• Joe Flowers

My Winnie the Pooh pumpkins, inspired by the Big Thunder Ranch pumpkin carvers

Well surprisingly to me at least, after only 4 days, my Phineas and Ferb pumpkins were moldy and starting to collapse.
    You can check those out here: Phineas and Ferb. Before they got moldy I mean. Pictures after the fact would be gross.

With a few days still to go before Halloween, the porch was looking empty. So off to the store again to grab some more pumpkins. This time the theme was Winnie the Pooh. After just having gotten back from Japan and riding the most excellent Winnie the Pooh Hunny Hunt ride, we thought this would be a great theme (my Japan trip report will be posted as soon as I get through all the photos).

And of course, I had to have another Mickey to top everything off.

Name:  Pooh Pumpkins-4.jpg
Views: 799
Size:  158.5 KB

Name:  Pooh Pumpkins-1.jpg
Views: 518
Size:  154.6 KB

Name:  Pooh Pumpkins-2.jpg
Views: 520
Size:  152.0 KB

Name:  Pooh Pumpkins-3.jpg
Views: 514
Size:  218.1 KB

Name:  Pooh Pumpkins-5.jpg
Views: 514
Size:  245.3 KB

Name:  Pooh Pumpkins-7.jpg
Views: 507
Size:  110.5 KB

Name:  Pooh Pumpkins-6.jpg
Views: 505
Size:  126.9 KB

Name:  Pooh Pumpkins-8.jpg
Views: 505
Size:  132.7 KB

Name:  Pooh Pumpkins-9.jpg
Views: 502
Size:  135.5 KB

Hope everyone has a great Halloween! And I'm hoping to see a few more Disney pumpkins.

• Sock Puppet

Re: My Winnie the Pooh pumpkins, inspired by the Big Thunder Ranch pumpkin carvers

These are great! I wish I had your talent, my Mickey Pumpkin I made a last weekend for a family trip to Joshua Tree turned out nowhere near as great as those masterpeices!

Re: My Winnie the Pooh pumpkins, inspired by the Big Thunder Ranch pumpkin carvers

Those are very nice.

I use the fake pumpkins from Michaels and we carve them because I hate from the kids to go to all that work to have it rot

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Very nice work on those pumpkins. I haven't carved a pumpkin in years, Due to the cost of the pumpkins, and the cleaning up the mess after Halloween is over.

• Mrs. J. Depp

Those are great! When I actually do carve pumpkins (this year I'm not) I go all out and spend like 2 hours per pumpkin. It's such a labor of love.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

I might as well show off ours as well. These are fake pumpkins. The Mickey one isn't quite as dark colored in person.

• Love HD videos!

20 to 35 mins from Disneyland, Knotts, Universal, Raging water

I remembered as a kids, every house on my street would decorate Halloween stuff. Nowadays, it seems that a lot of houses are not carving pumpkin or put up decoration.

I never knew that there is a template for pumpkin.

Overall very nicely done.

I remembered the last time I saw your thread was when you did Walt Disney world and Disneyland on the same day.
    My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
    http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

• Joe Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by NetteNutt View Post
    Those are very nice.

I use the fake pumpkins from Michaels and we carve them because I hate from the kids to go to all that work to have it rot
    I've tried those before when I was only carving skin deep pumpkins. That's a good idea though. I'll have to stop by Michael's and see if they have 50% off on pumpkins on Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    Very nice work on those pumpkins. I haven't carved a pumpkin in years, Due to the cost of the pumpkins, and the cleaning up the mess after Halloween is over.
    I was fully expecting pumpkin prices to be really high this year. I had heard (through who knows where, and probably incorrect) that 50% of the pumpkin harvest was lost due to frost.

I had really good luck though. The Phineas and Ferb ones were $4 each, and the Pooh ones were $3.33. Not bad at all.

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyInWonderland View Post
    Those are great! When I actually do carve pumpkins (this year I'm not) I go all out and spend like 2 hours per pumpkin. It's such a labor of love.
    It is a labor of love. And half of it is just the fun times you have with the people you're carving with. In the past, we've had parties with lots of people coming over to carve. We were in Japan 7 days before though, so the invite was too late for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Low Saturn View Post
    I might as well show off ours as well. These are fake pumpkins. The Mickey one isn't quite as dark colored in person.

Nice job on the Funkins. I like seeing what other people have done. Looks like you've got quite the collection.

Quote Originally Posted by asianbma View Post
    I remembered as a kids, every house on my street would decorate Halloween stuff. Nowadays, it seems that a lot of houses are not carving pumpkin or put up decoration.

I never knew that there is a template for pumpkin.

Overall very nicely done.

I remembered the last time I saw your thread was when you did Walt Disney world and Disneyland on the same day.
    This is my first year owning a house of my own, so I'm really looking forward to finally being able to put up decorations for all the major holidays.

That was a really fun day doing both parks. I've linked to that in my signature.

My next big adventure was going to Japan and going to Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo Disney Sea for 7 days. Once I go through all the photos, I'll be posting a trip report. You can see all the Halloween photos I took while I was there on this thread. Halloweentime photos from Tokyo Disneyland plus Nightmare Mansion - Very Pic heavy

I figured I would give a go too

Name:  IMG_0553.jpg
Views: 238
Size:  147.3 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  

• Joe Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by wannabejack View Post
    I figured I would give a go too

Name:  IMG_0553.jpg
Views: 238
Size:  147.3 KB
    Nice! I like the Little Mermaid one in particular. The silhouette looks great on a pumpkin.

Can I get a hint on what the 2nd from the left is?

Quote Originally Posted by mre200200 View Post
    Nice! I like the Little Mermaid one in particular. The silhouette looks great on a pumpkin.

Can I get a hint on what the 2nd from the left is?
    Thank you, I am glad you enjoy them as much as I do - The second one from the left is my only non-Disney pumpkin; It's a a panda

• Minion

i wish i could curve a pumpkin and come out sort of recognizable maybe one year i can practice curving fake pumpkins all year until they come out great but for now i'll keep buying the fake already lit up ones from the store Great pumpkins

It's a music Celebration
    Come on, come on, come on
    Strike up the band,
    Feel the beat, what a great sensation
    Come on, come on, come on
    Move and clap your hands,
    Get into the Spirit
    Let everyone hear it,
    So come on, come on