Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rude AP holder

Rude AP holder

Now we live about 3.5 hours away from Disneyland. We go if we are lucky 1-2 times a year. Well Saturday we were in line for HMH and almost ready to get in to our black sleigh. There was a lady behind us who just kept yelling move it people move it. Well that made me mad already but then when she saw me give her a dirty look she started telling her daughter (who looked like she was about 10) that people wouldn't move in line cause they were tourists who had to look around at everything. She then proceeded to tell her daughter that it wasn't her fault that they could come whenever they wanted and other people couldn't. I was SO MAD!! She was just SOOOOOOOO rude. Now I am not saying that all AP holders are like that but as AP holders people should remember that not everyone that goes to Disneyland can go everyday if they wanted. If I lived in so cal my family and I would probably have AP so we could go anytime we wanted but never would I take away the magic from someone else just cause I could come whenever I wanted.

Re: Rude AP holder

Wow, what a story. Let me tell you, you are not alone. I have seen many APs who feel that they own the park, and act in rude and obnoxious ways. It's unfortunate but all to common. I am an AP myself, and when I go to the resort, I am aware that this may be a family's first, or even only time visiting, so as an AP I try to be very aware as to if there is something I personally can do to make a family's trip more enjoyable. Even if it something so small as letting them have the first row on Idiana Jones. It's the small things that make trips enjoyable for families.

• Circle of Ancients

^ I agree.

I also don't 'advertise' the fact that I have an AP. No AP lanyards, shirts, etc, etc, etc. They are in my wallet and the only times they come out are when we are going into one of the parks or getting FP's.

• See you there!

I don't believe that that behavior is limited to AP holders, I've seen plenty of once-a-year, tourists and day-guests who are just as annoying and rude the AP that was described. I believe that annoying people will be annoying whereever thay are (not just DL).

I know, and have known quite a few AP's over the years, and some Club 33 members. Most AP holders are very nice, considerarte and polite and really wouldn't do what was described here. I also know some Club 33 members who are the nicest folks you ever want to meet, salt of the Earth kind of folks. But I've also known some Club 33 members who think they own the park, and that the tourists and AP's are just in the way of their enjoyment.

Long story short, most folks (AP, Club 33, tourists, day-guests) are really, really very, very good folks. I've run into many, many nice folks in all the above categories, and to single out an AP as rude, just because they are an AP holder is, well, the right of any writter, but not necessarily a fact for all AP's (or Club 33, or once-a-year-guests or day-guests or tourists). People are just people and they are the same wheither they have an AP, or anything else.

What I try to do is just ignore the very few rude folks, I just try to get away from them, I try to forget them ASAP and try to not let them ruin my day. My day being a plesant day (and we don't have too many days) is far, far more important to me than a day being upset. I try not give rude folks the power to ruin my day! (sometimes I forget my own advice, and I pay for it with a lousey day )

Just MHO, YMMV

CU@DL

Andy

Um yea. These are the people who ruin the magic for everyone. These are also the people who tell you how to do your job. I am very sorry you had to experiece, but I see this all the time. Then there are the really nice APs, who are the nicest in the world, which thank you everytime they see you and appreciate the work you do.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverStyle
    Um yea. These are the people who ruin the magic for everyone. These are also the people who tell you how to do your job. I am very sorry you had to experiece, but I see this all the time. Then there are the really nice APs, who are the nicest in the world, which thank you everytime they see you and appreciate the work you do.
    I tend to do that as often as i can if CM's go above the call of duty for me or people in other groups who are to stupid to realize someone just did something nice for them. Unforutnatly i complemented a cast member for a bad thing though... ...let me explain.

So after a wonderful day at the resort, my family got of the tram and was heading into the pinnochio parking lot. As we going there via the courtyard, we see a group of women who are walking in the tram route and not the walkway. A cast member at the crosswalk was motioning them from far away to stay on the sidewalk because of an approaching tram. She flipped him off and kept on walking with her group in the tram route. The cast member then tried loudly explaining, because of the distance, that there was an oncomming tram. They finally went up to the cast member and started yelling at him. Saying ******* Y**, you're a Bull****! The cast member stood there in shock, while the woman went on saying that she spent $500 today so she owns the park and she will walk where she damn well wants. And ofcourse by that time there is no point in calling security, and she was out of danger, so he just shrugged it off. As my family approached the crosswalk, the cast member asked us to wait because of an approaching tram. He appoligized and said it would only take a minute. So I said, that's no problem. If it's for our saftey we would do whatever instructed to. He was shocked and said thank you. And my mom said thank you for all the work that you've done. Now i know this sound really corny, but this poor guy who was probably there along time in the cold and then a crappy guest, it's like the least we could do.

• See you there!

Quote Originally Posted by SilverStyle
    I also believe we should just take a little time and say "Thank You" to CMs. So many of them do so much. But, even the ones who "just do their job" really make my (our) day. I hope I also say "Thank you" often enough.

Also, I believe sometimes, just a friendly "Hello, how are you?" can let a CM know you appreciate them.

CU@DL

Andy

• MiceChat News Team
    • Supervillan Extrodinaire

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CUatDL
    I also believe we should just take a little time and say "Thank You" to CMs. So many of them do so much. But, even the ones who "just do their job" really make my (our) day. I hope I also say "Thank you" often enough.

Also, I believe sometimes, just a friendly "Hello, how are you?" can let a CM know you appreciate them.

CU@DL

Andy

Agreed. Whenever I am there and a CM assists me (Letting me know what car to get into, what line to stand in, etc. I always say thank you. Another thing that my I do is if I see someone with one of the guides looking at a map and its clear they are trying to find something, I will go over and see if I can help them out. Its little things like this that keep the Disney magic alive.
    Growing older is manditory
    Growing up is however, optional

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

rudeness is unfortunately free, APs are not.
    Just depends on the person, AP holder or not.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

...people wouldn't move in line cause they were tourists who had to look around at everything.
    I find this to be the most fascinating part of this tale. Vic and I are AP holders and have been to the park many, many times. I still like to linger in HM to look at all the details. My gosh... the whole reason we have APs is because we enjoy the park and its detail so much. I hope I never get to the point where I don't want to stand and watch the changing portraits awhile or play with the "staring" busts on the wall. We often step to the side in the hallway so the people in a hurry can rush by and we can linger to enjoy the details at leisure. What's the point of going into the attraction in the first place if you don't want to "look around at everything?"

BTW: I suppose there are some who feel a sense of entitlement by having an AP and behave badly as a result. I suspect they are more than just rude AP holders, however. If you were to follow them around in their daily life outside Disneyland, you'd probably find that these are just rude, boorish people in general.
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

If you pay hundreds of dollars for an AP, then that is your own, personal choice. But Disneyland costs way more than a couple of hundred dollars.

I'm sorry you had a bad experience. I've got an AP myself, but it's the only one that I've ever had, and it was basically the whole of my graduation present...I used the money my parents gave me, plus my friends', and I was able to get one, something I had always dreamed about. I have to agree with Tom, that is odd. Because of my AP, I don't rush around the park anymore...I can take things at a leisurely pace, and enjoy the surroundings. And isn't a good majority of the magic of Disneyland the visuals? Yeesh. That woman was probably pmsing.

She could have been like that because of the crowds I'd suspect. Probably frusterated with people stopping in the middle of walkways and such with a group of six (although with how crowded I'm hearing the place is, in plenty of cases that can't be helped). Heavy crowds bring out the worst in people at Disneyland. I went with my boyfriend over the summer, and the place was just a zoo. We were trying to get on the tram to go home, and we were both standing in line, like any proper guests would, extremely fatigued and waiting tram after tram to get on. When it was technically our turn to go, about 5 large women bustled in front of us and just took our seats before we could get to the tram. It was probably past midnight at the time, and I just stood there, absolutely infuritated, but way too tired to do anything. Maybe they were AP holders, maybe they weren't. But damn, that was rude.

It's a shame that DCA isn't more popular. It would be eating the crowds far better, and then maybe everyone could get a breather and not be so nasty to other people around them.

*edit*

I just remember having a run-in with a selfish AP. I had been wanting to go on the vnmk tour all summer long, and had the passes et all to do it for several months, but never got the chance, due to many reasons beyond my control. So my boyfriend and I planned to do it the last time we would go before classes would start up again. I should also add that the CM that gave us our tour passes never said anything about reservations. Anyhow, we knew what times the tours were, and we wanted to do the afternoon one. Since we didn't know about reserving, we of course didn't get to go on the tour. I was crushed...I'd been looking forward to going for months. After the CM explained everything to us and she said we could wait to see if people didn't show up, I stood on the other side as the lady behind us came up to the desk. And she-I still can't believe she did this-she asked who was leading the tour. The CM responded, and the lady excalimed, "Oh, great!" What the heck? It was summertime, the whole vmk tour thing had not been out for that long...and she had already been on it and was going again? People are so selfish, it disgusts me. I have two vmk tour cards that I can use, and I won't use them for a long time, I can promise you. Not everyone gets the chance to do something special like that. If you're only going to sell vmk cards on ebay (or to just get into rides through the back entrance), then you should be ashamed of yourself. Blah. Sorry I ranted.
    Last edited by pineapplewhipaddict; 12-12-2005 at 02:40 PM.

• Artsy Fartsy

To me this is the how not to act AP thread. Can I say that I find it a privlage to be able to get an Ap. But it's not like you've paid to be the Mayor. So listen to CMs there obviously there to steer you in the right direction. Btw, I just got my first AP from my Mommy,(I think it's cute that a 30 year old woman can still call her mom Mommy) for my Birthday.

[IMG]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/iz6m4v8ubq0103m8.png[/IMG]

• Who's your DaddyB?

Let's face it, there are some people out there with a VERY low self esteem, and to make themselved feel better, they have to say things like that, out loud. Trying to elevate yourself in public does not elevate yourself, it makes you look extremely petty and well, sad.

Most adults have learned this early on... in fact right about Jr. high age. Some don't, and never will.
    ---------------------------------------------

a walk around the park... Star Tours, Nemo, Fantasyland, Frontierland, DCA... and more!

• Rock Star Minion

Meh, most people learn this from their parents, either by example or by being force-fed the idea that they're the king/queen of the earth.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Hooterville, USA

It's a trend that has me worried. People who are rude to you by hiding behind their steering wheel, have now taken it to the stores and parks. Rude behavior is nothing more than rude behavior reguardless of your status. Maybe if people had consequences for thier behavior, we might see less childish conduct. Obviously the CM had to bite their tongue, but we don't. But please, don't make this an AP debate.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast