Dans in a proposal is a keeper! (And I'm insanely jealous of your GF, haha!) Good luck and congrats!
    "Look there she goes, that girl is so peculiar...with a dreamy, far-off look, and her nose stuck in a book..." Yep, that would be me!

I tend to post in a thread and forget to check it ever again, or even worse, I kill it. Yay me.

I have seen a proposal on Space (not personally, but read the story on another board). The young gentleman wore a button down shirt with a t-shirt underneath that read "Will You Marry Me?" He unbuttoned his overshirt in time for the photo to be taken revealing the hidden message, and then buttoned his shirt back up. She didn't know until she saw the photo and he then got down on his knee and you know the rest. Great idea, but a little risky if the shirt does not open all the way and the message is obscured. Just an alternative to having someone hold a sign up for you...

I actually like the Dapper Dans idea better. Soooooooo romantic. Best of luck and CONGRATS!!

• Future Imagineer!!

Awwwww your girlfriend is so lucky! I agree with the Dapper Dans approach since I have never seen that one done before Just a few days ago my friend posted on my facebook a picture of 5 guys holding up signs on the Splash Mountain photo reading "Lindsey will you marry me?" and the girl was in the front and it was really cute, but really only works if you are able to plan with people beforehand!

And the idea of having the just engaged pins already so that you can start wearing them right away is especially adorable!

Good luck!

Keeper of the Dynamite Goat on RCMC

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey Dude View Post

1) She loves Space Mountain, its her favorite ride...so I was thinking of marking a sign saying "insert name will you merry me". Then asking if a CM will ride behind us and hold it up for the picture so when we go look at it she sees it and then it drop on one knee and pop the question.
    This one sounds fun.
    I wonder if a CM could ride behind you?
    The only thing I'd change in your plans is "merry" to "Marry".
    Good Luck!!!!
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

I just wanted to say congrats. I think you have some great suggestions and I definitely would contact Guest Relations to have a photograph of the event. Be sure to come back on the board and let us know how it went down. I too am envious to have a guy use the DD for a proposal let alone having it at DL is awesome!

• Animator in Training!

Quote Originally Posted by DLFreak71 View Post
    This one sounds fun.
    I wonder if a CM could ride behind you?
    The only thing I'd change in your plans is "merry" to "Marry".
    Good Luck!!!!
    Haha opps! Little typo there, it will be to Marry me . I'm definitly going to try and get one of the CM photographers there and I will keep you guys posted on how it all turns out! 10 days to go!!

Also I just called Guest Services and they said I should to go City Hall on the day of the event and see what they can do. They can't do anything in advanced :/....I just hope I'm able to get the DD's to help!
    Last edited by Mickey Dude; 10-26-2011 at 03:57 PM.

• Future Imagineer! =D

Oh my goodness! The first idea is soooo creative, how cute! And I looove the second idea too! Ahh, good luck and have fun!
    ...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
    Disney is my life <3
    Thank Walt for all he did! <3
    Future Imagineer <3
    Keep Disney the way Walt intended it!!

• AP holder 400 miles away

good luck! i popped the question last year and boy was i nervous the whole day haha (she said yes but still :P) be sure to get pics of what ever you decide to do to share with us

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast