Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Minion

NOS X-Mas Decor (some very new and original) and a Last Look at the Carved Pumpkins

---------- Post added 10-29-2011 at 10:58 PM ----------

---------- Post added 10-29-2011 at 10:59 PM ----------

Re: NOS X-Mas Decor (some very new and original) and a Last Look at the Carved Pumpki

I love the lit bottles. They remind me of Mama Odie's house in the Princess and the Frog.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Re: NOS X-Mas Decor (some very new and original) and a Last Look at the Carved Pumpki

Thanks for the photos!

New Orleans Square looked at lot nicer when they had all the ornaments hanging above the strreet. It looks real plain (and cheaper) with just a single strand of lights zig zagging back and forth.

And yes, the colored bottles reminded me of Madame Odie's, too. But it really looks blah, compared to most of the other decorations. And I'm not sure I like the "drapery" decorations on the old Disney gallery location either.

• Joe Flowers

Nice photos. I always like seeing the pumpkins back there. I stopped back there on October 28th just before the Halloween Party. Here's a few of my pics.

Name:  Pumpkins-1.jpg
Views: 746
Size:  208.4 KB

Name:  Pumpkins-2.jpg
Views: 744
Size:  194.3 KB

Name:  Pumpkins-3.jpg
Views: 747
Size:  188.6 KB

Name:  Pumpkins-4.jpg
Views: 745
Size:  190.1 KB

Name:  Pumpkins-5.jpg
Views: 745
Size:  227.2 KB

Name:  Pumpkins-6.jpg
Views: 739
Size:  165.0 KB

Name:  Pumpkins-7.jpg
Views: 731
Size:  212.6 KB

Name:  Pumpkins-8.jpg
Views: 731
Size:  217.7 KB

Name:  Pumpkins-9.jpg
Views: 726
Size:  235.3 KB

Name:  Pumpkins-10.jpg
Views: 724
Size:  180.5 KB

Name:  Pumpkins-11.jpg
Views: 724
Size:  184.2 KB

Name:  Pumpkins-12.jpg
Views: 719
Size:  157.8 KB

Name:  Pumpkins-13.jpg
Views: 715
Size:  204.2 KB

I love the pumpkins! this is my favorite time of year to visit BTR. They give me to many ideas! I want to go and get another pumpkin to do the hidden mickey one. And love the Fantasia and Si and Am one.

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Don't care for the bottles.
    Looks cheap.
    I'd expect to see that in a bar (personally).
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Mrs. J. Depp

I think some of the decor is really pretty, but the bottles just look like bottles, perhaps if they were just holiday colors they'd look a bit more festive. And had that moon man always been in the wreath because he's really creepy!

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

• waitin' to board

Laffite's Landing.............yea I wish...currently about 700 miles away unfortunately.

..nice pictures...thanks for posting..

• Minion

I think it looks really plain and I don't like the bottles. Are they finished decorating NOS or do they still have more to go?

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by Diznygrl View Post
    I think it looks really plain and I don't like the bottles. Are they finished decorating NOS or do they still have more to go?
    I would hope there is more.
    Halloween is still going on
    so hopefully once Monday is done, more will happen in NOS.
    Hopefully the bottles won't return next year (it looks like someone was out in the middle of the desert and mixed some bottles with branches and called it a day).
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Buena Vista St. & Red Car

Eh I'm probably in the minority but I like the bottles. That balcony right there is the voodoo one where you hear the bells and old voodoo woman chat and see all the weird knick knacks strewn about and the mask hanging on the wall behind the balcony. The bottles are like a clever way of keeping with the individuality of this space. Guess most don't see this. I also like the more simple use of drape like decorations and do NOT miss those oversized ornaments over the street. And the drunk moon thing in the wreath is new but just as creepy as the drunk alligator and elves they've had in years past.

• Minion

You guys do understand that the garland with the bottles is on the voodoo woman's patio. Empty bottles are a voodoo thing, as seen in Princess and the Frog, so that garland is actually themed really nicely. And if you think it's that​ bad, don't go back there.

• Buena Vista St. & Red Car

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
    You guys do understand that the garland with the bottles is on the voodoo woman's patio. Empty bottles are a voodoo thing, as seen in Princess and the Frog, so that garland is actually themed really nicely. And if you think it's that​ bad, don't go back there.
    This. I find it rather clever and very well themed and thought out. Shows they put more thought into theming them just throwing up garland.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalFan View Post
    This. I find it rather clever and very well themed and thought out. Shows they put more thought into theming them just throwing up garland.
    Exactly. If you look closely at each strand of garland and decor, they all match the existing colors of each building and relate to the people "living" in the upper stories. Above the caricature artists, there is usually some musical instruments and sheet music on the balcony. As you can see in Ron's pictures, that balcony features musical notes and instruments throughout the garland and decor. Same idea with the voodoo lady's bottles. They aren't cheap, in fact, they bring a huge level of class to the area as it shows attention to detail and theming and its best.

• Minion

Actually, I DID notice right away that it was the voodoo lady's balcony and I realize what they were going for. Still don't care for it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast